What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Holes in Blackout

viffer

Running costco carports. 3ea 10' x 100' greenhouses. I am waiting on 8mil skrim to show up and have to use 6mil black and white in the meantime. How important is it in the frst week of flower to have every single hole completely taped? By the way i am pulling manually with ropes. Pain in the ass. The tarps after 3 days look like a triage center. Gorilla tape everywhere. At least 20 new holes a night. New tarps will be here in 5 days.

Running costco carports. 3ea 10' x 100' greenhouses. I am waiting on 8mil skrim to show up and have to use 6mil black and white in the meantime. How important is it in the frst week of flower to have every single hole completely taped? By the way i am pulling manually with ropes. Pain in the ass. The tarps after 3 days look like a triage center. Gorilla tape everywhere. At least 20 new holes a night. New tarps will be here in 5 days.

You'll find varying opinions on the pin holes but good rule of thumb is to have complete darkness to be safe. Are you using duct tape or something similar to cover any sharp or rigid areas on your port that you are pulling over?

CrushnYuba

How big out holes are we talking about? Like the size of a quarter? You are all good.

It's not like indoor. Indoor you have a light leak and it's likely for a large portion of dark. With depp, you are really only cutting out like 2 hours. Then it's night time. You can play it pretty loose and you will be fine.
I have seen people skip blacking out for a night or 2 tons of times.

If you pull tarps by hand, you will have holes in tarps even if it's 8mil scrim.

If you have ever been in an auto depp with breathable blackout curtains, it isn't pitch black. It's like moon light.

All that said, i have never had a seeded depp. I had a hole the size of a basketball in an end wall for a whole run

CrushnYuba

That part of the plastic was on the North side so it never got hit with direct light. It was kind of more of a big slit. I really wouldn't recommend anything much bigger then a quarter.

In the worst light leaks in greenhouses i have ever seen, it never hermed or got seeded. It just made the buds closest to the leak do this weird reveg twisty like growth. Just a handful of buds.

You got to keep in mind, i live in an area infested with lazy hippies, dummies, and bad growers. I could make a book: the Darwin awards of sun grown cannabis.

Latest posts

Latest posts