What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2kw Perpetual Flip-flop SOG & Scrog

Cannabean

Hi! some of you may have seen my grows on the hydro forums but as I have been in 100% coco for some time, it's fitting for a new thread.

This is what I do

Mother/Clone Room
- clonelab
- 6 bulb 4' t5
- S&P TD100
- mothers in 4" or 6" pots

current mothers:
blue dream haze
dubtech7 aka dubble technology #7
casey jones
tahoe og
gdp

currently rooting:
50 blue dream haze
20 dubtech 7
1 of each og; tahoe, trill, blackwater, triple, southwest, venus

all ogs and dubtech7 from ape. bdh sourced myself

SOG veg chamber
- 2x2x5' tent
- 6 bulb 2' t5

this is where i harden off sog clones for 1-7 days before they are potted up and flowered out, length of veg is strain dependant; bdh is 0-2 days; gdp, tahoe, dubtech are 4-7 days veg

each month i take 28 sog clones and pot them into dixie cups of coco after rooting

currently there are a bunch of random micro moms that are waiting to be killed or kept, depending on who makes the cut after the oct 1st harvest.

Scrog / test room
- 4x4' tent
- 1kw digilux in 8" hood
- 760 cfm vortex on passive circ
- 8"x24" carbon filter
- 3'x3' inside dimensions botanicare tray

this is where i test new strains, flower out old moms, and generally grow bigger plants in a non-SOG, non-sealed room. sometimes I will SOG this tent with 36 BDH.

it's overgrown for only 11 days in, I know. I'll have to lower the table 8" but that's all the room I have to work with.

Flower nutes
house & garden hydros a&b (since i recirc)
h&g bud xl
h&g top booster
carboload
dripclean

currently on day 11 of a scrog with the following strains

any requests for other pics, pics of strains, method, equipment,etc let me know, I have a ton of pictures from the last 6 years. sog tent and more to come...

Cannabean

here are some of my past adventures:

blue dream haze (dj shorts blueberry x nevilles haze) aka BDH not to be confused with 'blue dream' ssh crap that is everywhere in socal nowadays.
this is the real deal cut sourced myself from solana beach in 2008 when it was released off lockdown. she's been my go-to mom ever since, best strain i've ever grown.

sog with 2 day veg, day 60 chop

Cannabean

Grandaddy purple aka gdp: these pics are of the Royal cut. I no longer have the royal cut and the cut I have is difficult to manage. I will be getting rid of my current gdp when I find Royal or Ken's again.

HankHanglow

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'm going to be setting up my space here in a few weeks and was leaning towards your style. I'll check out your past threads. Keep us posted!

Cannabean

thanks you guys!! i am not liking this 5 picture per post limit though...

some other APE sourced strains i enjoyed flowering

casey jones

shrom

raskal's 93 super skunk
(r@skal if his name is still censored on these forums)

bing (bred by bbing - bdh x master kush ultra)

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice flowers man very colorful and healthy!

Im in coco dtw and was wondering what/how your system in flower works. Specifically what are the black things going all the way into coco. Im trying to find a way to water the whole pot.

Right now i use 2 drippers per 3 gal pot but some roots are sure to still dry up. I just have tubing stakes holding the open 1/4 line in pot. Water flows out into one spot...

Cannabean

SOG room

- 5x5 growlab sealed with co2
- 1kw digilux in 8" hood
- 760 cfm vortex on sealed line venting light only
- 8"x24" carbon filter
- two 2'x4' (24" x 42" inside dimensions) botanicare trays

this is my main room where I run 28 plants each 2x4 table in 6" pots, 4per sq ft.

sealed vent line for light

27 gal reservoirs for coco recirc

the tent has little holes cut for the pump/drain lines since the res sit outside the tent

vortex 747 cfm fan pulling through 2 lights (one on at a time). mounted and muffled it is noiseless

i use a powerbox flipbox to flip flop my single 1kw digital balast between my two flower tents

Cannabean

Nice flowers man very colorful and healthy!

Im in coco dtw and was wondering what/how your system in flower works. Specifically what are the black things going all the way into coco. Im trying to find a way to water the whole pot.

Right now i use 2 drippers per 3 gal pot but some roots are sure to still dry up. I just have tubing stakes holding the open 1/4 line in pot. Water flows out into one spot...

thanks catfish billy, i use these little things on the end of 1/4" lines topfed similar to how yours sounds. these are not drippers, they just have a V shape of plastic which kinda sprays the water in a 45" radius. it works really well for spreading the water on the top of coco

maybe use 2 of these per 3gal pot

edit: they are called 45 deg angle drip stakes

Cannabean

I usually clone 60-80 cuts to take 40 of the strongest. here is the sog veg chamber filled with 31 clones

after a few days of veg out of the cloner in dixie cups, the plants are potted up to 6" pots they will be flowered in for SOG

28 pots per table, topfed through 1/4' lines with angle stakes, fed once or twice a day ec 1.5-1.8

SOG tent day 1

scrog tent day 25
i was able to lower the table but now I cant use gravity to recirc. this is now a DTW table.

i think its looking nice

Cannabean

day 39 scrog tent.

sorry for the poor quality phone pics, i cant justify buying a camera just to take pictures of pot

Cannabean

thanks for the kind words fellas

Cloning

i struggled with cloning for a long time...could never get the moisture right in the dome or in the rooting medium. stems would rot, leaves would rot, medium would dry out. lots of trial and failure and i'm still learning.

now i get about 90% rooted after 14 days. i always take full racks of cuts to ensure moisture in the dome, even if I don't need 50 clones. I like taking big tall strong cuts since they need momentum to be flowered right after rooting.

i first use scissors to cut the plant. On a 6"+ cut leave 1-2 nodes intact, take off the bottom fan leaf, and crop the leaves. then make an angled cut on the stem with a clean scalpel.

shave off just a tiny layer around the stem. i try not to shave down to the white part of the stem and get better results the less deep I shave off. it doesnt need much.

dip it in root gel, i use roottech. its alright it works. then plant into rooter. I use mad farmer rooters.
never had much luck with rapid rooters, rockwool is good if you can keep the moisture levels right, but Mad farmer rooters are really simple and carefree, moisture levels stay very consistent.

after a full rack of cuts are taken, give the cuts and the dome a light misting. I do not use a heat pad, heat tends to cause mildew and mold.

i fill the tray with about 1cm of water with some mycos and keep the rooter tray elevated above the water. you can see how this works in the next pic.

BDH starts to show roots at 8 days, DT7 at 10 days. I get usually 100% root success with BDH after 10-14 days. DT7 I get around 80% success after 14 days. GDP clones quickly as well but I struggle with the OGs.

bdh after 10 days, ready to plant into dixie cup for 3-5 days before flowering

stay tuned. SOG tent update coming soon and scrog tent is being harvested next week. lots of nug pictures (and work) to come

Cannabean

thanks and welcome back Hank. they are 1-2" taller than in the pic above when flipped to flower, about 8"

this one is getting flipped tonight

just set the left table in the sog tent. These are all about 8-9" when flipped to flower. the table on the right was flipped when they were much too tall and their stretch is getting out of control. scroll up a bit to see day 1 of the right table, that's too tall for my setup.

left table will look much better

SOG Tent
Left: day 1, 28 BDH. Right: day 20

jbones81

all I gatta say cannabean you are a true master of your world over there that's very impressive the pics are great I have been messing around with coco for about three grows now been running in soil for 5 years the coco I am using at this time is extreme coir got 45 bags for free from the local hydro shop but also have canna coco also the nutrients I use is h&g coco I also have the canna nutrients but not using them at this time the two runs I did didn't go to great thay worked but I love running multipale nutrients at once I also run fabric 5 gal bags been loving the coco lately so to rap it up thanks for all the great info