What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Returning to the classics - Widow & Skunk recommends?

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I must ask, although it doesn’t really matter to me seed wise, how is it ok to sell your half of the company, then take all the stock with you?
Doesn’t sound very honest or ‘stand up’ to me.
Just my opinion, of course

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
it is 2020 not 2001, the most popular variety here is white russian, if you want uniform plants, it is the best bet, folks are growing it outdoors massively here last 15 years, they grew dp blueberry or durban too, but these stopped to be reliable 10 years ago, so everybody is doing white russian. it is still the same as it was. if you want knock out stone. it is the best choice for white strain these days.
View Image

WHITE RUSSIAN: AK-47 x WHITE WIDOW

No hybrid offered by retail seed breeders is uniform and what was around 20 years ago including haze seams to be a lot better than whats been hyped today.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I must ask, although it doesn’t really matter to me seed wise, how is it ok to sell your half of the company, then take all the stock with you?
Doesn’t sound very honest or ‘stand up’ to me.
Just my opinion, of course

Shanti left clones but Arjan had no clue of growing and things died.

All of Nevil's work had nothing to do with GHS Nevil sold them seed on consignment and did the breeding primitively.

If the topic interests you run a search this was all made public for many years now .

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I have read through the stuff online and thought the same thing- if you are going to break up a company, you either leave with your stock or accept money.
No matter anyway, they are probably all working together- creating the rivalry to increase sales.
Much like wrestlers do.

Stocktont

Veteran
I got my seed from Shanti around 2001 and even Pacific used MrNice seed to seek out a male widow for breeding.I dont know what there current widows is like as i have not grown it but the original White widow that won the cup came from him.

Shanti and his wife/partner owned 50% of GHS the only thing that changed with the white lines when he sold his % of GHS and started MrNice was the names.

I did a full grow log on my widow grow back in cannabis world years ago from seed germ to harvest the 2 plants i posted pictures of here were my selected females and both were very strong.

I dont know when the seeds were made i grew maybe 2000 maybe before.

I find it funny that so many knock Mrnice and yet all the serious growers went to them for seed from 2000 when i joined CW/OG.

GHS ran out of seed after shanti left and had no seed until franco joined GHS some time after.Whats even worse is Mr Haze a mr nice seed retailer from Holland posted admitting he had sold Arjan / Franco F1 seed from Mr nice and that is how they managed to select plants and re stock there seed .

Franco did not even know the widow males id and i would bet money Arjan to this day can not tell you it also and the widow male is what was used in the Shark and Rhino.

Shanti gifted me 2 unreleased widow lines one you could only buy flower of in Coffee shops it was called White Butterfly i also have different stages of the widow in its development i also know the males id along with the moms do YOU.

Where did I debate if the widow came from the current owner of MrNice? I think I was pretty clear that I grew MrNice Shark Shock and Black Widow which I compared to the 90s versions of Great White Shark and White Widow, which were made by that guy but sold through GHS as he did back then. So I know he used to work there I don’t know why your rant about the current owner of MrNice, his life partner, GHS company and their current owner and his now deceased former partner, then when it comes to the only thing I asked you about, your experience and which expressions you saw, you say you grew two females and they were ”very strong”, the end. LOL

Ask yourself if you can answer the question if the one you grew was the same as the one sold in the 90s, if not, then it won’t matter much as we’re talking about two different things. I don’t care if you can id the males if the seeds aren’t the same then it doesn’t really matter what id the guy making the seeds told you he used for his plants does it…

of course I was a serious grower, I went to those sites a bit earlier and I also found out about MrNice earlier than 2000, how do you think I have the experience of commenting if I didn’t? I wouldn’t think of doing such a stupid and pointless things as talk about a variety I never grew so yes of course I got seeds from MrNice… that’s what my comment was about. Not what the owner told me or what other people wanted to do or did.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Where did I debate if the widow came from the current owner of MrNice? I think I was pretty clear that I grew MrNice Shark Shock and Black Widow which I compared to the 90s versions of Great White Shark and White Widow, which were made by that guy but sold through GHS as he did back then. So I know he used to work there I don’t know why your rant about the current owner of MrNice, his life partner, GHS company and their current owner and his now deceased former partner, then when it comes to the only thing I asked you about, your experience and which expressions you saw, you say you grew two females and they were ”very strong”, the end. LOL

Ask yourself if you can answer the question if the one you grew was the same as the one sold in the 90s, if not, then it won’t matter much as we’re talking about two different things. I don’t care if you can id the males if the seeds aren’t the same then it doesn’t really matter what id the guy making the seeds told you he used for his plants does it…

of course I was a serious grower, I went to those sites a bit earlier and I also found out about MrNice earlier than 2000, how do you think I have the experience of commenting if I didn’t? I wouldn’t think of doing such a stupid and pointless things as talk about a variety I never grew so yes of course I got seeds from MrNice… that’s what my comment was about. Not what the owner told me or what other people wanted to do or did.

You need to suck you head in Stocktont and stop being a dick trust me i get it you dont like me but what makes you think i like you ?.

The widow i grew is the same line that won the cup and the F2s sold by people like Fet and Joey also came from same seed i grew.

Shanti was the breeder Arjan was the sales man nothings changed.

Lastly widow male not widow males and were are your pics of the widow you grew.My widow selections were so good i made F2s from both plants.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
so he recommends us to get back to 2001? fantastic recommendation, I hope it helps a lot of folks LOL

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I have read through the stuff online and thought the same thing- if you are going to break up a company, you either leave with your stock or accept money.
No matter anyway, they are probably all working together- creating the rivalry to increase sales.
Much like wrestlers do.

I agree. and then we have these folks on internet, they try to act like normal growers, but talk like mns seed sale agent: "only mns has original, only mns has the best, buy mns, dont buy hazeman or serious, give your money to mns"

one guy posted some pics of greenhouse 97´neville´s haze plant and put new mns neville´s haze packs around it. LOL haha

Greatdalas

I agree. and then we have these folks on internet, they try to act like normal growers, but talk like mns seed sale agent: "only mns has original, only mns has the best, buy mns, dont buy hazeman or serious, give your money to mns"

one guy posted some pics of greenhouse 97´neville´s haze plant and put new mns neville´s haze packs around it. LOL haha

The same happened with ssh, I asked him for old ssh seeds, he sold me 1 pack and auctioned others after asking him, but none resembled the original ssh in smell or taste

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
The same happened with ssh, I asked him for old ssh seeds, he sold me 1 pack and auctioned others after asking him, but none resembled the original ssh in smell or taste

sorry to hear you wasted your money.. originals are gone long time..

Stocktont

Veteran
You need to suck you head in Stocktont and stop being a dick trust me i get it you dont like me but what makes you think i like you ?.

The widow i grew is the same line that won the cup and the F2s sold by people like Fet and Joey also came from same seed i grew.

Shanti was the breeder Arjan was the sales man nothings changed.

Lastly widow male not widow males and were are your pics of the widow you grew.My widow selections were so good i made F2s from both plants.

hahaha being a guy who seem to get offended all the time when people ”attack” you or anyone you adore you seem totally fine with being the dick yourself… don’t know what suck my head in even means but then again most of the hilarious stuff you spew and the psychotic arguments you make up never make sense to me.

What does me liking or disliking you have to do with anything? And trust me, I don’t care one bit if you like me or not. I was talking about my experience growing a named variety and you seem to go on your high emotions but that is par for the hempy course.

So you claim the widow you grew was the exact same that won the cup in the 90s but you never grew or smoked the widow in the 90s but you know from those two females in 2001… can’t you see how silly you look? I never said your good friend didn’t ”breed” or make the seeds, in fact I said I was able to comment on it as I grew seeds he made, never said anything about the current owner of GHS and if he made the seeds or not. So one more time, I grew the seeds made by the man that runs MrNice now, who used to make seeds sold through the GHS company, get it, never said he didn’t make the seeds I said I grew his seeds but you seem hell bent on trying to argue that he is the breeder. I never said he wasn’t. Get it? I said the later widow is not the same when grown from seeds as the first one I grew, in the 90s, still made by the same guy.

So you are claiming that it is the exact same clone (not more than one clone as it can’t be ”males”) and you’re saying that the widow was just one male to a female (or maybe more than one clone of a female?), it was just crossing those two lines and making the White Widow and later the Black Widow? Only one step in the breeding, not a schedule and multiple steps but only one?

Your widow selection? you mean the two females you grew? hahaha… how many of your ”F2s” did you grow to know they were so good? three? hahaha. You seem to me like someone who’s just taking those minimal experiences pawning them off like you can speak in general terms on a variety… kind of reminds me of that whole thai thing, sorry, thia thing, hahaha hilarious indeed.

Where are my pics from the 90s? hahaha you wouldn’t be able to tell shit from chocolate looking at pictures of things you have never seen anyways why would it matter to you? Why don’t you talk about the experience instead of trying to name-drop and pretend like you know the inside dealings of all those people. How well do you know Arjan to know his business dealings and how well he grows? Oh you heard it from someone… maybe it’s time you started Hempy’s Hearsay as a thread and then go on and on about private conversations you’ve had with other people that you think are cool and then maybe some people will go to that thread and really give you all that attention you so desperately seek. God forbid you’d actually give any kind of unique and insightful comment on your own experience. Can’t you see that by using those names that you’ve practically worn out by now you’re only making them look bad and making yourself look even more ridicules which is your greatest achievement.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Show us the pics of your widows its that simple i don't understand why it has to be complicated i shared my experience with the line along with pics of the 2 females i selected along with my suggestions for were to buy seed and in you come with insults and an over inflated ego and self importance.

Spare us all your bull shit and stop derailing the threads.

Stocktont

Veteran
Show us the pics of your widows its that simple i don't understand why it has to be complicated i shared my experience with the line along with pics of the 2 females i selected along with my suggestions for were to buy seed and in you come with insults and an over inflated ego and self importance.

Spare us all your bull shit and stop derailing the threads.

laughable as usual… I stated my thoughts on the widow topic, which is the topic of the thread so go on trying your silly little game of ”oh you attack me” or ”stop derailing” it really doesn’t matter to me. You can find my pictures from the 90s just next to the pictures of all the pure haze you’ve grown mr team haze, LOL.

Just for fun, who are the ”us” you speak for? Did you get elected spokes-person for the forum or is it the team haze you’re referring to as ”us”? Yea I thought so, just you.

now back to talk about widow instead of having a meltdown just because I won’t agree with you.