What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best way to approach outdoor garden that dealt with russet/broad mite infestation

theJointedOne

Veteran
Hi. I am looking at taking over a property that last year I was told had a russet mite infestation last season.

How should I address this? Should I spray h2o2 around the garden? Should I h2o2 drench the soil a few times?

Any and all ideas and info welcome.

Thanks.

jidoka

H2o2 would be really harsh on the microbes you will be relying on to feed your plant. A healthy plant can defend itself against russets. Their reputation far exceeds the truth. Enhance your microbes...don’t go all killing fields on them.

Get some micronized sulfur (key to life silver bullet works regardless of them being c u n t s). 5 ml/gal, some fulvic and a wetting agent. Spray preventatively in veg if you want

Most important get a soil test and see if you can get balanced. If you can, no worries. If you can’t keep that sulfur handy.

You know both threads where you can get help

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I would never spray sulfur on any Cannabis plant even in veg...
Unless you want people to smoke sulfur?
It will be tested and found, and I can smell and taste it even if in only veg.

Find the non-Cannabis plants outdoors that harbor the pests, get rid of them, they had to come from someplace.
Unless the grower on the property brought the mites on the Cannabis plants he grew last year?
-SamS

Last edited:
O
I would never spray sulfur on any Cannabis plant even in veg...
Unless you want people to smoke sulfur?
It will be tested and found, and I can smell and taste it even if in only veg.

Find the non-Cannabis plants outdoors that harbor the pests, get rid of them, they had to come from someplace.
Unless the grower on the property brought the mites on the Cannabis plants he grew last year?
-SamS

They are known to hitch rides on whiteflies and small moths so that couldve been the vector. If you see a lot buzzing around it might be a good idea to put a uv light fly trap nearby. Not sure if that would affect their photoperiod though so dont put it right next to them.

iTarzan

I think he means now, when the property does not have any pot plants on it. The sulfur would be gone when the grow started.

I want to hear a description of the property. Is it a greenhouse, open field, many trees or bushes? Offhand I would chop, rake, burn and then sulfur if needed.

I think he means now, when the property does not have any pot plants on it. The sulfur would be gone when the grow started.

I want to hear a description of the property. Is it a greenhouse, open field, many trees or bushes? Offhand I would chop, rake, burn and then sulfur if needed.

As long as the sulfur gets leached out before any plants go in then yeah your right 100%. Agreed we need more info to make up a plan

jidoka

Try growing a plant w/o sulfur and get back to me. Perhaps a cruiferious vegetable

Edit...fuck, try living w/o sulfur

The main thing is you dont want it around dusting the plant and getting on flowers i think we all understand that sulfur is a important micro nutrient.

Its fine as long as it gets leached down into the soil and not caking the top soil and blowing around onto flowers.

jidoka

Lol...if I spray say Ca do you smoke raw Ca or does it form a molecule, or an organic molecule in the plant? Are you a biologist? Or just a nut rider?

Lol...if I spray say Ca do you smoke raw Ca or does it form a molecule, or an organic molecule in the plant? Are you a biologist? Or just a nut rider?

Im not going to argue with ignorance so this is the last thing i'll say on this lol. Spraying liquid nutes will absorb yes but tbh you shouldnt even be doing that after flowering is well underway. If you think dusting flowers with sulfur dust is fine like i said go for it but keep that stuff in your own bowl man.