What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Forum Description And Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

Veteran
Thank you everyone for the kind words!

we have our first thread for the new section comparing canna boost to molasses.

it is a long thread, and although it is not a new thread, it is comprehensive.

thank you to *mistress* for sending me the link and suggesting it be moved.:thank you:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
great idea....whomever's it was.... Molasses vs. Pure Aguave Nectar- is something ive recently been dabling with...

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i love the site and a section like this is only gonna make it better.. way to go sleepy...
i would like to see a side by side hotilux1000whps vrs ushio1000whps to see which one is really the best bulb. gotta be same ballast strains system...etc etc etc . maybe ill take that experiment only thing is i got 1 pl 1 hydrofarm ballast.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
accolades for the ideas seem to be the whole of the first two pages.
Would like to see the thread start in earnest after that.
Definetely will return time and again to check.

Any, and i repeat, Any wisdom garnered using sidebyside will benefit, regardless of the scientific method being ignored. Sorry Spurr...just think that there are newbs that could use Any sort of help in their grows.

The problem I see is there will be so many different comparisons that it will be hard to find correlations between them. ?Linking the experiments to the results could werk?

I am so here.

Ligyron

. . . I think that valuable information is gained everyday in here from threads that were poorly constructed and with completely wrong or bad info just dripping out of it. . .

Herein lies the paradox with excersizing any degree of selectivity or dare I say "censorship". Because the problem is: It is impossible to tell where a good idea may come from -- or lead to.

OTOH, a total lack of structure to begin with or a complete lack of any additional monitoring whatsoever could easily require the reader to hack through such a wilderness of bad language, flames, spam and egotistical diatribe as to render any useful information scattered within practically invisible.

Considering the alternative(s), or really the lack thereof, most (including myself) would opt for the format and conditions here chosen.

Excellent idea! Should be a good and useful show & tell . . .

Sleepy

Veteran
ahhh...yes, mee too...

ahhh...yes, mee too...

accolades for the ideas seem to be the whole of the first two pages.
Would like to see the thread start in earnest after that.
Definetely will return time and again to check.

Any, and i repeat, Any wisdom garnered using sidebyside will benefit, regardless of the scientific method being ignored. Sorry Spurr...just think that there are newbs that could use Any sort of help in their grows.

The problem I see is there will be so many different comparisons that it will be hard to find correlations between them. ?Linking the experiments to the results could werk?

I am so here.

and i can point this out to you from my original post:

your side-by-side comparisons will all need to be approved before showing up on the forum, with only those that meet the requirements of a true side-by-side, or controlled experiment getting approved.

:tiphat:
thank%20you.gif

anyone can submit a new comparative grow for the forum...we are not restricting, nor censoring anyone.

the only stipulation is that all submitted threads meet the criteria as spelled out in the sub-forum description.

feel free to send me a link for an existing thread that would fit better here, or submit one yourself, and we will see if it 'fits' or not.

thanks!

ROJO145

Veteran
Rite On Sleepy!!Bout time ya started earnin ya keep around here anyway!!Be nice to see some cool side by's:respect:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like this idea

and believe some real world comparisons will be of high value to everyone.

what I believe will benefit everyone also, is simple to the point pictures, with minimal text. alot of people don't have time to sift through alot of info, and as they always say , the simpler the better..

hazydreams

i think that i posted my test of cloning mediums preemptively in the Botany section of the forum. any chance i can get a mod to switch it from there? tests will be on going to test rock wool vs Happy frog vs Rapid rooter/peat pellets.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
great! hope we'll see some action here.
congrats and good luck with this section Sleepy.. :wave:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Big ups to Sleepy for accepting the responsibility of moderating this new forum. :yes: Very happy that it is getting such positive feedback and attention from many of you here.....now let's see some side by sides...as always, the proof is in the pudding! ;)

:ying:

B

Ben Tokin

Big ups to Sleepy for accepting the responsibility of moderating this new forum. :yes: Very happy that it is getting such positive feedback and attention from many of you here.....now let's see some side by sides...as always, the proof is in the pudding! ;)

I think somebody got the munchies and ate the pudding....:)

fishman

250 watts LED vs CPF vs HID

250 watts LED vs CPF vs HID

I would like to see a grow of 250 watts. 1 with 250 watts LEDs VS 250 watts of CPF VS 250 watts HIDS 4 plants of the same strain
If this has already been done please sent me a link thanks you

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
this thread should really take off once ppl find out its here. i've given some thought of providing a side by side experiment, its only that it takes some time to plan and execute.
great idea though...i want to return with something in hand.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
There seems to be far too many instances of flaming others on the site, basically due to a difference of opinion, especially pertaining to growing/growing methods.

Perhaps by giving growers a dedicated forum to show xxx vs xxx it will cut down on the false claims/wives tales/assumptions/unvalidated opinions, and the like....and instead be a place of learning...a place where everyone can see with their own eyes comparisons used to back up a claim of xxx being reliable, etc.

Setting up, and following through, with a scientific based side by side is very time consuming and requires much forethought in it's presentation/execution, but hope to see many interesting threads develop here nonetheless. ;)

Sleepy

Veteran
exactly...

exactly...

There seems to be far too many instances of flaming others on the site, basically due to a difference of opinion, especially pertaining to growing/growing methods.

Perhaps by giving growers a dedicated forum to show xxx vs xxx it will cut down on the false claims/wives tales/assumptions/unvalidated opinions, and the like....and instead be a place of learning...a place where everyone can see with their own eyes comparisons used to back up a claim of xxx being reliable, etc.

Setting up, and following through, with a scientific based side by side is very time consuming and requires much forethought in it's presentation/execution, but hope to see many interesting threads develop here nonetheless. ;)

there's more to it than:
"show me this vs. that"....

it takes a bit more than providing a link to a thread, that is why this forum is set up the way it is...you submit the thread, and it will be examined. then approved or not.

i am happy to post or move threads into the new forum, but they have to meet the criteria set forth in my opening post.

i hope it is not too confusing.

BrainSellz

Veteran
hats off to this.....its all about substance now......you guys have outdone yourselves on this one......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts