What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

wingdings

Veteran
picture.php

Here's a zamaldelica reg ready to flower. I Let her recover from being root bound and no auto tendencies going to take lots of clones she looks like a winner to me.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
imho this is what zamal should be bred or
zamal is an outdoor beast and should be selectioned on a lot of plants .
View Image

This picture looks so good. Terpene's images and description of the effects of the Thai leaning Zamaldelica pheno make me want these seeds in the worst way. I have been wanting to explore the effects of what Dubi describes as lysergic or expansive. I'm currently testing the dense Golden Tiger.

I've been waiting for another Zamal cross with Bangi Haze, Vietnamese Black x Meao Thai, or possibly Oaxacan79, but since Dubi has gone the pure Malawi route with the feminized version of Zamaldelica, I think I'd better pick up some seeds soon in case I lose my chance at the Thai leaning pheno of Zamaldelica.

Dubi - Are there any plans for an extreme clear or expansive version of an Zamal cross?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
This picture looks so good. Terpene's images and description of the effects of the Thai leaning Zamaldelica pheno make me want these seeds in the worst way. I have been wanting to explore the effects of what Dubi describes as lysergic or expansive. I'm currently testing the dense Golden Tiger.

I've been waiting for another Zamal cross with Bangi Haze, Vietnamese Black x Meao Thai, or possibly Oaxacan79, but since Dubi has gone the pure Malawi route with the feminized version of Zamaldelica, I think I'd better pick up some seeds soon in case I lose my chance at the Thai leaning pheno of Zamaldelica.

Dubi - Are there any plans for an extreme clear or expansive version of an Zamal cross?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

I'd love to see fem crosses of Zamal to Vietnam Black, Nepalese, and China yunnan

wingdings

Veteran
This is my Z1 one week into flower I hope she gets huge.

picture.php

picture.php

Ive got another 6 weeks in, just getting to bud formation and smells of sweet carrots, but I really like this girl's look.

wingdings

Veteran
Happy 4/20 Ace fans!:tiphat:
One Zamaldelica at 7 weeks and the other up front in the pic is around 3 weeks. Panama on the back right. The soil looks like it was too rich for the older ZDelica early on, but since then she has been transplanted into 10 gallons with the same soil plus extra alfalfa and kelp to keep her fed, so once flower gets going they turn into a beast of a different nature!

picture.php

wingdings

Veteran
Here's a few bud shots with about a month to go on the Z that went in first. Man Im excited to try this! Gonna be a crazy summer! She's already falling over from her bud weight, may be the best yield from a single plant for me yet, albeit the longest flowering also.
:rasta:

picture.php

picture.php

Leaf curl was early on, she has been smooth sailing in flower production.
picture.php

This is the one I kept 3 clones of. Thai influence? Ive never grown Thai so I dont know. Hoping for an effect like Terpene's zamal/thai pheno smoke report.
picture.php

Thanks to everyone at Ace, I really enjoy exploring your interesting lines. Not sure what to try next.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's a few bud shots with about a month to go on the Z that went in first. Man Im excited to try this! Gonna be a crazy summer! She's already falling over from her bud weight, may be the best yield from a single plant for me yet, albeit the longest flowering also.
:rasta:

Leaf curl was early on, she has been smooth sailing in flower production.

This is the one I kept 3 clones of. Thai influence? Ive never grown Thai so I dont know. Hoping for an effect like Terpene's zamal/thai pheno smoke report.

Thanks to everyone at Ace, I really enjoy exploring your interesting lines. Not sure what to try next.

Greetings wingdings :tiphat:

You are doing a good indoor job with your Zamaldelicas! The last one doesnt look very zamalish, i guess is more on the malawi/thai side. Let's see how she develops, thanks for sharing!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Greetings ThaiBliss,

The closest thing we have released to what you have in mind is Zamal/Thai and the Zamaldelica standard version: Zamal x Malawi/Thai.

Zamaldelica standard has a very high THC/very low CBD ratio, perfect cannabinoid profile (chemotype) to find the kind of effects you are looking for.

Here's a Zamaldelica standard GC analysis, it's just a sample that a grower gave us in February at Spannabis fair and we analyzed at Canna laboratory. It shows a remarkable 15.5 % THC / 0,03 % CBD.
This is the kind of chemotype you are looking for.

Attachments

• Zamaldelica A.jpg
    Zamaldelica A.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 27

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings ThaiBliss,

The closest thing we have released to what you have in mind is Zamal/Thai and the Zamaldelica standard version: Zamal x Malawi/Thai.

It shows a remarkable 15.5 % THC / 0,03 % CBD.
This is the kind of chemotype you are looking for.

Thank you very much Dubi.
:tiphat:

I have heard great things about both crosses. It seems anything below 0,1 is low, but 0,03 is extremely low CBD. Sounds spectacular!

I'm following Yoss33's grow with keen interest. Are you going to release the Zamal/Thai again?

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Only 15%?? lol

I know this sounds ridiculous but I am stunned that Zamaldelica isn't stronger. There has to be a high level of THCV or something as all of the Zamaldelica I ran were not for the faint of heart. Hell, I had to "block out" a section of the day every time I planned to smoke it.

Dubi, do you have sample info for all of your lines?

wingdings

Veteran
Good question Terpene, Ive heard Malawi has a pretty interesting profile. I wonder about the 15% from Z also.

This Zamaldelica is a little over 7 weeks into flower. Yield looks like it will be good. Her sister in the background is pushing out a lot of new flowers at 11 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wingdings

Veteran
Thanks Randy, they will get as long as they need. I was thinking 15 or 16 weeks now that Im at this point, not too far away. Definitely 10 gallon smart pots instead of 7 is the way to go with these.

Good point Husky Jackal. Im getting a creamy pink starburst terpene profile from the older Zamaldelica.

Thanks G! These are under a 600 with some blue spectrum light. Ushio bulb. I think it works nice with Sativas.

yoss33

Veteran
Reading of "creamy pink starburst",
Yesterday I rubbed the stem of my outdoor Zamaldelica plant (we are still in the beginning of the season) and it smelled like pink bubblegum, bringing childhood memories of when I last smelled that flavor. Can't wait to see how the buds smell and taste :)

wingdings

Veteran
Amber trichomes were becoming more and more apparent all over the plant and Im looking for a kick, so I felt she was ready at 13 weeks. :dance013: The creamy pink starbust smell has mellowed into something else, can't pinpoint it yet, but carrots came to mind.
picture.php

The Hatter

Veteran
Only 15%?? lol

I know this sounds ridiculous but I am stunned that Zamaldelica isn't stronger. There has to be a high level of THCV or something as all of the Zamaldelica I ran were not for the faint of heart. Hell, I had to "block out" a section of the day every time I planned to smoke it.

Dubi, do you have sample info for all of your lines?

Lab results, even for the same exact sample, will come back with different results depending on the which lab is doing the work and how they went about testing it. If you look at how these labs are testing samples there really is no standard by which they all do their tests.

The other thing to remember is that the THC % that a lab result gives you does not describe what percentage of the bud is actually THC. People assume that this what the number means but it simple isn't true. There is no bud on earth that is 20% THC by mass. The percentage they give you reflects the percentage of THC in relation to the other cannabanoids and compounds found in the trichomes and resin only. In other words they are only testing the contents of the resin in a sample rather than how much resin is present. Another thing to consider is that those other cannabaniods that are present in the resin and not mentioned in the results are often psychoactive such as THCV.

The number that is much more meaningful and the one which is rarely given by a lab is the percentage of THC in a sample compared to its total mass. This number is always much lower, usually around 5% to 10% for good medical grade, but it is this number that will tell you how strong the bud really is.

Long story made short, standard lab results which do not give you this second number really don't tell you much about the strength of the cannabis. Even if your cannabis has a very high % of THC in its resin it won't be very potent if there isn't much of this resin present in the buds. On the other hand, if you have a sample with a medium % of THC in its resin but which is absolutely covered in it, you will find that it is much stronger than the first sample which looks much better on the one dimensional lab results.

I should add that even when a lab tests for the % of THC present in the sample compared to the total mass, there are so many variables that its still not particularly accurate. For instance you can skew the results simply by cutting out only the most trich rich parts of the bud and adding them to the sample to make it test better or you could just grab the bare tips of some sugar leaves with few trichs and it will skew the results in the other direction.

You really can't learn much from typical lab results except for the type of effects you can expect. High THC% and or THCV% with low CBD% means the bud will have a more sativa like effect. High CBN% will make it more sleepy and sedating as will high CBD%. In the end nothing beats a nice well written and thought out smoke report by another person.

Last edited:

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Amber trichomes were becoming more and more apparent all over the plant and Im looking for a kick, so I felt she was ready at 13 weeks. The creamy pink starbust smell has mellowed into something else, can't pinpoint it yet, but carrots came to mind.
View Image

Carrots are spot on and the creamy pink starburst smell is probably the mangoish hint that it tends to have. Your picture looks like its a more african-ish pheno. Good job!

Lab results, even for the same exact sample, will come back with different results depending on the which lab is doing the work and how they went about testing it. If you look at how these labs are testing samples there really is no standard by which they all do their tests.

The other thing to remember is that the THC % that a lab result gives you does not describe what percentage of the bud is actually THC. People assume that this what the number means but it simple isn't true. There is no bud on earth that is 20% THC by mass. The percentage they give you reflects the percentage of THC in relation to the other cannabanoids and compounds found in the trichomes and resin only. In other words they are only testing the contents of the resin in a sample rather than how much resin is present. Another thing to consider is that those other cannabaniods that are present in the resin and not mentioned in the results are often psychoactive such as THCV.

The number that is much more meaningful and the one which is rarely given by a lab is the percentage of THC in a sample compared to its total mass. This number is always much lower, usually around 5% to 10% for good medical grade, but it is this number that will tell you how strong the bud really is.

Long story made short, standard lab results which do not give you this second number really don't tell you much about the strength of the cannabis. Even if your cannabis has a very high % of THC in its resin it won't be very potent if there isn't much of this resin present in the buds. On the other hand, if you have a sample with a medium % of THC in its resin but which is absolutely covered in it, you will find that it is much stronger than the first sample which looks much better on the one dimensional lab results.

I should add that even when a lab tests for the % of THC present in the sample compared to the total mass, there are so many variables that its still not particularly accurate. For instance you can skew the results simply by cutting out only the most trich rich parts of the bud and adding them to the sample to make it test better or you could just grab the bare tips of some sugar leaves with few trichs and it will skew the results in the other direction.

You really can't learn much from typical lab results except for the type of effects you can expect. High THC% and or THCV% with low CBD% means the bud will have a more sativa like effect. High CBN% will make it more sleepy and sedating as will high CBD%. In the end nothing beats a nice well written and thought out smoke report by another person.

This is all news to me. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to explain. I was under the impression it was by mass, but as you pointed out - I obviously did not put a lot of thought into it.

Latest posts

Latest posts