What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Louisiana growers out there? How bout Gulf Coast?

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Been growing since 1999 and haven't met very many growers around my area.

If you're in the deep south, stop in and say hi!

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
goat, well you know i'm a down south transplant..actually the wife is louisiana born n breed..cool story tho goat, a good friend of ours who's a drummer in a band in shreveport is married to ronnie van zandt's sister..we got down every few yrs. to visit the wife's fam and friends..
anyway just thought you might find it interesting..

limonene

Heyo. I'm born and raised in Louisiana but now live in the PacNW. I'm actually back visiting right LA now but will head home at the end of the week. What about this nonexistant winter y'all?

electric_oj

What's happenin' fellow Boot people? I'm still relatively new to growing- I hadn't realized the initial cost of getting setup, but I'm on my second grow. Growing weed in LA so far has been like living behind enemy lines. I barely have any friends or talk to anyone for obvious reasons. I have considered giving it up in exchange for a "normal" life but I really do need it for its analgesic properties. Louisiana is so backwards, especially with the lack of ability in the voter-initiative department.

I'm so paranoid of the police state here, I had palpitations just seeing a thread about LA. I'm actually kind of glad to hear of fellow growers here though (with beauties like the pic above), because it seems this place is on lockdown constantly. How do you cope?

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I'm in the area, not in the boot though. I travel there on occasion.

picture.php

Last edited:

skunkbear

Yeah! good ol La...
A place where any sizable amount of mj will get you put on a chain gang cutting weeds
on the side of the road. A place where the cops give you a speeding ticket for going two miles over the speed limit. A place where the cops sell the drugs so they know who to bust
when they need publicity. Really good people BUT! run on 1870s laws that are still on the books. My heart still thinks of you sha. Crawfish in da spring. crabbing on suday witha bar-b-que.

RicoT

Thread revival!:moon:
Grew a few years under a lone 600w.. Now in Afghanistan and will be home in a few months.
Only thing I look forward to is getting back to growing and have purchased everything for a 3k stadium and had it sent home.
Seed run/ mother hunt will consist of midnight madness, erdpurt/b3n7, deep strawberry diesel, sour boggle and sour lifesaver
Everything ready except what I will do with peat as its the only viable media we have here.. Thinking of using Phillthys mix. Only problem with that is the ony place that carries ocean forest is the suspect ass grow shop that's 1/1 in the city and they want $20 a bag!
Well thats my story.. Anyone have media/nutes suggestions? :tiphat:

swampthing

My KUNG and Icculus crosses do well down here

KUNG:
Durban Punch x Sakura

Icculus:
Cherry Lime Haze x Sakura

chesterstone1

Yooo such an old thread. Curious if you're still out here, GOAT absolutely killing it nowadays. Instagram feed is one of the best I've seen... I'm a youngin down here hoping to keep the dream alive and eventually bring the fire to the legal market in LA.

TexanTerps

shoutout to the boys in baton rouge with the skunk! Im on tha third coast ya dig? Been playing this game a long time. only for myself, you cant run your mouth round here. i mean something inside me just burns too badly if i dont reach out to the grower community. How cool would it be to just have it go 100% legal tomorrow. Id advertize online a meetup and we could all point fingers and go you motherfucker I knew it was coming from round there, that was you! WOW. Down here when some ultra fine bud goes around or gets outside of a tight circle you cant show props to a grower or source a cut of the plant. I have got absolutely amazing hydro for the last 20 years if I looked hard enough. Although I will say my old school hippie parents scored tremendous mexican. Im talking mexican that was like lime green popcorn. shit, ive never had bud like i got in Louisiana and East Tx Central Tx out of any dispensary. just a different kind of exotic. Peace Im stoned rambling.

TexanTerps

I live in the south too, how do u guys deal with high humidity?(other than a dehumidifier)
I use genetics that handle it. However Im lookin forward to trying some exotic outdoor grows if legalization ever happens. im talking i could have a greenhouse then! The dew is what kills you outdoors. You could use a leafblower. again if it were legal, last thing you wanna be doing is leafblowing plants when betty sue runs over your dog and calls the sheriff.

Latest posts

Latest posts