What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exodus/Uk Cheese which has most flavor?

Blazeee

Veteran
who makes the best tasting s1 beans of the Cheese... 2012 I smoked some Cheese x Headband ... dear lord... one of the best flavors of all time and the bag appeal was gnarly.. just ICED out.. dripping in trichs

Im in the UK and ive been smoking cheese and blues for years. IMO none of the commercial seed lines come close to the clones.

I see alot of people recommend the GHS line, but i wouldnt waste your time with those, they are similar in structure and appearance and similar in smell, but it is heavily watered down and the stench cant compare with the clones.

The best guys I would recommend to buy seeds from is a UK company called underground originals.

As MD84 mentioned I would recommend you purchase their UGORG 1 which is a UK cheese clone x their blues bx line, that is if you are able to find it in stock anywhere. UGORG #1 is their take on blue cheese so its 50% cheese.

The blues / livers is another line similar and in the same category as the cheese, I would say they are just at different ends of the spectrum.

If you are unable to purchase their UGORG #1 I would highly recommend you pick up their blues.

IMO these guys have the best representation of the uk cuts in seed form. Also KG beans psychosis bx line would be another one to look in to.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Hi there! So I have had a long history running cheese plants. I ran Big Buddha Cheese for many years. My pheno leaned toward the afghani side though and was very “artificial cheddar cheese” in nose and taste. I tried running several other cuts of uk cheese itself. It always came out bland tasting! Smell would be 100% there. Just tried running Barneys Farm Triple Cheese and same deal. I tried 3 diff phenos and all 3 loud nose no lingering flavor. So I ask you Icmag, who has the genetics where that actual flavor comes through!!?? When i was in A.Dam in 2008 i smoked uk cheese at several spots and almost all of them had that lingering cheesey funky berry thing lingering on the palate. I want and miss it!

Smell and taste are the same thing, via different pathways. Your memory map from 2008 still exists, but it's in Amsterdam. You need to take your weed there, and it will all be like it was again. Except you are overwriting some of your key markers by telling yourself you won't find it. You have to believe.

If it smells 100% it must taste 100% so the thing missing is your surroundings. Then all the bits will fit again.

Blue Cheese was nice. By far the best of both. I don't like the hit though. Totally switches off my creativity. Leaving me unable to process thoughts to completion, thus the feeling I have something I was meant to of done. A nagging feeling of being incomplete which can mix with paranoia and become annoying. Not just unsatisfying. All my friends took years to come to a similar conclusion, except the one's with no creativity anyway. Who just found it bland in the end. As it's main ability of flattening your creativity did nothing for them.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive grown both ugorg1 and exodus GHS, ugorg1 offer very nice plants was made with the sweeter cut, whats known online as jahs or windows, out crosses beautifully. Seeds always available through their site, worth buying before Christmas as they always have a 2 for 1 offer. Exodus GHS was made with the super stanky cut, the one that's supposedly missing, I grew out a 5 pack, 4 werent great had a burnt rubber taste and smell, the final one was the best cheese plant ive seen from seed, it was very similar to the cut in smell and taste.

The thing about all this is that it was nicknamed suicide for a reason, try smoking only exodus for a month, it turns the world dark, its not happy weed, many people around the UK have found this out. I lost interest and dumped my cuts after experiencing this for myself. Stanky weed is great for selling to kids but I smoke to lighten my mood.

One thing you might want to look into is your growing method, if your weed tastes bland. I used to grow in coco and although I could get a great yield of potent, tasty smelling bud it never tasted quite right. Ive switched to organic, no more ph pens, mixing ratios of nutes. Everyone now comments on how great mine tastes, for just a small reduction in yield.

I appreciate all this info! And no everything else in my garden has mouth coating flavor. Im very dialed when it comes to drying and curing at proper temp and humidity. Im complemented often for how clean and flavorful our work is. I run dwc in rockwool in a sort of unique setup. But the various cuts of cheese ive run all ran literally next to another plant off same res and dried same way. One plant be it any of my karma gesr or ogs or cookie cuts....loaded w flavor, cheese right next to it always just dull. Probably tried 4-5 phenos now from diff companies. Nose would be perfectly on, just no flavor.

Stdane

In '08 I was very lucky that Jah Hoover I befriended on HG 420 and Cannacabana, sent me 5 unrooted cuts of Exodus Cheese from England, which I got to root all 5 in may, I vegged them outside in 20 L pots, until they reached almost 3 ft tall and 4 ft wide, had to take a load of cuts before I put them indoor to flower, luckily I might say it doesn't stretch that much, but after a good 8 week I ended up with five 5-ft plants, bushy as hell and 100-120 grams dry on all plants. For the peeps that tried real Exodus Cheese(the clone) knows what I'm talking about, when I say smell, taste and high are in the Top 3 still so many years after. I was raided a couple of years later, that was the end of my Cheese-adventure, then came all the Sour Diesel, Chem's and OG's especially Fire and Ghost and Cookie-craze, Dolato, Gelato, Speculato you name 'em, I could really do with a Tour down memory lane now with the likes of Mass Superskunk, Northern Lights 5/Haze, Romulan and of course the Exo-Cheese. Thanks fer bringing pure bliss to me Jah. I like the fact that he's still keeping it so many years after in his Lady Sativa Genetics Marmalade strain. Sorry to divert slightly off the subject.. cheers!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smell and taste are the same thing, via different pathways. Your memory map from 2008 still exists, but it's in Amsterdam. You need to take your weed there, and it will all be like it was again. Except you are overwriting some of your key markers by telling yourself you won't find it. You have to believe.

If it smells 100% it must taste 100% so the thing missing is your surroundings. Then all the bits will fit again.

Blue Cheese was nice. By far the best of both. I don't like the hit though. Totally switches off my creativity. Leaving me unable to process thoughts to completion, thus the feeling I have something I was meant to of done. A nagging feeling of being incomplete which can mix with paranoia and become annoying. Not just unsatisfying. All my friends took years to come to a similar conclusion, except the one's with no creativity anyway. Who just found it bland in the end. As it's main ability of flattening your creativity did nothing for them.

Everything else in my garden is loaded with flavor. My environment is as dialed as you can get. As for the environment BEING in A.Dam i can see where youre going but ive tasted uk cheese in the usa and it had all the flavor. I just feel like the seeds/phenos i got overall were lacking in nose to palate translatation.

bushed

I appreciate all this info! And no everything else in my garden has mouth coating flavor. Im very dialed when it comes to drying and curing at proper temp and humidity. Im complemented often for how clean and flavorful our work is. I run dwc in rockwool in a sort of unique setup. But the various cuts of cheese ive run all ran literally next to another plant off same res and dried same way. One plant be it any of my karma gesr or ogs or cookie cuts....loaded w flavor, cheese right next to it always just dull. Probably tried 4-5 phenos now from diff companies. Nose would be perfectly on, just no flavor.

I just looked on their site and ugorg1 is out of stock, if you are looking for strong UK flavours and stink you cannot go wrong with their blues, 9 out of 10 northerners prefer the blues cut to either cheese.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just looked on their site and ugorg1 is out of stock, if you are looking for strong UK flavours and stink you cannot go wrong with their blues, 9 out of 10 northerners prefer the blues cut to either cheese.

I grabbed a 10 pack of the blues from seed cellar. Spendy but they are stateside and legit. Thanks for your advice ill create a thread eventually.:tiphat:

bushed

Great work, be interested in what you think about how it measures up to US clone onlys. It's such a loud intense flavour, I'm surprised it's never taken of.

MD84

I would imagine there will be some seriously nice plants to be found in Karmas London Loud. From both sides of the genepool.

MindEater

100% wrong. Some of my best tasting weed hardly had a smell. I'll take strong flavor over strong smell any day. But both = the dream.

OP how are you growing? Flavor only really comes strongly from soil grows, which is one reason so many hydro growers don't understand it, as evidenced in the quoted statement. Flavor has nothing to do with essential oil terpenes that labs test for. The only UK cheese I've smoked tasted like fruity hash, not like it smelled.

iTHC

recently got my hands on Grand Daddy Psycho, Psycho OG & Psycho Dawg:party:

will report back in time:headbange

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100% wrong. Some of my best tasting weed hardly had a smell. I'll take strong flavor over strong smell any day. But both = the dream.

OP how are you growing? Flavor only really comes strongly from soil grows, which is one reason so many hydro growers don't understand it, as evidenced in the quoted statement. Flavor has nothing to do with essential oil terpenes that labs test for. The only UK cheese I've smoked tasted like fruity hash, not like it smelled.
I run dwc in rockwool. Ive run soil, cocoa, dtw, nft, dwc, you name it. NOTHING has compared in flavor to our current setup. As i said earlier, everything i run on the regular has lots of flavor, complemented often and i hate to be blunt but ive been at this over 20 years. I know terpy mouth coating flavor vs bullshit bland flavor in my smoke. Hoping these ugorg blues even come close to the heady flavor of the stuff i sampled in amsterdam when i went as a judge for the cup. The flavor lingered forever, much like a super long finish from an og or a cookie or sour that was done well. Well see soon! :headbange

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^ You ever grow outdoors in soil and use water from a natural source vs tap water?

My most aromatics plants come from being grown outdoors with organic nutrients and pond water. :tiphat:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have grown outdoors with well water and river water. Dont get me wrong, i love it. But when it comes to flavor nothing beats clean dwc w a two week flush. Taste lasts forever.

scrogrow

probablly a good thing, never rated the breeders:huggy:

Hahahaha never rated em either after I got kicked off the uk 4 2 0 site for asking for cuts lol

well happy to be a refuge over here tho lol

My thoughts are they pay that joolz to run it for them and they promote the daylights out of them