What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gypsy Nirvana Collection - Seedpack Competition!

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Some basic background whatnot.

Saved others as png but they keep uploading as jpg. Does Icmag do this automatically sometimes for file size constraints?

Last edited:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
woof, these got super compressed uploading to an album

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yeesh, I gotta rid of some old attachments if I want these to display properly...

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gypsy knows how to catch me if he needs a special one :

1533570394-preview.jpg

This one is making illusion . :)
The hardest thing is to start to show things .:biggrin:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Yeah, lets see what ya got in the way of ideas Gano.....whatever it is stick it up here in this thread and we can go over it...

My idea's on this are looking at a broader application of a new design for a new logo. I'm also thinking about the whole process from start to finish. First you need an image/picture, but you also need to know what the picture/image is going to be printed onto. Then the printing process will be the next thing that will need to be known. In the text bellow I will continue and write out

Lets start the topic in relation to seed stock. It is going to be likely that at times you will have stock that is going to special in some way, weither its a limited release, a one time production, or some other special, or even for testers. So there could be reasons for being able to have a design that can be applied to several different "special" package design.

Depending on what type of printing process is going to be used to print the image(s) onto what will be the package and the type if paper being printed onto. I assume they are likely going to be printed up like bussines cards. I'm not sure if a more complex design would cost more due to the amount of ink being used. Printing in black ink only would logically be cheaper then color. Having paper(for the "cards") that you have a variety of colors so you can have ones for those special seed lines/stock. Having a design that could be used on all of the different color of card stock paper with out needing to be altered in any way or minimal altering would be an extra plus, i'd think.

Next thing that will need to be known/decided is how are they going to be packaged/type of packaging. Will it be a card (bussiness card size) with a plastic package stapled to the card. Or is the package going to be more complex, like some kind of feature to keep the seeds from being crushed. The more complex the packaging the more it costs and that cost could be applied to the seed packs price to off set the cost for the higher tech of the packaging. Last subject on this is, are they going to be a single sided print or double sided. If there is no print on the back, a rubber stamp could be used to print the disclaimer "that the seeds should only be used in accordance with whatever laws there might be in whatever nation or state, and/or as 'souvenirs'.". Or that could be printed on the back.

My idea for the type of packaging would be like the ones where they have the plastic bubble that the seeds set in. These are made with three pieces a front, a piece of plastic and another piece of paperthat are stack and sealed into a package. I would take the image of Gypsys seed with the wings and place that around the plastic bubble, so the bubble forms the seed with the wings with the seeds inside of it. Then have the rest of the design worked around that.

Sorry it took me so long to type this out. I had to type this out in several sessions

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Wow! herbgreen.....that's kinda different, and I like it.

I get what you are saying Gano.....and at the same time realize that we already have at least two designs here that I would be more than happy with on my seedpacks coming from bsgospel and The Skunkist...

Time is tight now with getting a suitable pack printed and seeds bagged for distribution, so I will go with these two designs for now and look here for seed pack designs into the future, perhaps from others who have already made the effort to make something for this thread. or who might contribute to it in the future...

herbgreen

Veteran
Yeah, gypsy thanks and hats off to those who can manage some graphics on here...(computers!)

I like symmetry and I was thinking you need something egyptian

If I ever figure out how to use some more pro graphics I might get back with you....

That 'all seeing eye' relates back to egypt and the Free mason 'G' is a good for Gypsy

Glad I could come up with something that you might use for a cryptic limited edition

hard to match up to that old logo but makes for interesting brainstorms

Glad to see you gettin' back...you guys were always total pros and set the standard in many ways

You weathered the storm hope you enjoy some smooth sailing for a bit...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My feelings too herb, I'm not so good at using computer graphics....that's why I make a competition like this, plus its kinda fun to interact over a common theme...

Nice bit of symbolism you have going on in that design herb.

Congrats to The Skunkist and bsgospel.....we still have to sort a few bits out with whats on the packs, but the basic designs are good.
Yeah, gypsy thanks and hats off to those who can manage some graphics on here...(computers!)

I like symmetry and I was thinking you need something egyptian

If I ever figure out how to use some more pro graphics I might get back with you....

That 'all seeing eye' relates back to egypt and the Free mason 'G' is a good for Gypsy

Glad I could come up with something that you might use for a cryptic limited edition

hard to match up to that old logo but makes for interesting brainstorms

Glad to see you gettin' back...you guys were always total pros and set the standard in many ways

You weathered the storm hope you enjoy some smooth sailing for a bit...

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
:party: Skunkist! High five, my man

Glad you dig it, Gypsy. We'll tweak and fine tune and get these where they need to be real soon. I'm super stoked to be a part of this next chapter you're rolling into. :dance013:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:party: Skunkist! High five, my man

Glad you dig it, Gypsy. We'll tweak and fine tune and get these where they need to be real soon. I'm super stoked to be a part of this next chapter you're rolling into. :dance013:

:woohoo: Yeah quite cool to participate to this project !

:tiphat: