What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EC/PPM guidelines for coco?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah what in the actual fuck.

A tsp of AN pH Down should pH a reservoir unless you live on a dolomite mine.

You added.. 50-100 times that.

Mix your reservoirs slower. Rushing just leads to failure faster.

Your EC guideline is fucked too. EC 1.0-1.5.

This is why I suggest people read the stickies and megathreads. Learn the basics.

Good luck.

slipdefeu

Hello!

I use to grow in cogr dtw under 600W hps, my total ec never pass over 1 (tapwater 0.4 included in)

My girls are at 17 days in BT and my total ec is 0.8<ec<0.9 today since 2 days (en of stretch) and will stay the same until the final flush.

One flush per week.

Nutes are A+B, nothing more from start to end. (trichodermas in (grow period) and molasse (grow+flush)

Plants looks healthy

Maybe someone could explain me why lots of feeding shemas i see are talking about increase nutes during the bloom period?

I can see lots of growers who overfeed their growrooms, ok maybe the final product finish heavier, but what's the deal if you plans to smoke it? :biggrin:

Another thing, if the bad happens during flower time (ex: ec drain = 3 ^^), you can flush as you want final product is not acceptable ama

so i wonder why people like to see plastic burned leaves if it's not to thanks nutes sellers ok ---> []

Vibes :tiphat:

coxnox

Veteran
same here, 1.2 in grow maximum(usually i'm more at 0.9 with 0.3tap water)and in bloom 0.8maximum(still with the 0.3 tap water)...no flush but i drain every feed.
so i don't even use 1/4 of the full dose recommened by canna...

slipdefeu

i'm going under 200ppm nutes atm
some are a bit hungry and some look almost surfertized, so i'll let things going like that until the final flush :tiphat:

Phases

Why is it that you can feed such a low amount of nutrients in coco?

I never go over 1.2 and I still sometimes have my girls looking a lil dark and over fed.

maimunji

Last grow in coco hempy hand watering every day, once per day. Plants show me pale new leaves and cal def if I not give em full dose cal mag every time ec is 2.0. This time I switch to pure coco and blumats and go for recommended ec 1.2 from many great growers here from what I see plant love it only lush green and no deficiency. Why is that? Why plants isn't happy with low ec in coco hempy is perlite at the bottom can be a reason? When I harvest I find one plant don't want to put roots in perlite and no root bound in bucket. Others have roots down there. I hope for better harvest now.

coxnox

Veteran
If you had to add calmag then you putted to much nutes and that make that some elements was unvaible for your plants...i never had to add calmag even with ro.

maimunji

Full dose every water 300 ppm (0.6) ec over my tap water which is 150 ppm. 450 ppm total of starting water after adding basic nutes I hit 2.0 ec. Crazy but this is only way to keep them without cal def.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
There is a lot at play

There is a lot at play

Feed strength is decided by temp., humidity, co2, feed frequency, plant size, light intensity.. With conditions in ideal/maxed circumstances I peak at around 800 ppms in about the 5th-7th week of flower. Environment plays a big role in what the plants can uptake. That's with temps in the 80s, humidity in the 70s, co2 around 1100, and feeding 10-15% of 3 gallon container volume 4-5 times a day under 1150 watt de. Before that peak I feed a little less often with a touch less ppm. You can grow strong healthy plants with much less but you miss some potential in the end.

coxnox

Veteran
Full dose every water 300 ppm (0.6) ec over my tap water which is 150 ppm. 450 ppm total of starting water after adding basic nutes I hit 2.0 ec. Crazy but this is only way to keep them without cal def.

then you have a problem...it's not normal to get any calmag deficiency with such much base nutes...what nutes do you use ? canna ?

@it'smychoice: of course ;)
but about missing some potential, all i can say is i haven't any better results with high ec, specially in the smell and taste dept. ;)

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It certianly matters what makes up your ppms

It certianly matters what makes up your ppms

But all the other factors are what have the most influence. If taste and smell were the deciding factor I would grow in soil but I have no desire to go back after coco. New millinieum at 12-4-5 per gallon and it smells and tastes as good as anything I have seen consistently and the quantity is very satisfying.

maimunji

Yes coxnox canna coco a&b I start at 5 ml per gal then after slow growth I up to 8, 10, 12 and I can't see improvement after that I start to add cal mag from 1/4 dose then 1/2 dose then full dose every watering and finally cal def dissappear plants is healthy but cal mag have 4%N. All plants finish without deficiency but with dark green leaves. I change this time to h&g coco and pure coco with blumats(no more coco hempy for me) now ec is 1.2 including tap water 0.3 e.c plants looks lush and healthy and grow without deficiency for now. hope for better quallity this is size of one of my plant in coco hempy previous grow. Dont know why I need to add so much cal mag maybe its something with perlite at the bottom 2"

coxnox

Veteran
@It'smychoice: if you're happy with what yu get then it's all good, all i'm saying is i did try with high ec(1.6), mid and low...in my case the best finished product is with low ec and a lot of drain, and the yield didn't suffer from this low ec, so i don't understand your comment about the missing potential ?

@mainmunji: i can't understand why you have to add so much base first...look here is a grow straight AB with max ec 1.2 in grow and stretch and 1.05 in bloom with a tap water of 0.6...with ro i'm lower

here is the pictures, UK Cheese and Livers grow:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The final result of this grow was 1150gr of nice bud(the lower buds have been used for making hash) with 1200W...with only 6plants in 3.5L(1gallon) container in a 150x150box

Attachments

• post-42-0-85095400-1433713834.jpg
    post-42-0-85095400-1433713834.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 46
  • post-42-0-48138900-1436394242.jpg
    post-42-0-48138900-1436394242.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 38
  • post-42-0-81918100-1437500493.jpg
    post-42-0-81918100-1437500493.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 30
  • post-42-0-85487100-1439312758.jpg
    post-42-0-85487100-1439312758.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 33
  • post-42-0-59627500-1440342090.jpg
    post-42-0-59627500-1440342090.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 29

maimunji

Amazing run coxnox. How do you think is this results possible with hand watering once per day or such low ec only work with multiple watering? What brand is bulbs? Do you use boosters? Which basic nutes?

Last edited:

coxnox

Veteran
Hi,

Thanks, i use canna cogr ab with cogr or ugro(pot) substrate, no additives, no booster exept potassium silicate(aptus regulator in that case, now i use grotek prosilicate), so allmost straight AB.
I don't like roots stim, zym and other additives with organic product inside because it's make my solution(water and nutes) smell very bad in 4 or 5days...and i don't like to wash my rez and all the irrigation every times i refill the rez, so i don't put anymore and i didn't notice any differance.

Of course i think it's possible even with hand watering(i don't water them 5times a day here, never had to...), about the ec i can't say what will work the best for you but all i can say start with low ec and check the ec's drain to know if you need to push more or less.
If they turn a little yellow it's not a problem, in veg a deficiency is easy to manage, a nutes burn is much more trouble than some yellowing leaf.

maimunji

Why you lowering ec in bloom instead of push them hard? This is strange and I never hear about this before look like every feeding schedule work from low to high.
Do you noticed build up in drain when you run nutes 1.3? Do you need to flush from time to time with such low ec?

Last edited:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Very nice

Very nice

Your quality looks great and is a testament to your attention to detail. Do you have significant runoff? Do you do foliar sprays in early flower? No disrespect and I believe there is much more to it than a ppm number but the missed potential is the difference between 1 gpw and 1.5 gpw. I learn every run.

slipdefeu

@maimunji i think that roots become fragile from the end of stretch, capacity of elements absorbtion decrease drastic.
Never got a clone who looks to want more than ec1.2 (0.3 tap included) in flower stage.

Not necessary a run off ec build-up with 1.3 but some strains are turning dark green at least and look almost overfeed with this level, hard to get the leaves yellow during the final flush, even if you finally achieve to a nice scenescence, final product stays affected/taste could be compromise.

@Itsmychoice i think you can obtain some decent yields with low feeding, ok that's possible to increase it with high feed but if something wrong happens, the risk to botch your crop and smoke shit increase too:biggrin:

:tiphat:

coxnox

Veteran
@maimunji: i just do what the drain tell me to do, at the end of the stretch the drain go up so that's tell me that they don't want so much...so i put less...simple as that.

I don't look nutes program anymore, they want you use more to buy more...very simple to understand why.... :biggrin:

@it'smychoice: yes i do runoff every feed...around 20% daily.
you do 1.5gpw with the cheese cutting ? can i see this somewhere ? :biggrin: but on thing is, you will not make me believe that it's only the amount nutes that make that differance of yield...you do co2 not ? :biggrin:
you know i'm only a newbie in the coco dept trying to get the best quality with the minimum money and time. :biggrin:

@sdf: maybe i wrongly understand but i think he sayed he don't smoke ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts