What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fitzera does Real Gorilla Headbanger x OPG, C4DD x OPG and Seedsmans White OG

Fitzera

I've got a pretty healthy seed vault, and with beginning to make my own pollen chucks (still sorting through seeded flowers from the last run) i told myself I wouldn't buy anymore. Well I lied to myself of course.

Couldn't help myself, been curious about jordanoftheislands blackcollection since I first saw them. I know Joti has been hit and miss, but I felt these were a good bargain to get some American genetics in my collection. All packs were $60 for 12 reg seeds and I ended up with:

19x Blackberry Hammer, 9lb Hammer x Blackberry Kush (Jinx Proof genetics)

16x Black Garlic, Garlic Breath x Blackberry Kush (Thug Pug Genetics)

16x Black Do-lato, Dosidos x Gelato x Blackberry Kush (In House Genetics)

14x Black Candyland, Candyland x Animal Cookies x Blackberry Kush (Seed Junky Genetics)

18x Black GDP Haze, GDP x Haze x Malawi x Blackberry Kush (Full Spectrum Genetics)

picture.php

Fitzera

8 weeks are wrapped up, here's the update. The fade has begun, colours are changing and we are nearing the end of this run.
The White OG are now smelling much more kush like so im happy with them again. Even if 2 are very low yielding. Hell, even the big one isn't much for yield but I think thats just how OGs are.
I was a little worried about the amount of trichomes on the others, but after 8 weeks I see theyre looking on point and im more excited to try them than I was...and I was already excited.

Overall
picture.php

The sweet smelling C4DD x OPG
picture.php

The herm C4DD x OPG
picture.php

The outlier White OG
picture.php

The nicer but also low yielding White OG
picture.php

Fitzera

The sweeter Headbanger x OPG
picture.php

The extra chemmy C4DD x OPG
picture.php

The nicest White OG
picture.php

The orange smelling C4DD x OPG
picture.php

And finally the less sweet, but still sweet, but more dank Headbanger x OPG
picture.php

I know it looks off, its a top that was supercropped and is now up again st a tent wall...hence why she looks as she does.

On a side note, I spent the other day cooking corn for grain spawn, sterilizing it in 1 quart jars and inoculating them....25 jars in total with 5 different strains of cubensis. Hopefully my work was clean and on point and ill get results. Last time I tried with brf cakes and the syringes were bunk. But no contams either so I guess it was a half win?

G

...On a side note, I spent the other day cooking corn for grain spawn, sterilizing it in 1 quart jars and inoculating them....25 jars in total with 5 different strains of cubensis. Hopefully my work was clean and on point and ill get results. Last time I tried with brf cakes and the syringes were bunk. But no contams either so I guess it was a half win?

Yeah buddy! Had a couple different cubes and a Thai strain in some brf cakes about 10 years ago, they did pretty well. Had to be almost surgical with the pressure cooker and cleanliness, but super smooth trips off all 3 kinds.

The girls are looking lovely, too! That White OG go BRRRRRRR...

Peace
DM

Fitzera

Yeah buddy! Had a couple different cubes and a Thai strain in some brf cakes about 10 years ago, they did pretty well. Had to be almost surgical with the pressure cooker and cleanliness, but super smooth trips off all 3 kinds.

The girls are looking lovely, too! That White OG go BRRRRRRR...

Peace
DM

The only thing I'm looking back at and thinking I should have done differently is wiping down the injection ports with an alcohol swap. Oh well, im sure all will be fine.
Its also a bit cooler in this place now that the temps have dropped outdoors. I've put down a seedling heat mat, then a spacer, then the box I have all the jars in. Thermometer inside the box is reading 65 degrees. Bit cold. But im concerned if I put the box directly on the mat, the jars on the bottom might get too warm. I'll give them a bit and if I feel its slow going ill change it up for more warmth.
Im going to do 5 monotubs, one for each strain...Amazon, Ecuador, pf classic, golden teacher and b+. Should have a good haul ready before Xmas I think.

Thanks for the compliment!

Fitzera

9 week update. Fading fast, a couple amber triches have shown. The white ogs are nearly turning black and looking pretty decent.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Now the C4DD x OPG...

Let's start with the big orange girl, she's fading more at the top than the lowers and a ton of white pistils yet. Will be i threshing to see how long she needs.
picture.php

picture.php

The herm, just as she was before. She still smells less than appealing, see if the cure will help with that...otherwise she's going into a hash pile.
picture.php

The extra chemmy one, I like this one alot. An shes still super chemmy. The pictures don't really show but her bids are beautiful, theyre coming out purple with the burnt orange hairs contrasting. It looks delicious.
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

And finally the sweet but not quite orange one. Shes throwing late term nanners. Something I noticed a couple weeks ago, on the very top center of each main bud, she had a ball sack. And each one. Dead center. Never opened on any of them. I pulled a couple off and left a couple to watch. Those bids haven't thrown any other nanners but one of the secondary buds has. I want to say this is from the Chem side of things are the headbanger x opgs havent thrown any nanners.
picture.php

Fitzera

Pulled down a few at 10 weeks. Didn't get any pictures of the White OG #2, but its the same as #1 just with much smaller flowers. The root ball told me I overwatered her and and thats the root of the low yield. Oh well, my bad.

White OG are what you'd expect from an OG, very earthy musky kush. Maybe a hint of citrus now. Most of #2 went into the fresh frozen bags.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

These 3 are the herm C4DD x OPG. She still has a very odd smell, no sweetness, not quite Chem, not quite spicy, herbal something...very strange. See how many nanners you can count in that last pic.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

Here is the Chem pheno of C4DD x OPG. Very much burned rubber while working with her. Good yield. Threw a couple nanners in the last week.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So we still have the 2 Headbanger x OPGs which are getting close. I really like the flowers on #2. Shes also much sweeter fruit smelling. The #1 still has a more funk to her. The last 2 C4DD x OPG will be interesting, theyre getting close now. Both have thrown a few nanners now but theyre nearing the end. I actually found a small spider mite infestation starting on the big orange smelling one. Just started to make some small webs on a few leaves. Never had these before. Just the one plant, and it the corner that didn't get much attention or breeze. No other plants have any. Interesting.

Fitzera

Here are some pics of what I found. You can see how much damage has been done to the leaf surface. Ive removed every affected leaf i could find.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And just for shits and giggles, here's one my my corn tek jars getting colonized
picture.php

And some of what im puffing on, patiently waiting for this run to be done and my jars ready for the next step.
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good in there, shame about the late nanners on the C4DD cross... ive just made C4DD F2s and some crosses with it,.. i ran all the F1 girls that made the seeds twice and didn't see any, but i'll be watching very carefully on the test grows !

VG

Consolidated

420giveaway
. The root ball told me I overwatered her and and thats the root of the low yield. Oh well, my bad.
The C4DDxOPG -especially- among the others, are mouthwatering.
How did my friend, tell you because mine are, as it seems, very confidential ...
I ask seriously Fitzera.

Last edited:

Fitzera

Looking good in there, shame about the late nanners on the C4DD cross... ive just made C4DD F2s and some crosses with it,.. i ran all the F1 girls that made the seeds twice and didn't see any, but i'll be watching very carefully on the test grows !

VG

You know Verdant, I dont get the feeling its the C4DD is unstable in this cross, I more feel like this cross is just more sensitive to stress. I've checked out quite a few C4DD grows and am confident in the quality and stability of your work.
Trying to get a feel for using these fabric pots versus plastic pots with blumats, im pretty sure ive over watered everything trying to find the right balance. Add into that the new led light intensity. Im pretty sure most of these nanners were my doing.

One thing thats been in the back of my mind, I would love to see someone grow these outdoors. I think these, with the right support, would be absolutely massive trees with amazing flowers. And I suspect intersex won't be an issue.

Fitzera

The C4DDxOPG -especially- among the others, are mouthwatering.
How did my friend, tell you because mine are, as it seems, very confidential ...
I ask seriously Fitzera.

Thank you, I agree these will be good smoke!
I'm not sure what else you're asking my friend.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know Verdant, I dont get the feeling its the C4DD is unstable in this cross, I more feel like this cross is just more sensitive to stress. I've checked out quite a few C4DD grows and am confident in the quality and stability of your work.
Trying to get a feel for using these fabric pots versus plastic pots with blumats, im pretty sure ive over watered everything trying to find the right balance. Add into that the new led light intensity. Im pretty sure most of these nanners were my doing.

One thing thats been in the

back of my mind, I would love to see someone grow these outdoors. I think these, with the right support, would be absolutely massive trees with amazing flowers. And I suspect intersex won't be an issue.

Thanks mate, the orange smelling one sounds particularly interesting.
The intersex... i think there must be some recessives within the Chem lines that may pop up in certain crosses, certainly they have a reputation for the odd hermi.. so like you say the combination could prove sensitive.. and if you found them first on the very tops of the cola then maybe the heat or light intensity would have encouraged it.
I think in the long thread on C4DD there was the odd report of a hermi but not very many...

fingers crossed for mine for the next month or so !
cheers
VG

Fitzera

Thanks mate, the orange smelling one sounds particularly interesting.
The intersex... i think there must be some recessives within the Chem lines that may pop up in certain crosses, certainly they have a reputation for the odd hermi.. so like you say the combination could prove sensitive.. and if you found them first on the very tops of the cola then maybe the heat or light intensity would have encouraged it.
I think in the long thread on C4DD there was the odd report of a hermi but not very many...

fingers crossed for mine for the next month or so !
cheers
VG

My thoughts exactly. It should be noted i havent seen any other reports of intersex issues with any of the other logs I've looked at. Points again to the environment I've created. And I definitely see some light stress in some plants. I've got some hot spots where the hps and qb overlaps, im sure thats not helping haha. But this is a test after all....might as well push them and see what happens.

The orange one might be losing a bit of its orange smell but its still very citrus and sweet. Im hoping the orange comes through in the cure.

And I have to add, the smell coming off the Chem pheno....wow...I really think I need to get some C4DD in my vault now! I've been watching your new thread, interested to see what comes out

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agreed, yes those qb sound pretty fierce ! - the plants have big buds all the way down !

Yeah the C4DD is really pungent..all the F1 girls were very chemmy.. and i'm smoking some of the first F2 i grew out.. a bit more sativa looking which is why i kept it to see from the germ test, but the buds are still very chemmy, sticky and greasy.. potent too.

ive just updated the f2 thread with some more pics.

VG

Last edited: