What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco/perlite bed grow

pico

Veteran
I put in the last bed the other day. right around 50 blue skunk plants in there with very little veg time.

Day 30 for the blue skunk on the other side of the room.

Right around day 17 for the tabbys.

I have not been watering enough. I am throwing up some ebb and flow coco tables because I am just too lazy to come down and water these beds every day by hand. I get to them every few days and while everything looks good, I bet it would look better if I watered more.

Still just rockin Floranova, Floralicious plus, Liquid Karma.

pico

Veteran
Can't complain. The tabby sure exploded in there. The big blues took a little longer to get situated. Don't seem to be having any sort of major defficiencies. Floranova is the easiest shit in the world.I run right around 3ml per gallon every watering.

I am putting more coco under 6 lights this week. Ebb and flow. I have some house and garden van de zwaan nutes I am trying out.

N

Neptune

everyone says H&G is cheaper than canna, and just as good.
Probably true.

pico

Veteran
H&G additives sure are expensive, but the A+B isn't too bad.

I have the full line and it is costing around $350 for a run with two 3x6 tables.

I am tempted to do some AN products on these 4 other tables I am putting up. Just for comparison......not sure.

Did you ever get a refund for all the AN stuff you bought? Money back guarantee right?

N

Neptune

lol, yeah right brother... ship that shit back to canada, no thanks. ;p
investment lost, no big deal... dump it and move on.

Monkey juice has some good reviews though.
What I say is, if it aint BOrke, don't fix it... FNb seems like a winner to me.

H&G adds are pricey, yup.

Hydrogaurd/Hygrozyme/Fulvic acid only adds I use these days.
LQ, molasses, kelp, alfalfa and bat guanos in soil.

pumpkin2006

Wow Pico, looking good.

Do you think these coco "raised beds" are more productive then the ebb n' flow tables? I do ebb n' flow with net pots that are filled with coco now. It seems like I'm inbetween your to methods :}

pico

Veteran
Pumpkin-I will see how this compares to ebb flow as I have some ebb flow coco and ebb flow hydroton runs coming up. Can't compare to the other 'ebb flow show' because that run got dusted with pollen and different wattage lights and so I can't compare. But I do like the coco beds. Very easy to deal with and no problems so far. The roots seem to be everywhere.

Neptune- I have been using Floranova for all kinds of shit and it works great. I never do any pH adjustments or anything. Very cheap and very easy. I use it with liquid karma and recently added floralicious plus. Have you ever used the koolbloom?

I don't know why I want to try AN. It is kinda like watching a buddy zap himself with a tazer and then doing it yourself just to see how it feels......Nevermind I don't know what I am talking about. I think the advertising is getting to me. Or maybe I just have a problem with having to try everything at least once.

N

Neptune

KoolBloom is a fine PK product.
When I do and have used it, 5ml/gal is a good rate... higher is too much IME.

I will be using Floranova for next crop for sure, I have used it here and there with great results, but I will finally put it to work for an enitre crop. 1 bottle, fuck it... you can't beat that! the FNgrow does crazy shit to the purple strains in veg, they grow so damn nice... duno why I ever switched !!

pumpkin2006

Ya Advanced Nutrients sucks. Don't zap yourself.

I liked your idea in your ebb n' flow thread of filling the beds with hydroton and putting some panda poly over it and cutting slits into it for the plants. I'm sure that this would work very well.

pico

Veteran
we will see. I am putting up those tables filled with hydroton this weekend. I like this no pots thing.

The ebb flow coco will be using coco pots.

pico

Veteran
Time for an update.

Day 49 blue skunk beds

besides a little PM, these blues look great. Love that coco.

Day 39 tabby(back), day 21 blue skunk bed(front)

The tabbys look great and really liked the SOG style of growth. The blue skunk doesn't really explode out of the gate like the tabby does and does better with bigger plants and longer veg time.

The last month or so I have been running without CO2. It was getting kinda hot so I installed a 14" Can Max exaust with 10" Can Max intake and a Can 125 carbon filter on the exaust. That was keeping the temps in check just great, but the humidity in my area has been crazy. I have started to get powdery mildew so I am turning back on my CO2 and getting the Santa FE 100 pint dehumidifier. Damn mildew. Oh I also noticed the plant growth slow WAY down without all my CO2 and enviornmental controls turned on.

The other half of the room just got 56 tabbys under 4x 600w lights doing run to waste coco/perlite with house and garden nutes. Expect a thread shortly.

B

Brain

How'd I miss this thread all this time? Your doin' it big, Pico! Thanks for the shows. The Tabby looks like TW as far as the color goes. Can we get a bud shot?
peace

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
JimJay- The CanMaxs are nice. I have 3 of them. The problem is that I ended up not liking the setup because it was sucking all the humidity from outside in to my room. Now am going back to sealed room with dehumidifiers.

Brain- Yeah I will get a closeup of the tabby tonight. She sure smells nice.

pico

Veteran
I had to harvest the 2 tables of blue skunk and the table of tabby early. I was starting to have a problem with powdery mildew. I have 8 lights in this room and 5 of the lights have plants that are still early in flowering. So I chopped the other tables that are farther along so I can run a sulphur burner in the room. Too bad because these buds were really starting to blow up. They love the coco beds that is for sure.

Fuckin powdery mildew. I was walking around the house yesterday and noticed there are a ton of plants with mildew on them outside. So as soon as I changed my room over to intake/exaust it just sucked in all the spores. I have the Santa Fe 104 pint dehumidifier coming this week ($1200).

pumpkin2006

P.M. is really actually quite easy to control with SaferGrow's PM cure. Its just a combination of different oils and is OMRI listed. You should be able to find it in your hydro store. I spray all my plants in veg and early budding with PM and have never seen any since I started using the stuff. Sulfur burners seem nasty to me.

pico

Veteran
yeah the sulphur burner is needed to knock it out right now. The PM showed up around 5 or 6 weeks in to flowering with the blue skunk so I can't really spray anything on them. They will be chopped and everything else will get the sulphur treatment. I think if I just tried to spray the other at this point the PM would come back later in flowering. Time to bring out the big guns. Plus I think Sulphur burners are approved for organic crops.

pico

Veteran
Ok, I got the Santa Fe Dehumidifier and it solved my humidity problems. Deffinately 10 times better than any dehumidifier you can buy at home depot. Powdery mildew is gone as far as i can tell.

Here is that last blue skunk bed that I left in. I think it is around day 35. These are the ones that were flowered with no veg time. Wanted to see how the Blue Skunk reacted in this type of situation. They did go from like 4 inches tall to 18 + inches but I don't think it filled up the table very well. We will see how they finish up. The tabby is deffinately the strain for no veg time flowering.

I am thinking of replanting these beds without replacing the coco/perlite. Just mix it up and take out the bulk of the roots. Use some enzymes during flowering......Might do a side by side with house and garden nutes because they have been doing very well in my other garden.

Latest posts

Latest posts