What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Twisting leaves?

Doc greenbud

What causes leaves to twist like this? CFL lights, organic in soil, pH just under 7.

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_141800760.jpg
    IMG_20201025_141800760.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20201025_141833493.jpg
    IMG_20201025_141833493.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 28

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What causes leaves to twist like this? CFL lights, organic in soil, pH just under 7.

Could be mites so worth checking under microscope but to be honest i have the same twisted leaves for a few grows now with no mites at all anywhere checked several times for eggs and mites still zero, so maybes genetics hopefully someone else with more knowledge will chime in good luck :good:

T

Teddybrae

They are just growing like fuck! Much more than god ever designed them to grow.

DunHav`nFun

GG4 `s notorious for that exact same leaf curl even when completely healthy with all parameters covered as you`ve already stated.....It`s parentage comes from Chem and Diesel genes and they also display the same tendencies through the life of their grows , but.....

As a rule.....in all strains not associated with this genetic profile I`ve run with said same curl it`s been low PH associated , and the only way to really know for sure is to get a good soil ph meter /not the cheap wally world models , and insert probe into core of the rootmass for a "true" reading of what`s actually going on with said plant.....so....

Don`t freak out Doc , especially if the plant`s doing well and what it`s supposed to , but if it slows down and the curl get`s more pronounced as stated above , scope for rootborn critters like mites and aphids and then "core ph" .....anyways....I`m fairly sure you`ll be fine , so good luck and hope that helps.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.......

RockinRobot

Consistent airflow can also cause this. I have a few spots in my room that get a steady stream of air from the outlet of my carbon filter fan.(Sealed room and carbon filter just recircs room air to keep smell down) The constant and unchanging airflow causes those couple areas to transpire much more and causes twisting like that.

Doc greenbud

Consistent airflow can also cause this. I have a few spots in my room that get a steady stream of air from the outlet of my carbon filter fan.(Sealed room and carbon filter just recircs room air to keep smell down) The constant and unchanging airflow causes those couple areas to transpire much more and causes twisting like that.

I think you nailed it. It seemed to be concentrated were a fan was blowing pretty steadily. I've moved the fan and the issue hasn't gotten worse lol.

Doc greenbud

Update- it was early onset calcium deficiency brought on by high levels of sodium bicarbonate and sodium chloride in the water. Also experienced Potassium and Mg lockout. A good flush with distilled water and some fresh bloom nutes should do the trick. Thanks to the kind folks over in the infirmary ????

Latest posts

Latest posts