What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite grow podcasts old or new

Gry

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Yea it takes a while if you are unfamiliar. Works on desktops I am not sure about phones. Search youtube-dl if you want to read the documentation. In windows you want command prompt, or cmd,exe. Right click start button -> Command Prompt as admin, or else search files for cmd.exe. You might have to read about ms-dos commands or unix commands if you aren't sure how to change folders/directories. This is an example: cmd.exe or equivalent

cd ..
cd ..
cd ..

cd Users/Home/Downloads/

Where the last line is your downloads folder from your web browser. Then you can run the earlier line. All of this can be combined into a script or file of some sort. But phones need to update or stop working for one reason or another sometimes. This is a lot slower initially but it can be useful. Some apps might be free but there is a barrier to writing phone apps because it requires approval from the one store. Unlocking is discouraged prohibited and all it means is you can use the device like a usb drive or mini laptop, neither of which I have been too interested in since the screens are so small.

I Definitely remember dos. It's been over 20 years but that is how computers came.

I really wish I could write code for Android. I would love to improve the app MyGrow. It needs a lot of improvements but it seems to be the best grow log out there.

Thanks for the info, I will look into this when I get some free time. I do not want to pay YouTube red or whatever they're calling it now.

beta

Veteran
Yea it takes a while if you are unfamiliar. Works on desktops I am not sure about phones. Search youtube-dl if you want to read the documentation. In windows you want command prompt, or cmd,exe. Right click start button -> Command Prompt as admin, or else search files for cmd.exe. You might have to read about ms-dos commands or unix commands if you aren't sure how to change folders/directories. This is an example: cmd.exe or equivalent

cd ..
cd ..
cd ..

cd Users/Home/Downloads/

Where the last line is your downloads folder from your web browser. Then you can run the earlier line. All of this can be combined into a script or file of some sort. But phones need to update or stop working for one reason or another sometimes. This is a lot slower initially but it can be useful. Some apps might be free but there is a barrier to writing phone apps because it requires approval from the one store. Unlocking is discouraged prohibited and all it means is you can use the device like a usb drive or mini laptop, neither of which I have been too interested in since the screens are so small.

It blows my mind when people are familiar with and comfortable in the command line, yet they use Windows. Bash on Linux is a million times more useful than Windows command line if you're into this sort of stuff.

For people who just want to turn a Youtube video into an mp3:

https://ytmp3.cc/

MintyMick

Besides YouTube, how is everyone listening to your podcasts?
I use CastBox. I like that I can download episodes to listen to later without signal.
The part that I don't like is episodes are not updated as frequently as YouTube.
Adam Dunn show and Heavy T's update very irregular.
Heavy T put an episode out on September 20th but didn't update again till November 20th when they added 5 episodes at once.
Adam Dunn is missing a bunch of episodes on CastBox.

I hate using my data for a video when I just want to listen to it anyway.

I use soundcloud to listen to audio podcasts. It has the potcast, Adam Dunn Show, etc. on it. I listen on my iphone while I do tedious shit, like trimming, and need some type of stimulation other than:

snip snip snip snip

I even “listen” to podcasts that have video, but don’t really watch it. How boring is it watching two people talking? Really boring. So i just queue it up, turn down the screen brightness, put in the ear buds, put the phone in my pocket and go about my day.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Kevin Jodrey. A great source of knowledge and market categories and trends in both black and white cannabis production.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I even “listen” to podcasts that have video, but don’t really watch it. How boring is it watching two people talking? Really boring. So i just queue it up, turn down the screen brightness, put in the ear buds, put the phone in my pocket and go about my day.

That's what I do as well. I just hate wasting my data on boring video I'm not watching.

beta

Veteran
That's what I do as well. I just hate wasting my data on boring video I'm not watching.

FYI if you subscribe to Youtube Red it allows you to listen to videos in the background with the screen off, it only downloads the audio to save bandwidth.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
FYI if you subscribe to Youtube Red it allows you to listen to videos in the background with the screen off, it only downloads the audio to save bandwidth.

Thanks beta, I knew that but I'm a cheap bastard!:biggrin:

MintyMick

I have my cell phone bundled with my internet/cable and if I’m connected to my wifi it doesn’t use cell data. Check your provider, they might not charge you if you have your streaming data coming straight over your wifi to your phone...and if they don’t then try looking into what Beta suggested which would be a good choice if you need portability (ex. if you work somewhere without wifi and still want to listen to podcasts).

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I have my cell phone bundled with my internet/cable and if I’m connected to my wifi it doesn’t use cell data. Check your provider, they might not charge you if you have your streaming data coming straight over your wifi to your phone...and if they don’t then try looking into what Beta suggested which would be a good choice if you need portability (ex. if you work somewhere without wifi and still want to listen to podcasts).

I guess everyone set up is different but I am allowed 13 gigs a month of wifi. Then speeds drop big time

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Update:
I'm liking Heavy T's Grow Show more and more. They have alot of grow knowledge between them about many different grow styles and techniques.

The Adam Dunn show has really been on the way down. I really miss Mitch Shenassa - he kept the show rolling and on point.

Anybody know what he's up to now days?

Dunn show used to have episode every week, but not so much now.

Dude Grows Show can't decide their schedule.
They were doing 10 shows a week. One grow and one "culture" every week day. Then they changed to one show a day 7 days a week with the only 2 grow shows airing on weekends. Then changed Again! Now there is days they don't air anything at all!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Been a few weeks and I'm loving heavy T's Grow Show more and more.
Listeners call in and ask questions and Heavy, Horti, Jerome, Dr. Duff, and a guest answer questions and really go into detail.
Dr. Duff is a character based on how NOT to grow. First few times I listened, I wasn't really paying attention fully and I missed that part. I can't really do two things at once.

Lots and lots of commercials, but if not listening live, then just fast forward.

beta

Veteran
The Adam Dunn show has really been on the way down. I really miss Mitch Shenassa - he kept the show rolling and on point.

The sound quality on ADS has always been HORRIBLE, it goes from indeciperphable whispering one second to "NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS" blowing out my speakers to the next. Everything you want to hear (like people talking) is too quiet and all the dumb sound effects are jacked to the max. All that's too bad because the show has had some really great guests and conversations otherwise.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
The sound quality on ADS has always been HORRIBLE, it goes from indeciperphable whispering one second to "NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS" blowing out my speakers to the next. Everything you want to hear (like people talking) is too quiet and all the dumb sound effects are jacked to the max.

That's for sure.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Listen to this single episode if it's the only podcast you ever listen to.

Listen to this single episode if it's the only podcast you ever listen to.

I have to say that today I listened to the single best episode of a podcast ever!

Tad really had great guest on KIS Organics cannabis cultivation and science podcast. And it was all science that we ALL NEED TO HEAR.

Great info on drying and curing, lights, humidity, lollipopping. Best science backed info we have specific to cannabis.

https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/cannabis-cultivation-and-science-podcast-episode-43

From KIS podcast description:
Dr. Allison Justice
Allison graduated from Clemson University with a Ph.D. in Plant and Environmental Science. During her time at Clemson, Allison taught greenhouse management to undergraduate students, where they focused on organic methods and production. Allison’s dissertation involved investigating the effects of a beneficial mycorrhizal type organism (Piriformospora india), where she learned that organic, sustainable growing can be easy, cost-effective, and produce aesthetically pleasing plants when done properly. Through research, Allison is elevating the standards of cannabis cultivation both indoors and in greenhouse settings. Allison also is a partner of a 40 acre hemp farm and large scale extraction facility in South Carolina.
Dr. Justice has been appointed to the California Industrial Hemp Advisory Board, through May of 2020. She was also named one of "40 Under 40 in Cannabis" by Marijuana Venture Magazine.

SuperBadGrower

^ Man I came looking for this thread to share this exact podcast. This contains the most powerful information to date. More useful than anything ever released by some of those clowns who never bothered to actually educate themselves about plants, or do proper testing, and have brought us so many hilarious and harmful myths.

If you are growing weed and you haven't heard this episode you are missing out.

A few more of these and the gig is UP for every nutrient maker!! They're done for.

White Beard

Appreciate this thread - I went thru the ‘casts available a while back, subscribed to a bunch...keep forgetting to listen to them.

Y’all have renewed my interest, gonna start cranking ‘em!