What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo 11 and Jock Horror pics

homerdog

Some props to the grower of these girls. The Apollo is at 39 days and looking great, so heavy its tryin to pull the plant over. Grower thinks this is the lanky pheno and wants to try again for the shorter bushy pheno, minimal but kinda funky smell to this one. Not smoke report yet. Joey Weed product.

The Jock Horror is looking amazing at 73 days, all the branches had to be supported, it smells kinda floral.

and an old pic of Blue Mystic just for fun

homerdog

What do you guys think?

Anyone know have some info on the JW apollo? Go for the other pheno or is this a good one? Looks ok, just went nuts (stretch) when put into.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Very nice plants, especially the Apollo at 39 days. Jock Horror is a great strain and powerful.

homerdog

The jock has very dense nugs, this is a decent pheno the exceptional lemon pheno was lost, it had a great up high. The apollo at 39 days is almost as dense as the Jock at 73 days, we'll have to do some side by side comparisons to see if it is as well liked, happening sooner than later I hope. It stretched and took over space like crazy, though it is spacey enough to allow light all the way to the bottom. The Jock was LST'd and has huge buds almost to the bottom of the stem (the lower branches look almost as big and good as the top), wish I was a decent photographer so you could see how well the grower did with the overall plant.

S

sir_NiceGuy

homerdog said:
What do you guys think?

Anyone know have some info on the JW apollo? Go for the other pheno or is this a good one? Looks ok, just went nuts (stretch) when put into.

Hi homerdog. I haven't grown it yet (beans are still in the mail atm), but fyi..
Here's what was written about JW's Apollo 11 in the OG Strainguide. In case it helps. Peace.

"'Apollo 11 F2' from Joey Weed

Breeder's Description - 'Apollo 11 F2'

These are F2 seeds made from the best females and males of Apollo 11. The Brothers Grimm are the originators of this strain and it has gotten a lot of good reviews over the years. It has a better yield than C99 with a more mellow giggly type of high. Here is what is said about Apollo 11.

This indoor hybrid has a high calyx/leaf ratio & finishes flowering in 7 weeks or less. Our big-yielding, lemon-scented female clone named "Genius" because of her CLEAR, energetic, thought-provoking high was crossed with a robust Cinderella 99 male to create Apollo Eleven. Expect some variation among indivi ...continued

Grower Report - Shmokin on August 18, 2003, 11:25 am

Apollo 11 F2 from Joey Weed rated 8.00

Overall Rating: 8 Effect: Somewhat heady
Potency: 9 Stature: Somewhat tall and lanky
Yield: 7 Phenotype: Mixed, primarily Sativa
Ease: 8 Indoor: 45 to 50 days
Appearance: 9 Outdoor: Not Listed
Odor Level: 7 Odor: Lemon w/ a hint of Skunk
Taste Level: 8 Taste: Spicy
Grower's Tilt: 8 Sexes: Standard (M/F)
SI Rating: Not Listed Vintage: Not Listed

I germed 2 F2's from Joey Weed. One popped the suface but never grew and died. Luckily the other was a female. This Apollo grew vertical very fast yet was also very bushy. This would be a great SCRoG strain.

I topped her at 10 in., flowered her at 15 in. She finished just short of 3ft. in 7 weeks. The stems were very weak making supporting mandatory. Dense buds w/ thick bright orange hairs. Resin production was outstanding.

Yield was not huge but 1.2 oz of one plant is good enough for this kind of quality. The high is tremendous. Mostly in the head but if you smoke enough you will have to sit down. I can't wait to grow this stain again. I am so impressed I will be trying other Bros. Grimm genetics in the future.

Garden Information for this report
Bloom Wattage Used: 410w to 1000w
Average Plant Height: 36
Plants per Sq. Foot: 0.70
Average Yield per Plant: 1.20
Pruning or Plant Style: Bush
Fertilization Method: Organically fed

600w HPS air cooled in a 3.3 x 3.3 x 6 ft box.
Blackgold soil w/perlite, bone & blood meal, lime added.
4 or 5 gallon containers.
Pretty much followed BOG's guide of feeding every other watering.
Pureblend Grow during veg.
Fox Farm Bloom first week flowering.
Pb Bloom next 3 weeks.
Earth Juice Bloom next 2 weeks.
Straight water last 2 weeks.

Report added by: Shmokin"

homerdog

Hey thanks for the response, I hadn't seen that grow report before (pretty encouraging). I have most of JW's stock descriptions almost memorized, sad I know. I can tell you the yield will be higher than 1.2 ounces for sure! It was flowered at maybe 15" if I remember correctly, its probably 2ft tall now and if measured across would prob be 5ft in diameter if not contained (looks like straight sativa to me).

The grower and I discussed scrog and think it def might be the way to go with this one. You should be able to get the same amount of bud in a smaller space. Wish it had the lemon smell/ taste grower only planted 1 bean and got one female so there is still hope, we have a lot to play with at the moment so it might be hard to convince the need to pop another. JW's NL, sugar berry, 4 JW mix,and a11 are all above ground along with Jock horror, blue mystic, and querkle. Some JW white russian is waiting for its chance as is DC x choc, and DC x bubba. Guess you can tell who we "correspond" with for the most part.

Latest posts

Latest posts