What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3+lbs per 1000 watts? 1.6g per watt. Anyone?

progro

If I could do 40 plants I would but it’s not worth the risk where I live. If I could I’d do a 2 week veg and take big cuttings. I used to do 2 rooms and harvest every 6 weeks usually 3.5lbs but it was a pain and costly. This way works out economical and the overheads are low while profit is high. I take the clones at 3 weeks or even 5 or 6 if I want them to supercrop. Saves an extra room, keeping mothers etc then I don’t have to have them sitting long. They root, get potted and veg’d until I’m ready. Usually they’ve started to grow out of flower by then and are ready to go. That way I’m self sufficient and in complete control.

progro

A 4-5 week veg time is an eternity. As Easy7 suggests on pg. 2, it would be interesting to see some mathematics and/or comparison trials with shorter veg times in order to assess whether all that 18hr/day electricity hogging up your calendar and spinning your meter is worth it.

Nothing personal against you, and sorry if there are already a zillion threads with this same criticism--but, veg period length is the main thing I'm interested in when I hear "x# per light" accounts.

Why are you doing the reveg thing with clones, and why are you taking them at week 3?

$800 electricity
$50 coco, perlite, nutrients
7lbs x 3k
Priceless....

green404

No, just a regular grower who knows some shit. I only read scientific stuff not garbage and i dont charge $500 an hour for my advice, but maybe i should....

People can charge anything they want for they services and advice. But.. people who charge too much for worthless stuff just look foolish.

The world can always use another jester. carry on

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Isn't yeild genetically based. I mean if everything is in check of course. Why you think npk ratios give you this good results? Do you run same strain before with different npk ratios and have less yeild?
I ask because running 3 different rez. One H&G , second Canna and third with 6/9 gh and have pretty much same results with clones. Ok maybe 3-5 grams difference from clone to clone.
View Image
View Image
Only your wallet notices a real difference

jidoka

Also how different is the n-p-k-Ca-mg-s on those 3 formulas? If those are close how much difference do you expect a label to make

I started using a tissue lab in CO. They had never measured Ca at 1% or more. Avg K was 7%. The big problem was immediately obvious

The bottle dudes followed each other down a very weird path. And the mix your own guys did not go far off that path...including glow

progro

Almost 2 weeks veg. Nice new true leaves and re-veg has finished. You can notice the single blades leaves as they grew out of flower into veg.
PH 5.8
EC 1.2-3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 39

Jnugg

Veteran
Thanks for sharing, You mind starting a grow thread showing start to end? Everything your saying goes right along with what ive read about killing it in coco.

Ive done alot of research on hydro and coco growing for 1+gpw yields. Its all from older threads and discussions though mostly from Heath Robinson and added reassurance from DHF here on icmag that its possible.

Verdant green here on icmag claims 1+gpw yields also but in organic soil.

Alot of people doubt its possible because they have never hit 1gpw, i myself am on the fence.

My best personally has been 2lbs per 1000w in a recirculating hydro system fed 1.0ec all of its life running 20-25 plants sea of green in 6 inch rockwool blocks per light on a mover.

i feel like im researching bigfoot or aliens sometimes, i usually just tell myself its a matter of time finding the genetics that will break 1+gpw.

We just need more good documentation.

I hit .84 gpw back in 2013, bagseed, 3x3x7 secret jardin tent, barebulb vertical 400w HPS, 170cfm 4" exhaust fan, FFOF soil, GH Floramicro and Florabloom using Lucan Formula, no additives. It was my first vert grow and crushed my flat grows from years past.

Link to that grow diary

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=251822

progro

Sorry for the late update, or lack of. Lifes been hectic!
Anyway plants are 2.5 weeks into flower. Veg’d for around 6 weeks but im finding im locking out P a little with the cold weather. Purple stems and such and a need for a flush every 2 weeks or so atm. Temps are around 14C lights off and maybe 23C lights on. Bit cold but no real probs as you can see. I plucked the shit out of them at beginning of flower and lollypopped. Theyve really kicked into gear since and you wouldnt even know. Ill give them another serious plucking around week 4 and set up fir a big yield.
Currently running my own recipe which im loving:
125-32-212-180-60-25-12.5
N. P. K. Ca. Mg. Si. NH4
N:K 1:1.7
Ca:Mg-3:1
P:K-.15-.20:1
PH-5.8
EC-1.2
Feeding every 2 hours lights on.
10hrs first week flower, 13hrs now till finish.
I’ll go a N:K ratio of 1:2 as of end of week 3 with a ratio of 1:2.5 from week 6 onwards. P will be at 50ppm and 60ppm as of week 6
They’ll do 7lbs again no probs. I’ll keep updating as we go.

Attachments

• 95F39EAC-EBFB-4100-89E4-19C9D4D1DEAA.jpg
    95F39EAC-EBFB-4100-89E4-19C9D4D1DEAA.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 43
  • BFB970C5-EB62-4E9B-B305-71ACA979C4A4.jpg
    BFB970C5-EB62-4E9B-B305-71ACA979C4A4.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DDD8FB6F-48D9-4520-B2B5-A4767E07F987.jpg
    DDD8FB6F-48D9-4520-B2B5-A4767E07F987.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 36
  • B3D52369-0C03-42E3-9823-3D7C24A5A16B.jpg
    B3D52369-0C03-42E3-9823-3D7C24A5A16B.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 95040103-54DD-415D-9DAB-9C507B29C395.jpg
    95040103-54DD-415D-9DAB-9C507B29C395.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 39

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hit .84 gpw back in 2013, bagseed, 3x3x7 secret jardin tent, barebulb vertical 400w HPS, 170cfm 4" exhaust fan, FFOF soil, GH Floramicro and Florabloom using Lucan Formula, no additives. It was my first vert grow and crushed my flat grows from years past.

Link to that grow diary

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=251822

I have no proof, but years ago I hit 285 grams out of a 250 watt cabinet I built - DWC with a powerhead and a bathroom exhaust fan for venting.

I've never hit that high of number again.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
i am lucky if i get .85 to .95 g per watt.

one plant 36 in high 20 days vedge 62 days flower 6 in rockwool in 3 gallon coco. hand watered.

picture.php

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

Do what you will. It’s how you get quality and quantity brother.

I have to agree, I have only read the first 2 pages of this thread but heavy strip between day 15 and 21 was a game changer for me. I used to want to grow the plant naturally, I ll never grow without stripping now. I am a stripper now! well I call it selective stripping.

My best so far is 3.5 lbs with 2000 watts LEDs and 15 different cultivars. I am trying to improve on both weight and diversity.

caliprop215

Veteran
No mate. 4-5 weeks at most. I take my clones from my own plants when they’re 3 weeks into flower so by the time my clones go in they’re just starting to revert back to veg growth so they grow a bit spasmodic for a week and then off they go. Big pots, good drainage, good airflow, trichodermia, optimal nutrition, mass pruning during flower and lolliopping equals big yields

I calll bullshit