What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which Strain is Upbeat and Energetic, Without Paranoia?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi dubi,

I would like some advice on which of your strains is uplifting , energetic, happy, but non paranoia inducing.

I understand it is hard to tell as every smoker is different. But say for the average smoker, which strain is closest to this description ?

Thanks in advance! Also anyone with Ace experience feel free to share your experiences if you have found something like what I described.

:tiphat:

Dr.King

Veteran
Hi dubi,

I would like some advice on which of your strains is uplifting , energetic, happy, but non paranoia inducing.

I understand it is hard to tell as every smoker is different. But say for the average smoker, which strain is closest to this description ?

Thanks in advance! Also anyone with Ace experience feel free to share your experiences if you have found something like what I described.

I personally have grown over half of Ace's Sativas including 28 week phenos. The Green Haze was by far the most uplifting,energetic and no paranoia at all with limitless smoking ability. Smells of mature mango that's just wonderful, took 28 weeks to flower though. I have heard that a Thai leaning Zamaldelica or Golden Tiger has these great effects with a lot less flowering time, probably 12 weeks less. Hard finding one of these phenos. Would probably have to grow 5 or more to obtain one. Anything with Thai in it will have more uplifting effects because of the Meao Thai it contains. I am going to try out their Double Thai and Thai Stick for better quality effects. My all time favorite strain from Ace is their Oldtimer's Haze. It was by far the most potent, out of this world smoke I have found. Took 24 weeks to flower. However it's not your desired effects, it's crazy hazy :biggrin:.

Some people have had success with their Bangi Haze however I grew out 5 of them and none of which had any effects like I stated above. I was hoping as it is a very fast flowering plant so it would be nice. Maybe I needed to try a full 10 or 20 out but that's just to many to pick through atm. Even with a 2-3 month cure the desired effects just were not up to par with the others I've done. Dubi and the crew are working on a Fem Bangi Haze. I will give that a try as well once released. Hope this helps and goodluck.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey Lester B.

I would say start with Ace's staple; Nepal Jam, Tikal or Orient Express..

I've only got experience with Nepal Jam and for me it didn't have any paranoia at all. Nice and energetic and smoked some in the evening and couldn't sleep :)

The other two I've mentioned are both supposedly quite chilled for sativas with nice warm feelings being predominant..

Would love to hear what dubi has to say on the matter though...

The Green Haze was by far the most uplifting,energetic and no paranoia at all with limitless smoking ability. Smells of mature mango that's just wonderful, took 28 weeks to flower though.

Damn, 28 weeks? I got 10 on the way lol. I also got malawi, panama, golden tiger, and bangi haze coming with it. Plus 2 zamaldelica and 5 double thais vegging right now.

Mr. Roseberry

Dr.King

Veteran
Damn, 28 weeks? I got 10 on the way lol. I also got malawi, panama, golden tiger, and bangi haze coming with it. Plus 2 zamaldelica and 5 double thais vegging right now.

Mr. Roseberry

Very nice. You will really enjoy all of them strains. My favorite out of the bunch you stated was Panama but the Malawi I pulled was only at week 14. Next Malawi run will let her go 16 or 18 weeks because it caused chest tightness(just to me because I have anxiety already). Don't get me wrong Ace's Bangi Haze is still a very nice smoke just wasn't what I am personally looking for. About to try my Zamaldelica once she finishes. Let us know how them beauts turn out. Not to much info about others doing Double Thai. Glad to see others trying the longer flowering strains :tiphat:. Hope you enjoy all them buds :biggrin:.

Its all bout pheno selection...

Ace's strains you don't really need to pheno hunt through their top elite strains because they are so stable. That's what Dubi has been trying to do for so many years. I've ran multiple strains with multiple numbers of each strain and they all mainly turned out the same.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Ace's strains you don't really need to pheno hunt through their top elite strains because they are so stable. That's what Dubi has been trying to do for so many years. I've ran multiple strains with multiple numbers of each strain and they all mainly turned out the same.

and that's what a breeder is suppose to do... make em stable... I laugh every time I read of guys buying 2-3-4-5 packs to find that 'special' pheno... if u need multi packs, u are buying seeds from a pollen-chucker..

as they say... ace is the place...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I'm ordering some zamaldelica for that reason, heard good things. Ima spend just enough to get the tikal freebies too.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I just ordered some Nepal Jam, I like the idea of a shorter
flower cycle time.

I have a pheno of the Zamaldelica original release, finishes
around 14 weeks, smells like pineapples. Gets everyone high,
with some body, and a good euphoria that lingers long time.

Cured for a few weeks to bring out the goodness.

Keep us posted on what you decide to go with!

Good thread.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Trying to decide between nepal jam, orient express, nepal jam X orient express or panama x bangi haze for a motivational get up and work hard, stay focussed type high... wutxhall think?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Panama x bangi is what you need, trust me you'll love them.

Cheers

Panama is one of my all time favorites! How did the bangi change it? Id really like to try some nepalese too, heard great things about the high from that region, may go with both the f1 hybreds n see what comes out of um....

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dubi,

Hi Lester Beans,

Thought i replied this, at least in other similar threads. This has been a reiterative question in this room for years.

My recommendations would be Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Congo, Orient Express regular version, Purple Haze Malawi, Thai Chi, Tikal and Zamaldelica fem version.

Sorry for the late reply, hope still can help others with a similar quest.