What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are Sativa Super Autos Reliable?

'Boogieman'

I want to try a few Super Autos in my search for potent sativas that will finish outdoors in my climate. My season is good from May until mid October, reports of some going 200+ days is a concern for my climate even if started indoors in april. I would like to hear from others experience growing these super autos.

Arnold.

I did an extensive search for sativa highs for a Northern outdoor time frame. 52N, Belgium.

You can start seeds at least one month earlier here, I germ most of mine April the 1st.

This is Muay Thai x Wild Thailand ryder I made:

V5Aqpvy.jpg

gmPnm4X.jpg

Arnold.

So yes, those super auto's can be quiet late, but just start them early or get them rootbound and you'll be safe.

Other nice sativa high's:
Durban, WildSuper07, Ultra Early Love, Hells Angels x GuerillaGold sativa

Koondense

Veteran
Very nice arnold!
I tried both Flash and LaBuenaHierba, both are great but LBH are generally quicker and a bit more resistent.
MuayThai can get huuuuuge when planted in soil(not pots), mine went may-october and was a true monster but gorgeous plant.

Cheers

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I want to try a few Super Autos in my search for potent sativas that will finish outdoors in my climate. My season is good from May until mid October, reports of some going 200+ days is a concern for my climate even if started indoors in april. I would like to hear from others experience growing these super autos.
Answer: yes.

I plant super autos outdoors, from anywhere in February (very mild winter, last year) through July (finished in October/November).

Anything planted in or before May is going to be fine, all things considered.

By the way, as long as it doesn't freeze, you can plant seeds outdoors very early. It seems to make for very robust plants too.

I have noticed that you can prevent some mildew by not watering after the completion of flowering. It is as if the mature flowers naturally attract moisture/dew, and maybe that is how the plants water themselves in desert like conditions/at the end of the dry season.

In the tropics, rain falls once a year, in the monsoon season. After that, there is only the water in acquifers/standing pools, which slowly dry until the next rainy season.

I've long thought that the increased need for phosphorus just prior to flowering is to facilitate an expansion of the root system to supply all the new calyxes and hairs, facilitated by the retreat of the water table, which upon retreating creates upto 2 feet of space for new roots to grow.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I don't know about super autos, but I think you can go wrong with AUTO MALAWI X NORTHERN LIGHTS from Ace Seeds . It's given for 12 weeks max .
The breeder said to not under estimate her .

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=340805

:tiphat: Have a good season 2018 !

Latest posts

Latest posts