What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weirdest Most Exotic Cannabis Strains?

Onewitnessus

Its spotted beebalm.

You guys are a real treat.

cheers
I agree that is what it probably is. (Except it is supposed to have hairy stems and leaves and this breed does not). It is also called "horsemint." Thank you.

It has a smell that is identical to cannabis (although you don't hear that mentioned at the web sites that describe it).

Aotf

Its a mint [Lamiaceae famly]

The the lower two petals are fused into a "tongue". Dead giveaway for a mint flower.

Square stems are another dead give away.

The horse nettle is also called a few other things or is closely related. One being the Hemp Nettle, so it is talked about, Mexican Hedge Nettle, Cooley's Hedge Nettle etc.... are other examples with similarly bad smells and pointy leaves.

Red Dead Nettles are a cosmopolitan weed and smell like hemp given the right soil. Very acrid smell at times too.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Hey Onewitnessus, I didn't mean to imply that you were literally trying to bullshit us, I just meant, like, "you gotta be bullshitting me if you think that's cannabis." So, no hard feelings, welcome to ICMAG, and someday we'll look back on this and laugh. puff puff pass:biggrin::tiphat:

canned abyss1

Veteran
Here you go webbed auto and purple

Spyderweb
picture.php

corky1968

Veteran
But its a still a medical plant.. ;)

she is rich in Tymol a great terpene...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarda_punctata

If you want Thymol. Just grow or buy thyme. They have
it in the spice section of food stores. I've used it in pasta.

Oil of thyme, the essential oil of common thyme (Thymus vulgaris), contains 20–54% thymol. Thyme essential
oil also contains a range of additional compounds, such as p-cymene, myrcene, borneol, and linalool.

Thyme

Onewitnessus

Its a mint [Lamiaceae famly]

The the lower two petals are fused into a "tongue". Dead giveaway for a mint flower.

Square stems are another dead give away.

The horse nettle is also called a few other things or is closely related. One being the Hemp Nettle, so it is talked about, Mexican Hedge Nettle, Cooley's Hedge Nettle etc.... are other examples with similarly bad smells and pointy leaves.

Red Dead Nettles are a cosmopolitan weed and smell like hemp given the right soil. Very acrid smell at times too.

But the stems aren't square, they are rounded.

P-NUT

Veteran
That is for sure beebalm i have shitloads of it growing in my pasture. Its everywhere in fl. Bees love it. Its got a stink to it but more of a stinky mint smell never noticed a cannabis smell from it. Never knew about the tymol content. Seems it would make a good botanical tea to spray my girls with.

hugo23

SWAG

SWAG

smoke was smooth, high is mediocre in most phenos but there is one pheno with an strong uplifting trippy high like a good pure sativa. I really recommend this one, ultimate stealth plant :biggrin:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Not actually a strain but something I made a few years ago, I called it the plant from outer space. To put it in perspective it was about 5 feet tall. The leaves were Huge, probably coming from the deep chunk and mexi in the mix. You could've thatched a roof with them.

Attachments

• Alien.jpg
    Alien.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 16

sadpanda

hugo23 lol thats really awesome!! genuinely unique, i always feel very privileged to see so thankyou for sharing :) it gave me an immediate impression though before i even had the chance to think about it of "helloooo look at me look at meee, im trying really hard to be a legit cannabis sativa!" in a cute way that made me laugh :)

sadpanda

i found this about the weird Australian strains
Hi all, I thought I would write this post to explain what Mongy Weed is and to hopfully clear up the confusion created by Bindi, Dizzy, ABC and Duckfoot etc.

Best to mention Wally Ducks "Duckfoot" strain first. It is not Mongy Weed. But it is a very interesting plant, another strange mutant marijuana. ABC, Dizzy, Bindi etc. on the other hand are all Mongy Weed.

The original genetics for Mongy Weed were from a mutated stand of wild hemp ( what I'd call hemp anyway ) found not far from Sydney, Australia. I would like to claim fame for this find, but although I did get to see the plants, It wasn't me that found them. The now elderly couple that did find them I would like to thank for teaching me the basics that got me started growing all plants and especially for recognizing and passing on this strange leaf mutation.

In its native state Mongy Weed is not very good for hemp or THC. It is a weed. The couple who found it began to cross these original Mongy Weed seeds with their own plants and were having some success until they were beaten by age, and new living circumstances saw an end to their love of growing cannabis. And as I had shown so much interest, this is when I was given their seeds and began to grow Mongy Weed for myself.

Most of their early crosses were with pure sativa and sativa dominant plants of unknown origin. As were mine. the first known strain I crossed with was Durban Poison. Mongy Weed was totally unknown as cannabis at this stage and i was able to grow it just about anywhere undetected which meant that I was able to introduce many different cannabis strains into the gene pool with relative ease. This mixed seed stock I called Mongy Madness.

Many of these seeds I started to give to friends ( which I thought was just about everyone back then ) so they could grow their own Mongy Madness and it wasn't that many years after this ( stupid me, it was obvious in hind sight ) I had people trying to sell me Mongy Madness as Bindi weed, and I am reading reports in the paper about new "mutant super weed" busts. I stopped giving away ANY seed after this and continued to grow my own strains in private.

Mongy Madness faded into past knowledge for most people as far as I knew and I had heard little more until recently when I got a computer and learned of the Mongy Madness seed that Marc Emery had taken back to Canada and named australian bastard cannabis or ABC.

Since then I know of a couple of people who have continued to grow Emery's Mongy seed. Another grower I have found who is also working with Mongy Madness seed, calls his strain Dizzy.

I have been growing Mongy Weed for well over 20yrs and don't intend to stop now. It is way too interesting a plant. I have friends who still grow Mongy Madness, and have met a few more people both in Australia and overseas since getting a computer who also do. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more people who have continued to grow Mongy Madness in private over the years as I literaly gave away buckets of seed to alot of different people.

Anyway I hope this has helped clear up a few of the mis-conceptions that surround this plant that I have always refered to as Mongy Weed and the couple that found it always called Cannabis Australis.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You may be right, but then again, this could be why it's gone undetected for so long with all the pot heads around. People like you see it and blow it off.

If you smelled it, you might change your mind.

That's no ordinary pot head!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
And oh, by the way, I don't give a rats **** if you believe me or not. I was just hoping someone might recognize this plant and give me a name for it (if it indeed is not what I think it is).

I've scoured the internet looking at the local wildflowers in my region, I can find NOTHING like this anywhere.

I guess I'm going to uproot one and take it to the local university.

As far as you accusing me of bull shitting, I have absolutely NO MOTIVATION to do that.

Did I mention I have VIDEO OF THIS?
Two years later, still waiting for that video.

ace malawi and cbg mangobiche are both listed as extremely rare on phylos

but i like to think any plant that has a unique terpene profile and unique high are also unique even if they have multiple relatives and aren't considered extremely rare on phylos

Latest posts

Latest posts