What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmerlion's Greenhouse learning experiments.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
ThermalRider and Kaskadian, thank you for your kind words and support. I hope the summer weather is very good so these plants can be grown in a way they deserve. There should be a lot of color this fall being expressed. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Repuk, 12' x 20'l x 10' h. It's only an 8'h greenhouse but I lifted it up on rail road ties to get the extra height. Farmtek doesn't offer a smaller model with the higher sides. The quality of their greenhouses is very good other than that. The ties are anchored into the ground with long stakes. Already has seen 70 mph winds and did just fine. Peace brother

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Well it's supposed to be in the 80's for the weekend. I will germinate seeds in the grow bags if work allows me to. Last minute genetics changes are screaming at me. GROW ME, NO GROW ME!! Shit, I love them all. I guess I won't know what I'm doing until the last bean is buried.

Either way it's a winning situation and a joy to experience. I wish you all a happy and safe weekend.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
So it begins, germination day!

So it begins, germination day!

Finally popping seeds. Prayerful greed, is there such a thing? I decided to double up two of the Lebanese in a 40 gallon plastic grow tub. I also doubled up all the 45 gallon grow bags. This freed up one 35 gallon grow bag for one more strain. I was able to plant some Original Sour Diesel. This is the only 35 gallon bag that is double planted. They are regular seeds. If one is a male it will be culled. Last season the double planted 35 gallon bags did just fine.

The liquid Humic Source Plus.

This is the pre dug holes for the potting soil. (no transplanting)

Potting soil used.

35 gallon single hole bag filled with potting soil.

The seeds germinating and warming on the heat pad. The color and the days of the week were used to label each strain. I used little vitamin containers to soak the seeds in a Humic Source Plus and water solution. I'm not waiting for the seeds to pop. Just letting them sit over night. I will place them in soil in the morning.

The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm for a few days. If it gets chilly again I will run the heater at night as needed. This is a week or a little more sooner than I had originally planned to germinate seeds. Hoping for a sunny May to get everything off to a good start. Happy growing my friends. Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
farmerlion said:
The seeds germinating and warming on the heat pad. The color and the days of the week were used to label each strain. I used little vitamin containers to soak the seeds in a Humic Source Plus and water solution. I'm not waiting for the seeds to pop. Just letting them sit over night. I will place them in soil in the morning.

That's a cool and clever procedure!

Loving the detail, eases a lot to learn!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Good morning my friend's, everything is in the soil now. I let the water warm in the sun for a while. Then give the potting soil a light watering. I will check on them a couple times a day and get a better feeling for water evaporation.
Now it's up to mother nature, I'll try to stay out of her way. She has been doing this a lot longer than me. Many times doing nothing is the right thing to do.
Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion

Very neat job preparing the greenhouse! :) Glad to know you are already germinating the seeds for this season. Best wishes friend!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Kind of starting???

Kind of starting???

So it begins, It's just a sprout but it's a plant so it counts as a grow. lol

I screwed myself and wasted some seeds...again. I was impatient thinking I did something wrong. I may have? I had the seeds warming on the heat mat. Normally I have another tray on top of the mat then the seed containers. I thought I may have cooked the seeds, getting them to hot. Four days had passed and I had nothing coming up. So I placed new seeds in container on top of second layer. About half of then have a tap root coming out now. I will put them in the grow bags after the race is over.

In the mean time one of the bags has life! I might have jumped the gun a little. Either way I know I will have a reason to buy more seeds. The wife has heard all my excuses on why I need to buy more seeds.

My little thermometer shit the bed. Momma is already getting me another one. Since I'm going to have some extra germinated seeds. I freshened up a couple of old holes outside. I will place two Erdpurts and a Panama D/C (Deep Chunk) in them.
I will water them and give nutrients throughout the summer. I may let them struggle a little on their own. I'm curious how they would do as a natural plant here. So anyway that's what is going on here today. I hope you all have a great upcoming week.
Peace :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
ufff... I hear you farmerlion! I thought mine for outdoors may not do it also, they sprouted today! 6 days!

Feels like back at school, uh!? ;)

Glad you made it! And those extra spots wil be interesting to follow, no doubt! :lurk: :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Yah Repuk, I'm like a little kid at Christmas every year. Wanting to open presents and having to wait. I know how this works, so why is it so hard to wait. I do better letting the tap root come out.
I don't like handling the seeds at that stage. But it's better than germinating two sets of seeds and wasting genetics. But I'm having a great time being mad at myself and being in the greenhouse.
Peace

Kaskadian

Veteran
Got some babies popping out eh? IT BEGINS! Looking forward to watching a bunch more babies pop their heads out of the soil. Keep us updated! :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Grabbing a deck chair and a straw hat just outside your greenhouse doors :D Just had a brief look through your 2017 album and the lovely plants inside. looking forward to the Erdpurt x Lebanese especially. Much luck for a good season

G

Cmon' now FL,I am sure(and your wife must be ,too :biggrin: ) that it was a well-played scheme just to buy even more seeds ...:tongue:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Syd, there's no doubt of my true intentions. I love cool mail!

Kalbhairav, thanks for stopping by and checking things out. 2017 went well, and I have higher expectations for 2018. Things just seem to go slow this time of the year. I am excited about the Ace line up this season. Should have all the girls up in the next couple of days. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Each day more kids are joining the party. I have been extremely busy at work. I could post pictures of seedlings but they all look the same.
In the coming weeks it will start going faster with pictures and reports from notes. Happy Mother's Day to all you incredible ladies out there.
God Bless. Peace

Kaskadian

Veteran
Each day more kids are joining the party. I have been extremely busy at work. I could post pictures of seedlings but they all look the same.
In the coming weeks it will start going faster with pictures and reports from notes. Happy Mother's Day to all you incredible ladies out there.
God Bless. Peace

Looking forward to seeing them brudduh! :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello all, I'm not sure what's going on? My Auto Malawi x Northern lights f3's didn't want to germinate. So I'm skipping them and moving the (Purple Malawi x PCK #47) x Nepjam into the 45 gallon grow bag. The Miners Wife didn't want to germinate either so I replaced it with a Kush-n-Cheese. I also added Critical Cheese and Blueberry Thai (mostly indica). Outside joining the two Erdpurts and one Panama Deep Chunk is two original Gorilla Glues and a Panama Deep Chunk x PCK. I will have pictures of the greenhouse and outside plants in a week.
Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts