What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

As of today what is the absolute MOST POTENT cannabis strain available?

tempes~tos

LOL.. i think the 1 big hit will get you a lot higher for a short peak... then wear off faster. the 5 hits might not peak as high but it will last longer... that my guess but im interested to see the result of your experiment :rasta:

G

i dont know.... just playin.. havent tried enough different kinds to be a scholar on strains....YET=)

G

joeshmoe man you have some beautiful plants every time i check them out i just strive to get my buds as nice as yours .one day

G

If I smoke a big bag full of oil through the volcano as quick as I can I get a really good hit and actually stay high for quite a while. If I just puff away slowly even though I finish the same bag I am nowhere near as high and it doesnt last as long either. I just love big hits, well as big as I can handle b4 I goto cough.

Tripco

I remember some fact from a few years ago, that Indiana State Police seized a specimen of Warlock (Magus Genetics) containing 29% THC. It was, like, in 2005 or 04, not sure.
I see a lot of talking about THC pecentage. Well, like somebody on OG once wisely noticed, THC percent is just a number, and we cann't smoke the numbers, the resin is all that matters. One of my best and most potent smokes was the Durban Poison in mid 90's grown outdoors in South Serbia. I think, they list this strain only at 8% THC, right? I smoked many of modern hybrids and a few landraces afterwards, but only 2 strains were more potent than this one: NL #2 grown indoors in Austria and some Mexican landrace (my guess Guerrero) grown outdoors in Serbia. Dosen't sounds like a winner strains? So be it.
You know a potent smoke when it puts you outta of your body and launch you into outher space and it keeps you there for, hm ... ages. Everything else is of lesser importance.

Soft Smoke

I think this is all a moot debate. All the experienced growers here know that there a re literally hundreds of variables that come into play to create potency. there are all the genetic drift variables that account for the innumerable phenotypes in each strain that may have that one "golden BB" that comes out like a bazooka in a knife fight. There are all the grow related variables like light intensity, light spectrum, temps at canopy, temps a base level, medium temps, root temps, humidity during veg, humidity during bloom, humidity in photoperiod, humidity during night cycle. The list is endless.

Then you get into when you harvest. How many trichs are clear, white, gold, brown? Did you cut at night, morning, afternoon. How did you dry? How did you cure?

I am willing to put big cash on the table by betting that those of you who have been around have had a bit of something special at least once that was a complete surprise. I grow a lot of Cali-O and that's not a strain known for knocking you on your ass by any means. I just love the smell and taste of it! I have to lay off it once and a while so I stop getting desesitized to it, in fact. Once though, I grew out a little bush and she was just average looking, but..POW! she floored me with powerful couchlock. I felt like a quadriplegic..I couldn't move ...

I know someone will respond with.."well, that may be true, but i want to know what strain in general is universally the most potent..." Noone that I've ever heard of is measuring every hybrid and strain that's out there. Certainly no one is advertising such information.

Bottom line, you want the good shit...grow some good shit!

Happy Holidays to all my friends and forum buddies out there. Be safe and stoned for Christmas...like me!

SS

T

THCV

sure, growing conditions change the final product a lot. But, as they say, garbage-in-garbage-out; it's ALL about genetic potential. Good grow with weak strain will taste good but be less potent than a mediocre outdoor grow with a true killer strain. Until i got my hands on the best genetics, my system couldnt put out the most potent buds. Once i got OG Kush, i was able to really see how potent i can make weed. Buds that broke off at 6 weeks got me destroyed.

I would say that OG Kush is my most potent that I've grown. And it literally defines the top of the market in LA. Haters will call it hype, but the market responds to demand, and most of the time, the strongest strain if you ask at a dispensary is OG. Med patients need potency, and OG delivers. It's usually the most expensive too, and it's pricey cuz it is a bitch to grow too, shit yield, along with being the most sought after for potency and effect. Not saying there isn't hype and that people don't grow bad OG; it's just the most reliably potent strain in the dispensaries in socal. Bubba, Scrom and TW are up there too, but not quite as strong.

From seed, the strongest i ever had was Warlock. Got some buds that made people get lost at a party after 1 hit. If i ever order seeds, Warlock is top of my list.

my 02

thcv

ogk
9851100_13861.jpg

9851IMG_3032.jpg

Last edited:
G

OG Kush / The real Old Chemdawg Cut /

The buzz is just of a different variety. I grow all sorts of gourmet clone-only, and special mothers, and - as much as I hate to admit it ( and I do wish it were noit true, because it is the hardest to grow, far and away than anything else - from clone to jar ) it just kills anything else.

I am not referring to any OG that is not OG... lol

Or any Chemdawg that is not the real McCoy Tyner......

I get ripped from the Bubba clones, the C99 offshoot, the Cheese, the lovely Purple Erkle of the wayback, and all the rest - but the OG / Chemdawg is a totally narcotic high.

Most peeps say after "it" getting under their skin, nothing else works as well.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I don't really feel the need to elect a most potent strain, and as said, potency can be hard to define in terms of cannabinoid ratios and individual perception.

But if you're looking for record THC ratios, Dr. Paul Hornby tested a Northern Lights at 36.8% THC, which gives meaning to the saying "oldie is goldie":

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/4552.html

G

Being 1 hit and your toast, lots of well grown pot can do this. I always have more than 1 hit though. if I paid for my smoke I wouldn't be so consistently stoned. Free pot is the most potent.

:yeahthats

And I always figure that even if you don't have og kush or chemdog, you can make up for it by having a greater quantity of less elite pot. Which would you rather have: two ounces of ogk or cd or a pound of something else really good?
Ok, I'm preparing myself for all the kush/chem lovers to flame me, telling me that the og is better than heroin and cd is more potent than crack. I'm not saying you're stuff isn't the best of the best and isn't just hype, but at some point you'd have to agree that having a large amount of really good weed isn't a bad alternative to having a much smaller amount of og/cd...

teddynugent

I just wanted to add that I'd have to say that the most potent, or at least the stuff that always just knocks me on my ass every time I smoke it; and is also probably the most readily available/easy to come across (depending on where you live I guess) would have to be:

Hash oil/resin oil (or whatever else you want to call it) always completely knocks me on my ass. It's usually like $90 a vial (at the clubs in cali. anyway) but, damn when I treat myself to a vial of the top quality stuff I have not regret it yet.
A few drops of that shit on whatever your smoking and it puts me in a daze or glues me to the couch for a good while.

It not actually a strain, but it's made from a strain/strains obviously. And that can play a part in its quality obviously. So, I always just ask for the best, most stony-est oil they have.
The very best stuff I get is from a friend who makes his oil using some good heavy, very resin-coated Indica strain(s).

I dont know if anyone mentioned oil yet, or if it really even counts or applies to this discussion. But I just wanted to add that to the list.

-Teddy

G

The winner is.......? 22% is .22 times the total. I am glad I went to private school. Is not knowing arithmetic typical? I have led a sheltered life and take percentages for what they are. I know this and I am stoned 24/7.I have had the honey oil from A-DAM 1 hit is 1 hit. Who takes 1/2 hit?