What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short Blueberry F5 (new release)

OZZ_

Veteran
Hello to you and hello to all,

This is a second run of this girl, as the first run didn’t go as well as I’d like and this girl shows too much promise to not give her a proper run.

The first run can be found here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=375406

During flowering she puts off the most mouth watering blueberry baked goods/baked muffin smells which surprised me because of all of the reports saying they don’t find it in this line anymore. Thats not my experience here at all as this girl smells undeniably of blueberry baked goods and I didn’t do a pheno hunt by any means :biglaugh:

Delicious terps on her.

After chop and once jarred, the smell does change. The blueberry smell is still there but fades to the background, and up front and center emerges a different sort of baked goods smell. Someone on another thread commented that they found something in the arena of vanilla baked goods, and I think that description is appropriate to what I’m seeing here with this girl after the chop and cure.

The smoke is delightful. Very smooth, plenty of euphoria, and definitely shows anxiolytic properties. This is very interesting to me as I can be a little high strung, especially during stressful times which we are in the middle of atm. This calming effect I find lasts well into the next day, long after the high itself has come and gone. Very nice medicine for those that may need those types of effects.

This clone has had a rough start, being trapped in a tiny 1 liter pot, chopped back, root pruned, and otherwise mangled to keep her manageable in my tiny little 15”x25” x15” H veg cab.

We will be moving in two weeks to a new location where we will be for only three months before moving yet again, so I’ll need to have her vegged, flowered, chopped-dried-and Jarred with RH stabilized all within that three month period, so I need to get her going and start vegging her now as I’d like to get some size on her before flipping her.

About an hour ago she was transplanted into a ten gallon smarty and I rigged up a temporary veg station with a spider farmer sf1000 adjusted, and maxed out to 110w.

Soil mix is promix BX, 1/3 EWC, with extra perilite. This girl is fairly nute sensitive so I went light on the organic amendments. She got only 1 cup total in the ten gallon smarty consisting of 1/3 crab shell meal, 1/3 kelp, and 1/3 Epsoma tomato tone.

Liming was also 1 cup of a 3 part mixture of dolomite lime, oyster shell flour and gypsum. 1 cup azomite for minerals and a handful of red wigglers. The mix was made up 5 weeks ago, and watered with a fish/seaweed/molasses watering to jump start the cooking process. The worms have been in there working over the mix ever since.

That’s about it, she will sit here vegging for two weeks, she will get moved to the new location at that time, and she will go in a 3’x3’ DR90 under a 550 Rspec (dimmed to 360-400w) all to herself. :biggrin:

Not much to look at right now, but that should change shortly as she stretches her legs into that smarty filled with organic goodness.

I’ll need to do some training on her, as right now her structure is a mess since I was just randomly hacking her back to keep her alive until I decided to keep her or not, now I’ll need to train her into some sort of productive structure as she grows to fill the 3x3 tent she has to herself .... as much as possible in the short time period I have to work with.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit I missed this restart! Just harvested one of my Temple Flo. What a crazy cool plant. Subbed. Can't wait for the show.

OZZ_

Veteran
Shit I missed this restart! Just harvested one of my Temple Flo. What a crazy cool plant. Subbed. Can't wait for the show.

Hey RizRaz!

Glad to see you. I’ll pop in and take a peak at those temple Flo soon, very curious about that one too :biggrin:

Very nice! Love da bluebz! Will be lurkin and enjoyin da show!

Welcome aboard CC! Glad to have you! :tiphat:

Well thank you kind sir :ying:

I have a limited amount of time to veg her unfortunately, I think I can give her only three .... maybe four more weeks of veg but then I’ll have to flip her so I can have her finished and processed before we move yet again by February 5th.

I think I’ll give her 8 weeks flower time, say three weeks to process her (dry, trim, jar). So counting back on the calendar actually that gives me with four more weeks from today left for veg. So whatever size she can put on in that time... that’s what she gets!

Another month of veg though isn’t to shabby. Should be able to get her trained low and wide to fill out a nice 24-30” or so horizontal canopy

:dance013:

OZZ_

Veteran
The BB got banished to the shitter while we prepare for the move. At first it was kind of awkward but now I’m finding I quite like the company while I’m in there doing my biz :biglaugh:

I guess it’s time to shit or get off the ‘pot’ aye? :laughing:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Joke aside if that toiet is used it's probably not very sanitary to have the plant there. Every time you flush bad things get airborne and then they land on stuff. The closer it is the more contaminated it will be.

OZZ_

Veteran
Joke aside if that toiet is used it's probably not very sanitary to have the plant there. Every time you flush bad things get airborne and then they land on stuff. The closer it is the more contaminated it will be.

It will be fine but I hear ya. :)

It’s only been for two days and tonight they are getting relocated to a friends so he can babysit them for me while we are across country. Will be gone for ten days, then off to the new location.

Once I get the tent set up in the new location it will be off to the races! Probably won’t be any updates until then, as we will be all over the place. :tiphat:

OZZ_

Veteran
The grey goose has landed. I’m happy to report move number one went off with a resounding success.

It was an intense week but we are now settled into our new, temporary location.

The girls all survived the babysitter, and the blueberry put on probably about 8” over the ten days I was gone. She now has the 3x3 tent and the 550 rspec all to herself, and yesterday I threw down some stakes and tied her down, spreading her out. She has responded nicely.

She gets two more weeks of veg and then the flip. She’s showing some minor clawing yet again in this new but even lighter soil mix. It’s promix with 30% EWC, a bit of added perilite and only one cup of a crab shell, kelp meal, and Epsom a tomato tone mixture per ten gallons of soil that was cooked for 5 weeks and worked over with an added handful of worms. That’s a very light mix nute wise and still ... she claws... otherwise is doing well though. Next time I’ll give her 1/2 cup total amendments in her soil mix ;)

picture.php

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
2 weeks 11/13 and she’s starting to pistil up.

She didn’t stretch at all, much much less than I was expecting so she ended up smaller than I was hoping for. Either way I’ll need the space for some stretchy Sativas that are in there with her regardless so it worked out for the best most likely.

Obviously clones stretch less but the original seed plant was really pretty stretchy and this clone had basically zero stretch- to my surprise.

She’s still a little fussy, and is again showing a bit of burn even with about 60% less organic amendments in the soil than I typically use. Next time I run her I think I’ll go with straight Promix and EWC and not feed her until she asks for it. :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

I’m loving the smoke off of her though, very very anxiolytic .... a very relaxed, feel good effect without being sleepy or heavy. With cure the bit of comedown that was there before has softened even more, much to my liking. I find that the next day or even two I have an after effect that remains. Just a general sense of calmness and a sense of being at ease. I can be a bit edgy at times and this herb wipes that right out. Yet, there’s no grogginess to speak of and these effects don’t come from a “weedover” or hangover of any kind.

She’s finicky to grow but her effects are quite nice.

OZZ_

Veteran
The blueberry continues doing her thing. I’ve been feeding her biobizz bloom at 2ml/L but she’s starting to eat up a lower leaf or two, so I’m taking that as a sign she’s just a hair light on N, so I gave a few ml of fish/seaweed in the last watering. Will continue with the biobizz bloom only from here out until week 5, then a week of molasses, and a week to ten days of straight water looking to take her around 7-7.5 weeks. The seed plant was fully done at 8.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts