What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hyb's Subterfuge#1

G

Auto bastard 1.0 chopped and sampled.
Very nice smell, better than expected. A fruity lemon candy thing going on...
Due to the combination of the bastard mutation and auto traits the size of the plant is very limited. I personally would recommend photoperiod bastards if you want a reasonable amount of flower. You really don't get much haha

Potency is nice, very frosty/resinous purple flower. enjoyable smoke :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201126-211526~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201126-211526~2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_20201126-211452~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201126-211452~2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 191
High!

I've also been growing autobastard, three of them. None had purple buds but Green. A nice lemon smell. High is rather uplifting at first and with an indica development. Works great as an evening smoke. Potency is fine.

I am crossing autobastard with Ace's PCK and Bangi Haze at the moment. I am also crossing Subterfuge#1 to Auto Zamaldelica and Auto Malawi. We'll seee how it goes...

teide

Veteran
Wonder if there is variation among the auto bastards. They seem bigger on hyb's IG photos.
Subterfuge seems to take too much time to finish, just like abc, so in my opinion a much quicker auto bastard with equal potency but lower yield is still a better option. We just need to plant more.
Interesting times ahead, when future outcrosses will make subt1 quicker and auto bastard bigger.

Last edited:
G

Hyb said he grew indoors and put outside for the last week or so to get some colours out. Difficult to get much size growing entirely outdoors.
Not too sure on variation just yet, hopefully an sts reversal will give me plenty to explore

Thanks teide! I also want to do outdoors but I am on 59N. So needed to cross for getting at least some hardiness and also earliness.
So Bangi Haze and PCK seemed reasonable. The two autos I choose beacause of their quality.

The Subterfuge's took really long time to veg and get through flower. Real slow growers. But nice and undemanding hardy plants. The autos grew much more vigorous with less branching. Think I cut mine at 8 or 9 weeks from seed. They were in small 4 l pots and got only partial direct sunlight and mostly in indirect sunlight outdoors, so yield and buds was not like in Hyb's pictures! But nice smoke, I really enjoy when it is sungrown!

Also Ace was kind and offered me to buy some seeds of an unreleased S1 version of their Auto Malawi, that apparently has some foxtailing. Would like to go for a Foxy Bastard for maybe some more stealth. Hope the foxtailing trait passes over!:biggrin::headbange

I didnt plan so well for the pollination with subterfuge pollen, so there is a risk that the pollen has gone bad between harvest and pollination. But at least the auto zam has gotten Brown Pistils, so it might have taken. We'll see how it goes, it is just a fun project. But I really like the thaught of growing a bunch of these stealthy in my yard, getting some decent quantity of sungrown :smoke::good:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I picked up another pack of Subterfuge #1 and had 2 germ but once they shucked the seed shells, they never opened any further to show leaves.

I took a plastic container with lid and flipped it upside down so the main container sat on the lid. I put a moist papertowel on the lid and 2 seeds on top of the moist paper towels and then put the lid over that to keep the humidity in.

One germinated and I threw it into soil and it did the same thing as the other 2 that germinated. Shucked the seed shell, never opened to show leaves and then they died.

The other one finally popped after sitting there for 18 days and I let it sit for another couple days. In those next couple days, I saw that not only did it shuck the seed coat but it also shucked a real thick embryo like coating that was what was keeping the leaves closed on the other plants that germinated. This coating that is normally real thin on other strains is real thick and tough on this strain.

The seedling that showed the first 2 cotyledons finally broke soil surface 3 days after being put into light soil. It still hasn't straightened up. Subterfuge #1 has to be the world's slowest growing strain. It makes Freakshow look fast.

G

Auto barstard 1.0 successfully reversed. Was getting worried with the crappy germ rate. Should have plenty soon. The latest couple grew significantly bigger. Gave them rich soil and as much light as I can outdoors. considering they are seeded looks like it would yield heavy

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Auto barstard 1.0 successfully reversed. Was getting worried with the crappy germ rate. Should have plenty soon. The latest couple grew significantly bigger. Gave them rich soil and as much light as I can outdoors. considering they are seeded looks like it would yield heavy

Are the male flowers opening and releasing pollen?

I have a small Auto Bastard reversed and it'a full on male flowers, they're just not really opening and releasing pollen.

G

I have a small Auto Bastard reversed and it'a full on male flowers, they're just not really opening and releasing pollen.

Yeah they are opening (not as much pollen as a standard male) but definitely releasing pollen. With a little assistance by hand to make sure the entire female is pollinated, it seems to be producing plenty of seed

JimMuscles

How did your seeds turn out??? I've been searching for these seeds for months.

JimMuscles

Yeah they are opening (not as much pollen as a standard male) but definitely releasing pollen. With a little assistance by hand to make sure the entire female is pollinated, it seems to be producing plenty of seed

How did your seeds turn out? I sent you a pm regarding these.

Latest posts

Latest posts