What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NJ Medical Marijuana

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Well, I'm looking out my window right now...and I don't see anyone walking down the street burning giant Marleys.....so I guess nothing's happened yet.

accessndx

Veteran
Yeah bro, I was looking out the window all night...I didn't see any hippies, no rastafarians....Cheech and Chong didn't roll by in that Ice Cream truck made of marijuana....nothing special. I think you may be right about the vote taking place later in Feb.

big mike

New Jersey Medical Marijuana Information Seminar

WHO: National radio personality Chris Goldstein and Ken Wolski, RN, Executive Director of the Coalition for Medical Marijuana--New Jersey, Inc.

WHAT: Will host a New Jersey Medical Marijuana Information Seminar

WHEN: Tuesday evening, February 3rd 2009 from 7:00 PM until 8:30 PM

WHERE: Willingboro Public Library, 220 Willingboro Parkway, Willingboro, NJ 08046

(609) 877-6668.

WHY: To explain the pending legislation in New Jersey and to discuss the history of marijuana use, marijuana prohibition, and medical access to marijuana.

National radio personality Chris Goldstein and Ken Wolski, RN, Executive Director of the Coalition for Medical Marijuana--New Jersey, Inc. (CMMNJ) will host a “New Jersey Medical Marijuana Information Seminar” on February 3rd, 2009 at 7:00 PM at the Willingboro Public Library in Willingboro, NJ. Goldstein will discuss the following issues: History of Marijuana Use; History of Prohibition; Medical Marijuana Access. Wolski said, “The seminar will explain why marijuana was prohibited in the first place, and the current need for this safe, effective and inexpensive therapeutic agent. Nearly 25% of all Americans now live in a medical marijuana state and eventually, it will be legal throughout the country. Yet every day, seriously ill New Jersey patients are either being arrested for using medical marijuana, or are suffering needlessly without it.” Literature will be available and there will be time for questions from the seminar audience.

New Jersey’s bill, the "New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act" (S119) was recently voted out of a key legislative committee. This bill will allow patients to use a small amount of marijuana when a licensed physician recommends it for chronic pain, nausea, cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, etc. New Jersey patients will be issued state ID cards in a program run by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services. S119 will now go to the full senate for a vote.

S

stoned teacher

Best luck Jersey folks.... man this law is way more comprehensive than my states...

Gooo Garden State!

xOOx

you knew it would happen sometime, big mike.. but there is a template for every state that is coming up with an mj law i think from them probably.

if you whois that domain it belongs to sum1 from Florida...who has a parent domain of "saveoursociety.org" which is registered in Florida, under the 'Drug Free America Foundation'

and you know where there money comes from... Alcochol and Big Pharma -- they have to protect their patents!! LOL think of all the money loss, hey nobody is buying our anti nausia medicine anymore!! waaa $$ $$$ $$ send anonymous donation to DFA, and stick it to you by making it a write off!! sad how they recruit people who are willing to rally and fight for their cause but don't realize who is controlling them, and they make them think they are doing something good too..suckers

and i like how they are using scare tactics, many quotes from outdated articles too.. what a lie. my grandparents would be terrified of this web site i'm sure. good thing their dead. as most of the people who believed this crap from years of propoganda..i hope

xoox

Koroz

SAMforNewJersey@gmail.com

there is their email. Time to start explaining, in COHERENT and WELL SPOKEN TERMS how wrong they are.

Please do not email them if you can't spell a sentence right (or use spell check) and can't put together a coherent and thought out post. All they will do is post it on their page as proof that smoking cannabis makes you stupid.

big mike

Dear Compassionate Use Campaign Supporters,

As you know, the New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act was passed out of the Senate Health Committee on Dec. 15th by a 6-1 margin. We are hopeful that the bill will be posted for a full Senate vote towards the end of the month. In the meantime, the Compassionate Use Campaign is working hard to ensure that we have the legislative votes we need for passage through the Senate, but we need your help. In order to maintain the positive media coverage we have received in the past surrounding this issue and reinforce support for the legislation, I strongly encourage you to send letters to the editor in response to the articles, editorials, op-eds, and letters to the editor I have attached to this e-mail. Please send your letters to:

Home News Tribune: hntletters@MyCentralJersey.com

Courier News: http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=cnletters

Press of Atlantic City: letters@pressofac.com

Trenton Times: letters@njtimes.com

TIPS FOR WRITING AND SENDING A LTE:

Limit your letter to 150 – 200 words (concentrate on one or two points in the letter)

Try and submit your letter to the editor as soon as possible. The sooner you submit a letter in response to a recent publication the better your chance of it being published.

Include your full name, hometown and daytime telephone number at the end of your letter for verification purposes.

Send the text of your letter in the body of the e-mail (many newspapers won’t accept letters as attachments)

Make sure to directly reference the article / editorial / op-ed / letter to the editor that you are responding to (For instance, if you are responding to the first Courier News article, in the beginning of your letter include: Hillsborough woman suffering from multiple sclerosis touts merits of medical marijuana, February 1st)

If you need help editing or drafting a letter to the editor I would be more than happy to assist you. As always, thank you for all that you do!

Best,

Meagan

P.S. If a newspaper calls to confirm your submission, please let me know so I can keep an eye out for your letter!

Meagan J.

Policy Coordinator

Drug Policy Alliance New Jersey

16 West Front Street, Suite 101A

Trenton, New Jersey 08608

(p) 609-396-8613

(f) 609-396-9478

Help out if you can...

big mike

The rumor is that S119 will be heard in the NJ Senate on 2/23/09. That reportedly is the word from Sen. Scutari's office.

Come to Trenton to support medical marijuana, Monday, 2/23/09

big mike

OPEN TO MEMBERS AND FRIENDS OF NORML

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 21ST
7:00 to 9:00 PM

2348 VERMONT AVE.
TOMS RIVER, NEW JERSEY

Join us for Wine, Beer, Cheese, and Snacks!
You may bring your own beverages.

AGENDA

* Rally support for S-119 Medical Marijuana Bill
* Discuss Municipal Ballot Initiative Project
* Organize Volounteers and share information
* Recruit New Members
* Fundraiser Planned - Summer Party
* Open forum for ideas

Guests may not buy, sell, exchange or use marijuana at this meeting.

No marijuana is permitted on the property. If you can't abstain for two hours, you will not be able to attend.

Please email with questions or for directions:
annedavis1 [at] comcast.net

big mike

MPP said:
On Monday, February 23, at 2:00 p.m. the New Jersey Senate will debate and vote on S119, the New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act. This important legislation would allow patients suffering from debilitating illnesses such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, and multiple sclerosis to use medical marijuana with their doctors' recommendations.

Thank you to everyone who has already contacted your legislators in support of this compassionate bill. If you haven't done so yet, please urge your legislators to support S119 now. If you have already e-mailed your senator, please take a moment to call him or her now.

If you are able to make it to Trenton on Monday afternoon, please try to attend the debate and vote on S119. It will take place in the senate chambers of the Statehouse in Trenton. For directions to the Statehouse please click here, and for information regarding parking near the Statehouse please click here. Once at the Statehouse, a security guard or trooper will greet you. Please make sure you have a valid picture ID to enter the building and obtain a visitor's pass. Please also dress professionally.

If you are unable to attend the voting session, you can watch and listen live online on Monday at 2:00 p.m.

The Drug Policy Alliance New Jersey has done a great job lobbying and organizing support for this bill. They have garnered the support of the New Jersey State Nurses Association, the New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians, the New Jersey Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, the New Jersey League for Nursing, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's southern and northern New Jersey chapters, and many other organizations.

But your legislators need to hear from you so they can see the support for this bill firsthand. Please take action now. And then pass this alert on to your friends, family, and neighbors in New Jersey. Thank you for supporting the Marijuana Policy Project and our allies.

Show your support Jersey! :joint:

big mike

OPEN TO MEMBERS AND FRIENDS OF NORML

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 21ST
7:00 to 9:00 PM

2348 VERMONT AVE.
TOMS RIVER, NEW JERSEY

Join us for Wine, Beer, Cheese, and Snacks!
You may bring your own beverages.

AGENDA

* Rally support for S-119 Medical Marijuana Bill
* Discuss Municipal Ballot Initiative Project
* Organize Volounteers and share information
* Recruit New Members
* Fundraiser Planned - Summer Party
* Open forum for ideas

Guests may not buy, sell, exchange or use marijuana at this meeting.

No marijuana is permitted on the property. If you can't abstain for two hours, you will not be able to attend.

Please email with questions or for directions:
annedavis1 [at] comcast.net

Just a bump for tonight....... :joint:

ForestBuds

Showing my support w/ Video!

Showing my support w/ Video!

Hi everybody. This is such a fantastic news! I grew up in Atlantic City, NJ so I know on how oppressing and hypocrite the government is while allowing other vices.

Regular citizens in the state have been oppressed by our nearby federal government in Washington DC. It is the time now for MMJ law to be entacted in the Garden state!

Showing my support!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEdvbq7UwhE

This is the marina district in Atlantic City, a video I just took today. :joint:

Last edited:

big mike

CALL- IN sponsored by PATIENTS OUT OF TIME

Patients need you -- minutes now will help thousands of seriously ill
Americans in pain, access their medicine without fear of their lives
being destroyed.

This Monday, Feb. 23 2009, the New Jersey Senate votes on New Jersey
Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act (Bill S119), allowing
prescribed NJ patients their marijuana. The New Jersey Assembly will
then vote yes; Governor Corizine will sign the law. All voting
must be completed by the end of the Spring term or the entire 2yr.
process restarts -- hearings, and then voting, in both Senate and
Assembly committees, then full votes on each floor...............
CMMNJ ( www.cmmnj.org ) has worked very hard on this issue and needs
our help now.

Right now, NJ Senators want more information to make the right choice.
Lots of negative mail on this issue has been hitting the Senators.

New Jersey passed a therapeutic marijuana bill over 25 yrs. ago -- but,
because the federal government discontinued its program, zero patients
have been allowed access to their medication. S119 simply implements
the previous bill.

S119 will be voted on Mon. at 2pm. We ask you to call, or email, as
many NJ senators as you can over the weekend, (or up until 11:00am,
Mon.) NJ only has 40 state senators. Even if all cast votes, only 21
need to vote yes. IF YOU CALL OVER THE WEEKEND, YOU WILL GET A
MESSAGE MACHINE -- IN 3 OR 4 SECONDS YOU CAN GET YOUR OPINION COUNTED!
10-30 seconds speaking can communicate even a long saga -- write out a
short script for yourself. Calling even all 40 can take under 5
minutes including dialing (20 if youve got a lot to say--so, dont
delay)

EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT FROM NJ, THEY WILL STILL CONSIDER YOUR OPINION &
EXPERIENCES especially as, and with, patients.

POINTS YOU MAY WISH TO INCLUDE:
1) You do not need to give your name. You might want to identify
yourself by your occupation, esp. as it impacts this issue, or as a
mom, a grandfather, or your interests. Just let them know that regular
people like us - baseball players, bikers, hikers, school board
members, teachers-- are really for ending criminal penalties against
people trying to access medication.

2) If you are a patient/caregiver or friend/relative of one, please add
a line or 2 about your experiences.

3) If you are from New Jersey, or were, or have family or friends here
-- esp. ones who vote-- you may choose to say so.

A COUPLE WORDS ARE GREAT
we know your time is very valuable,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NJ SENATORS CONTACT INFO-
If you wish to email, go to http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/SelectRep.asp

District 1-- Jeff Van Drew -D Cape May Court House, NJ (609)
465-0700

District 2-- Jim Whelan ¡V D Northfield, NJ (609) 383-1388

District 3-- Stephen M. Sweeney- D West Deptford, NJ (856) 251-9801

District 4-- Fred H. Madden, JR -D Northfield, NJ (609) 383-1388

District 5 -- Dana L. Redd- D Camden, NJ (856) 225-9068

District 6-- James Beach ¡V D Cherry Hill, NJ (856) 489-3442

District 7-- Diane B. Allen ¡V R Burlington, NJ (609) 239-2800

District 8-- Philip E. Haines ¡V R Medford, NJ (609) 654-1498

District 9-- Christopher J. Connors ¡V R Forked River, NJ (609)
693-6700

District 10-- Andrew R. Ciesla ¡V R Brick, NJ (732) 840-9028

District 11-- Sean T. Kean ¡V R Wall Township, NJ (732)974-0400

District 12-- Jennifer Beck ¡V R Red Bank, NJ (732) 933-1591

District 13-- Joseph M. Kyrillos, Jr. Middletown, NJ (732) 671-3206

District 14-- Bill Baroni Hamilton Square, NJ (609) 631-9988
(very pro)
District 15-- Shirley K. Turner- D Trenton, NJ (609) 530-3277

District 16-- Christopher Bateman ¡V R Somerville, NJ (908) 526-3600

District 17-- Bob Smith ¡V D Piscataway, NJ (732) 752-0770

District 18-- Barbara Buono- D Edison, NJ (732) 205-1372

District 19-- Joseph F. Vitale ¡V D Woodbridge, NJ (732) 855-7441

District 20-- Raymond J. Lesniak ¡V D Union, NJ (908) 624-0880

District 21-- Thomas H. Kean, Jr. ¡V R Westfield, NJ (908) 232-3673
(he is very anti) Summit, NJ (908) 918-0414

District 22-- Nicholas P. Scutari ¡V D Linden, NJ (908) 587-0404
(very pro)

District 23 -- Marcia A. Karrow ¡V R Flemington, NJ (908) 782-5127
(new, analytical and an MBA)

District 24-- Steven Oroho- R Sparta, NJ (973) 300-0200

District 25-- Anthony R. Bucco ¡V R Denville, NJ (973) 627-9700

District 26-- Joseph Pennacchio- R Morris Plains, NJ (973) 984-0922

District 27-- Richard R. Codey- D West Orange, NJ (973) 731-6770
(Senate President -- was acting Governor 2x--not pro)

District 28-- Ronald L. Rice- D Newark, NJ (973) 371-5665

District 29-- M. Teresa Ruiz- D Newark, NJ (973) 484-1000

District 30-- Robert W. Singer- R Jackson, NJ (732) 901-0702

District 31-- Sandra B. Cunningham ¡V D Jersey City, NJ (201)
451-5100

District 32-- Nicholas J. Sacco ¡VD North Bergen, NJ (201) 295-0200

District 33-- Brian P. Stack West New York, NJ (201) 861-5091

District 34-- Nia H. Gill, Esq. ¡VD Montclair, NJ (973) 509-0388

District 35-- John A. Girgenti- D Hawthorne, NJ (973) 427-1229

District 36-- Paul A. Sarlo ¡V D Wood-Ridge, NJ (201) 804-8118

District 37-- Loretta Weinberg- D Teaneck, NJ (201) 928-0100

District 38-- Robert M Gordon- D Fair Lawn, NJ (201) 703-9779

District 39-- Gerald Cardinale- R Cresskill, NJ (201) 567-2324

District 40-- Kevin J. OToole-R Wayne, NJ (973) 237-1360

AND PLEASE send this email on to as many folks as you can. 10 is good;
one is good too. And then email us back, Call-In@medicalcannabis.com
,with how you did so that we may judge the projects effectiveness and
readjust according to your feedback.

Thank you for your time, as there are many patients running out of it.

Patients Out of Time
www.medicalcannabis.com

xOOx

well, senate session is just on right now.. what do you think..

odds.. over/under

intelligent.. or fear?

tap,tap,tap...

xoox

accessndx

Veteran
I think your 'noia meter is a bit lower than it should be...ROFL!

xOOx

give me a few days to get the haze to build up to an effective and paranoid blood level!!

u hear that sound..what was that..
there it goes again, wtf

xoox

HindukushMaster

they better fckin start passin these things im gettin sick of governers and senators turning them down just cause it "sets bad examples" for the children. good luck new jeru