What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You have the right to remain silent

nut said:
if you have an house full off weed tell them you have no fixed abode and you live rough tell them anything just dont give your address for f***'s sake LOL

That is a briliant excuse as to why i still havent changed my id 3 years after leaving that address. been through 3-4 places of residence but since ive gotten rid of the car and all that can id me is my id and ss card, ill have to remember the homeless excuse

my girlfriends sister is married to a cop. i talk to him every chance i get at family funtions. he tells me that about 90% of grow busts are from someone ratting someone out. usually an ex. he also said nearly all of his informants are tweakers. he will give them the old " give me 3 names" routine. stay away from tweakers. some of them actually get paid for this shit. he also said it is very easy to get girls to roll. all he has to do is threaten them with prison time. then they start crying and spill the beans. he said that if they actually had shit, they dont need them. barry cooper has a dvd out called "never get busted" and " never get raided". he is an ex-narco cop with a wealth of great info. he even covers the old knock and talk/tap and rap. one new trick they use in knock and talks is dressing in plain clothes because people are getting smarter on how to handle this. never open the door for a cop or someone you dont know.

1)if you see a cop or someone you dont know knocking on your door, lock the door first thing.

2) talk to them through your window. (it better be closed). tell them you dont talk to cops.

3) tell them, if you want to talk to me, have your dispatcher call my cell phone or we can talk through the window like this.

4) this is the funniest. show them your hands and say, here are my hands, if you have a warrent, kick in the door.

they wouldnt have a warrant if they are knocking. it will take some time to get one. at least 45 min to an hour. this is when you take down all your shit. if you have a wood chipper, now is the time to use it.

hope this helps :rasta:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back in the day cops where differant. When I was young and we would get cought drinking or smokin some 70's Dank they would make us pour out the beer or what ever we where drinking. If we had some weed they would make us grind it in the ground. We knew there names and they knew ours. It's to bad it's not like that anymore.

Weedninja

rightwingblazer said:
my girlfriends sister is married to a cop. i talk to him every chance i get at family funtions. he tells me that about 90% of grow busts are from someone ratting someone out. usually an ex. he also said nearly all of his informants are tweakers. he will give them the old " give me 3 names" routine. stay away from tweakers. some of them actually get paid for this shit. he also said it is very easy to get girls to roll. all he has to do is threaten them with prison time. then they start crying and spill the beans. he said that if they actually had shit, they dont need them. barry cooper has a dvd out called "never get busted" and " never get raided". he is an ex-narco cop with a wealth of great info. he even covers the old knock and talk/tap and rap. one new trick they use in knock and talks is dressing in plain clothes because people are getting smarter on how to handle this. never open the door for a cop or someone you dont know.

1)if you see a cop or someone you dont know knocking on your door, lock the door first thing.

2) talk to them through your window. (it better be closed). tell them you dont talk to cops.

3) tell them, if you want to talk to me, have your dispatcher call my cell phone or we can talk through the window like this.

4) this is the funniest. show them your hands and say, here are my hands, if you have a warrent, kick in the door.

they wouldnt have a warrant if they are knocking. it will take some time to get one. at least 45 min to an hour. this is when you take down all your shit. if you have a wood chipper, now is the time to use it.

hope this helps :rasta:
5) tell them you have diarrhea and your house stinks, so you're far too embarrassed to let them in.

6) Tell them your hamster has whooping cough and you're under quarantine.

7) Let them search your place and then enjoy your free meals, healthcare, and rent-free place to stay.

you dont need a reason to not open the door. you dont have to unless they have a warrant. even then let them kick it in. never open without a warrant. not even a window.

Weedninja

I haven't been posting too long on message boards, but I am finally learning to make sure to be crystal clear with my posts, or else someone will come and post something that makes my last post look idiotic. :)

The point I was trying to make in my last post is that IMHO, its better to joke around a little with cops, so that they know that its nothing personal. I have friends who have made enemies out of cops and it sucks.

Agent 47

So wait let me get this right. If a cop pulls up to me randomly and pulls up beside me, I don't have to roll my window down and talk to them or anything?

I'm not talking about like if they pull me over or if they already have probable cause or reasonable suspicion. I'm saying I'm just sitting in my car in a parking spot in a public parking lot. And they just pull up, can I just sit in my car and basically ignore them?

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

Agent 47 said:
So wait let me get this right. If a cop pulls up to me randomly and pulls up beside me, I don't have to roll my window down and talk to them or anything?

I'm not talking about like if they pull me over or if they already have probable cause or reasonable suspicion. I'm saying I'm just sitting in my car in a parking spot in a public parking lot. And they just pull up, can I just sit in my car and basically ignore them?

I dont know about that. Your home offers you much more privacy legally.

I know in Florida the court acknowledges there are different levels of detention/interaction by LEO. I believe there are 3 levels. The purpose of this is to know if LEO is illegally questioning and detaining, and if the citizen has the right to leave. This comes into play if the citizen rats on himself. If they are being held, they may have to be mirandized

The very minimal level of interaction only requires you give your name, maybe address, and you are free to leave. The key is to ask if you are free to leave or if you are being detained.

Agent 47

So a good thing to do in most situations is to state your name, maybe your address if he asks for it, and ask "Am I free to go, and am I being detained"?

Weedninja

Legally speaking, states consider operating a motor vehicle to be a privelege, not a right(google "implied consent"). But you still are protected against unlawful searches.
Give the cop your license, insurance info. and registration. Once it is clear that you are beyond a normal traffic stop, state clearly and loudly enough that the cop car's camera can pick it up: " I do not consent to any warrantless searches of my vehicle or myself".

M

moses224

JJ As always starting a very informative thread for me it was more how it stimulated my thoughts if I where in that situation. Threads like these are good for the head and really make you think out the box. thankz

If you guys ever watch the TV show Cops then you will see case after case of the police pulling "tricks" for getting you to do what they want & people burying themselves with there mouths.

The show makes me hate the law..

Y

yamaha_1fan

Tactical Farmer said:
If you guys ever watch the TV show Cops then you will see case after case of the police pulling "tricks" for getting you to do what they want & people burying themselves with there mouths.

The show makes me hate the law..

If that show makes you hate the law, wait until some crooked ass cop lies his ass off to get a warrant or another pissed off cop tasers you for no reason

wishbone420

i love cops and all shows like it. they are good for getting to know the way they operate. its good to arm yourself with as much info as you can. knowledge is power.

Weedninja

While we're talking Cops............ I was watching it a couple months ago and they pulled over this dude that obviously had his bake on. The dumbass consented to a vehicle search and the pig found a sack of weed. Then the cop asked the dude why he consented to a search if he knew he had shit..........and he answered! Talk about stupid, he waived his rights and then pretty much confessed to owning the weed.

There was another show called "American Detective", I think. It was sort of a spinoff of Cops and it showed almost the entire investigation. They used to bust grow ops and it was a great learning tool. I'd love to find it on DVD.

Latest posts

Latest posts