What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Cannabis - patient is 7 year old Boxer Dog

crash666

So yesterday I took my German Shepherd to our other local vet. He also said to go ahead and treat him with the cannabis oil or other canna products. He said the worst he's seen happen to a dog from cannabis was a long nap and some dizzyness. He wanted me to document the whole process as well and requested copies of any documentation or notes when the treatment is complete. I started with a home made vegetable glycerine tincture last night. It's made from buds and shake of the Vortex and Sun Maiden strains. I administered 3 drops on his tongue last night at 6:00 PM. There was no noticable intoxication or any other side effects for that matter. He did seem to maybe sleep a touch better than previous nights. This morning at 6:30 AM I administered another 4 drops of the same tincture orally. He's laying comfortably next to me as I'm typing this :)

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Have you tried ingesting a drop or two yourself to test the potency?
Potency can vary quite a bit between batches of oil.

I test each batch on myself before setting the dosage for a patient.
Depending on personal sensitivity, it's milligrams per kilogram.
So, find your limits, then adjust for the weight difference.
If you can tolerate 12 drops, the pup can do 4 etc.

You can also test RSO from any source by applying it to skin growths.

Got any skin tags, warts, moles, melanomas?
Smear a drop of oil on them and a bandaid to contain any stain.

Melanomas, and skin tags shrink rapidly, (days). Moles n warts take longer, (weeks).
And some growths are so close to normal skin that the oil ignores them.

Don't go nuts and remove every abnormality at once like I did.
Keep some in reserve to test the next batch, yah?
Now I have to pester the wife and my friends for testing.

Since mere humans are less than objective, I suggest that you take photos of the skin tests for your own comparisons.
Take them with the same camera, from the same distance and angle and use say, a dime, in the photo for sizing the photos.

Took me from "Geeze I hope this stuff works."
To "Holy crap! I've had those blemishes for 50 years and poof!"
Can not even find a scar. Just gone!
Might want to show those pics to your vet as well .

Heck! post 'em here.
There is nothing more comforting to a cancer patient that actually seeing your medication make visible progress against abnormal growths. :dance013:

Aloha, and be well.

Weezard

TheCleanGame

Veteran
All this being said, I'm looking for any advice or suggestions from anyone who's treated a dog or cat for cancer with cannabis oil. I'm planning on starting with 1/16 gram of oil twice daily with his food as I don't want him extremely high.

Oil from high CBD strains of cannabis will allow you to medicate the dog without getting them high... even with extreme dosages.

Harlequin is 8% CBD and only 6% THC and is floating all over Colorado at the moment.

I'm so glad to see these high CBD strains becoming more available.

Keep it Clean! :D

crash666

Thanks for all the info, greatly appreciated! I use edibles made with hash regularly and smoke or vape daily, so I've been testing the tincture on my wife, whom rarely (once a year maybe) uses cannabis. She wieghs 115 LBS and hasn't felt anything but some light dizzyness with an 8 drop dose. I'll hit her with a slightly larger dose this weekend and see what happens before I up the dog's dose anymore. I typically take it by the teaspoon and feel nothing lol. I do live in Colorado, so if I make it to Denver anytime soon I'll have some of the tincture tested at one of the 3 labs currently offering cannabis testing. I've got several batches made with multiple strains, some cold and some heated. I'd love to have them all lab tested just out of curiousity.

My Dad is nearing 70 and has numerous random things growing on his skin in various places. He won't ingest cannabis, but he loves the topical salve I make so I'm sure he'd try out the oil on his skin. I'm going to hit him up later tonight about that one. Thanks so much for the idea!

I'm going to start a thread shortly, either here or at one of the other forums I frequent. I was planning on putting all my documentation and photos on the thread once I get it going.

Speaking of high CBD, I just popped two 303 Seeds "Ambulance" a couple days ago. Looks like the Z7 leaning phenos are high in CBD.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
You do know that "Hemp Oil" is not RSO, right?

Hemp oil is squeezed from hemp seed and is available from any health food store.
There is 0 THC in it and I have my doubts about the "CBD" claim.

The reason I say this is I checked your link and it has the smell of snake oil all over it.

I am not a doctor, or a veterinarian, I'm just some guy on the web, so can not legally give medical advice.
But, if that were my dog, I'd beg, buy, or borrow some real Cannabis oil for it asap.

Aloha, and hope,

Weezard

CoyoteCBD

Thanks Weezard! We've been giving her about 1/3 of a cheeba chew everyday since she was diagnosed. It sure does keep her happy and playful and makes her forget about the sickness. What more can you ask for in a terminally ill dog! Not really sure about the content of CBD?? Just looking to extend her life a little and keep my wife happy!

mack 10

Veteran
My dog has got a mass cell tumour on his hind leg. The vet said it is growing into the tendon/muscle and was beyond his operating skills.
Also recently I made some RSO for a friend (human kind :mad:))
So i'm planning on treating the dog too.
Ok first off I love my dog and i'm not trying to get the dog high. This is all about the medical effect (I hope) so i'm making another batch of RSO.
One thing that worrys me is the dosage? (the Boxer dog is about 6 stone in weight)
I had enough problems with my(human) patient. He had never smoked cannabis and a matchhead size dab of oil was battering him. We are at around 3 weeks in now and still only at maybe half a gram per day.
The dogs lump/tumour is about 1" long in a sort of oval shape and is right in the middle of his hind leg. Do you think a topical application would work better or use both?
Iwill take pics of the tumour and progress.
Peace.

Whats the best temps to purge off the alcohol without overheating?
Will be using 99.9 iso. for the extraction.

Cannavore

Veteran
I feed my chihuahua fan leaves and butter made from larf and trim all the time. He's got a tumor on his thyroid and it makes him constantly hungry and a bit disoriented.

The leaves aren't psychoactive, they get shredded and mixed with his meals. Noticeable effects from just one fan leaf per day in his food. His drive to eat 24/7 gets suppressed and it acts as an antiinflammatory for the fatty tissue on his chest as well as the thyroid problems.

The butter I use to manage his pain and mood. I chip off a tiny pebble piece of butter, he eats it straight up or mixed into a spoonful of sweet potato. It puts him in a good mood, chilled out not up our asses while we walk around the house -- then he takes a nap. When he wakes up and is coming down off it he gets so happy that he gallops around the house.

I do advise caution giving psychoactive doses to small dogs like chihuahuas. Ive gotten my pooch so fucked up on accident I truly felt bad. He wasnt able to stand up, walk, stay awake, and even see. The butter was messing with his peripherals so every thing that passed in front of his field of vision made his head jerk back like he thought the object was going hit him.

But yeah it definitely helps. And I notice it more now that I have none to give him.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
My dog has got a mass cell tumour on his hind leg. The vet said it is growing into the tendon/muscle and was beyond his operating skills.

Amputation was not an option?
That tells me it's probably not malignant.

Whats the best temps to purge off the alcohol without overheating?
Will be using 99.9 iso. for the extraction.

Boiling Point:
82.5°C (180.5°F)

I use 95 C. and a fan.

For other useful information, I suggest that you google "Isopropyl alcohol MSDS."
Remember, no flame required once you hit the "flash point temperature of 399 C..
Always look up everything when it's this important, yah?

Aloha,
Weeze

crash666

I started treating my German Shepherd on November 28th with a cannabis oil I made from top shelf nugs using ethanol as a solvent and the rice cooker method. He started with a tiny dab of oil on elk/deer jerky twice daily. He's now up to 1/8 gram of oil twice daily with little to no noticeable intoxication or unwanted side effects. He eats like a horse, chases my other dogs around and wrestles with them and acts like a total freak just like always. When I've increased his dosages, he seems a little tired for a day or two, then back to normal. There's a small new growth in his mouth, but it hasn't grown since I noticed it several weeks ago. The first growth he had, before the oil treatments, quadrupled in size in less than a week. He's acting happier and healthier, so he'll continue getting his oil twice a day.
He did eat a blueberry muffin off of my kitchen counter yesterday. He hasn't touched anything on my counter in the 8 years I've had him. My wife and I think he had the munchies lol :)

mack 10

Veteran
^Good luck crash. v
I was thinking of adding a high CBD component to my oil. @25%.
So 75% my oil, 25% CBD.
Anyone got any ways of getting large amounts of CBD, easily?
I heard of some Canandians that after vapeing their herb, THC was gone(vaped off) and all the CBD is left behind in the duff, which they turned to butter then CBD fudge.
Does this sound about right?

What we need is a simple way to test our samples to detimine thc,cbd levels.
Mack.

crash666

There's some do it yourself test kits available. I don't think they're extremely accurate, but may give you some idea. Here's the first site I found:

http://www.thctestkits.com/index.html

Lab testing here in CO is fairly pricey and then there's the whole arguement about liquid vs gas chromatography for cannabis testing. I'd love to see the lab testing aspect standardized for consistancy, or better yet a do it yourself method that's accurate and consistent.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just found out one of my cats has lung cancer. I'm going to get her started with Harlequin oil as soon as we get home from the vet. The vet thinks it probably isn't treatable at this stage, but she hadn't heard about the cancer fighting effects of CBD and THC. I think it's worth a shot.

mack 10

Veteran
Update; So the treatment seem's to be working. The tumour has not grown and seems to be in stasis? It looks smaller to the eye. I think the strain we used for the oil needs more CBD, From my limited knowledge and testing, it seems that the THC stops the tumours from growing and the CBD that actually makes them smaller. ??
Unfortunatly we have run out of meds and it will be 4 weeks to get more...this really sucks as it takes time to build up imunity to the oil so you can dose enough to attack the tumour.
I hope the tumour does not start to grow again while we wait for more meds...

While reading through some patents I saw one for making a topical, from water extracted hash, and v.glycerin. This can rubbed onto the skin to soak into the many cb receptors, the only problem with a dog is he would prob lick it off?

Anyway i'm going or a 2 pronged attack of edible rso and a topical, I just need to find a strain with more cbd than thc, maybe 2 .1 or higher % ?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
THC and CBD have both been shown to cure late stage cancer in animal studies. It doesn't always cure it, but it always helps to some degree. The big advantage with CBD is that you can use large doses faster without the symptoms of a THC "overdose". THC won't hurt you, but it's scary and unpleasant when you have too much.

I just got my cat started with a tiny dose (one drop) of Harlequin tincture. This cut is supposed to have about a 1/1 ratio of CBD to THC. I'll see how she does with this dose and increase it as she builds up a tolerance.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Knew a guy who was drinking Esiac (sp?), Tea for an internal problem. His dog started growing a tumor so he took the herbs leftover from making tea and made poultice from them. He also saturated the poultice with tea and bound it to the tumor site for about an hour a day. He tried for longer but the dog didn't cooperate.

Said after a month or so the tumor shrank and disappeared.

Keep the tea cold and in the dark till use.

crash666

It's great to see others having good results treating animals with oil. As for my German Shepherd, he's still doing great. He still gets his oil twice daily. The growth in his mouth isn't growing, but isn't shrinking either. He seems happy and healthy as always.

mack 10

Veteran
yo crash, I think its strain related, ie, thc -cbd, amongst other things cannabinoid.
Maybe add some cbd heavy hemp oil to your oil at 25%?

Latest posts

Latest posts