What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The FCC will vote on its proposal to end net neutrality on December 14th.

oldbootz

Veteran
America becomes North Korea LOL

No but really, they have tried to do it for so long, and the governments are so detached from the actual technology required to do this. It will never work.

brown_thumb

No but really, they have tried to do it for so long, and the governments are so detached from the actual technology required to do this. It will never work.

Big Brother will make it work even if he has to phuck it up to do so. Gotta gain more control... raise taxes... deny the little guy the goods/services the wealthier can easily afford.

M

mugenbao

The governments don't have to make it work...
Corporations WILL!
:yeahthats

It's the corporations that own the technology you are using right this minute that will benefit from this, and who will have the power to control everything you can see on the internet. They already have this power, but it hasn't been legal for them to use it until now (there have been some interesting legal cases that have resulted from their having done so anyways in a few cases though).

M

mugenbao

I suspect you don't understand the nature of the problem well enough. There is no significant technical barrier at all, just a legal one, and the government wants to remove that legal barrier.

There are already "governments" that have done so, and the result is exactly as predicted: tiered access, limited choice, and full corporate control of content delivered.

Kalachakra

I am afraid of understanding but with Yandex and a russky VPN, it will not be possible anymore to shunt their bullshit like "today"or what ???

If somebody in the answer, thank you in advance !

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's already happening.

Stream a video online using a traditionally television based company.

Make a VOIP call using a telecommunications company.

VPN is a thin cloak.

China does a bang up job controlling the Internet. With the help of Google and other tech companies, of course.

Gry

Canadacanna, you may want to lookup an author by the name of James Bamford.
Glance through his wiki page, take a look at the descriptions of any thing he has published.
He has become an unofficial ambassador of sorts for the NSA.
If that does not do it for you, then I would suggest you read any of the many articles he has written for the likes of Wired, Popular Science, etc.

Actually, I would simply suggest you go grab a copy of his oldest work,"The Puzzle Palace".
You will find simple answers in abundance to your questions.

I'll do the research but again, how is the possible when it's so easy for my IP address to show I'm in any country I want (if you don't know how to do This, you really should get a vpn)

I access Facebook in China no problems when no one else could.

How can they dismantle it All? And I'm actually curious, don't see why someone said my post was stupid or I'm an idiot. I think anyone who believes the whole internet can be censored is an idiot. It's not like the internet is run by anyone single organization... It's run by the masses. There somehow gonna get every individual running relays and proxy servers locked up and ensure it doesn't happen again?

Canadacanna, you may want to lookup an author by the name of James Bamford.
Glance through his wiki page, take a look at the descriptions of any thing he has published.
He has become an unofficial ambassador of sorts for the NSA.
If that does not do it for you, then I would suggest you read any of the many articles he has written for the likes of Wired, Popular Science, etc.

Actually, I would simply suggest you go grab a copy of his oldest work,"The Puzzle Palace".
You will find simple answers in abundance to your questions.

So you mean the USA is trying to censor the internet, not that the whole internet is gonna be censored?

As yeah they could try and do that for sure. Glad I don't live in your fucked up country.

vta

Veteran
Net Neutrality is a scam...just another Obama admin scam to benefit his corporate buddies. Fuck Google !

Enforcing “net neutrality” does the exact opposite of what its proponents claim. It results in an internet where a handful of large corporations have access to peering agreements with large transit providers (what some people refer to as "the fast lane"), and the rest are subject to far fewer options in terms of services, and even upon growing and gaining market share, will be denied the opportunity to shop around for different ISP plans that suit them best.

read more.... https://www.dailywire.com/news/2400...ow-about-why-net-neutrality-harry-khachatrian

So you mean the USA is trying to censor the internet, not that the whole internet is gonna be censored?

As yeah they could try and do that for sure. Glad I don't live in your fucked up country.

:laughing:

Gry

One can pretend Ajit Pai is a fiction of their imagination.
Or that obama is responsible for donald's every woe.
You can click your heels together 3 times too, but I do not think it will help much.
Obama is gone . Now it is donald's 'buddies' that are on the job- as if it makes any difference what so ever.

If you care :
(202) 224-3121 Capitol switchboard.

Tell the nice person who answers what your zip code is and they will connect you to the appropriate office.
When you speak with them. simply tell them you are concerned about net neutrality, and you want Ajit Pai stopped.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a whiner Obama would have been to blame everything on the previous administration.

Try using a VPN as a Chinese national. You're likely to get pegged to a wall sooner or later. It is easier to track than Tor.

vta

Veteran
One can pretend Ajit Pai is a fiction of their imagination.
Or that obama is responsible for donald's every woe.
You can click your heels together 3 times too, but I do not think it will help much.
Obama is gone . Now it is donald's 'buddies' that are on the job- as if it makes any difference what so ever.

If you care :
(202) 224-3121 Capitol switchboard.

Tell the nice person who answers what your zip code is and they will connect you to the appropriate office.
When you speak with them. simply tell them you are concerned about net neutrality, and you want Ajit Pai stopped.

I'll pass. I don't want fascist corps like Google and facebook running things.

What a whiner Obama would have been to blame everything on the previous administration.

Sarcasm I hope.

Latest posts

Latest posts