What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush, and Trainwreck. Drain to waste coco with House & Garden Nutes

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Very impressive set up Mo...Look like that night shade is gonna be a winner. Wonder what the genetic make up is>>>>Keep up the good work brohamski<>

OP

Mo Budz

Thanks everyone. Week 6 is starting today, and there will be more pics soon. That shooting powder is really doing its job. Colas are swelling more and more by the day.

Hey oliver, I'm not too sure the exact lineage of the NS. I'm thinking its some kind of cross with blackberry, as it is a true purple strain from the start. It has a very sweet smell, and the smoke reminds me of some kind of insence when you walk into a room of it. Definentally not the most potent, but very flavorfull, and a good morning time smoke.

Thanks again, and some pics later.

S

split kooks

I REALLLY THINK YER GOIN SOMEWHERE HERE :)

GREAT GROWIN!

btw.......woulf your reccomend shooting powder for other coco grows?

Oregonic

Yo Mo hope the ladies are lovin life... gotta love this H&G. Lookin forward to the next update; I like comparin my girls to yours cause they're exactly a week behind and runnin the same program.

Big up yourself

:joint:
Oregonic

Mo Budz

I REALLLY THINK YER GOIN SOMEWHERE HERE :)

GREAT GROWIN!

btw.......woulf your reccomend shooting powder for other coco grows?

Thanks Split.

Yo Mo hope the ladies are lovin life... gotta love this H&G. Lookin forward to the next update; I like comparin my girls to yours cause they're exactly a week behind and runnin the same program.

Big up yourself

:joint:
Oregonic

Hey Oregonic. Sorry fo the delay. I just got some pics of these babies at the end of week 6. They are at day 41 of flower, and are really starting to pack on some weight. The fans are starting to yellow a little bit which is what I usally strive for by the begining of week 7. By week 8, I like the fans to really start yellowing. Makes for a much smoother smoke. Thanks again.

Garden at day 41.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OG Kush
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Train Wreck
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Night Shade
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Week 6 Feeding
picture.php

G

guest5703

MY GOOD GOD!!! Dude you are fucking dialed!!!! Some over the top Grade A work here, I am seriously so impressed!(it takes a lot)

Looks like at 41 days they are already showing they will have a decent yield! The TW is big dude, the nightshade what a fantastic color!!! The OG, ooooh my, dude you have got some great shots too. I think you should be checking the photo of the month nominations, I see some pics I might want to nominate!

Wonderful job, how long have you been growing if you don't mind me askin? Soo dialed. haha alright I'm gonna clean all this drool up off your floor and get outta here!! PEACE

Mo Budz

MY GOOD GOD!!! Dude you are fucking dialed!!!! Some over the top Grade A work here, I am seriously so impressed!(it takes a lot)

Looks like at 41 days they are already showing they will have a decent yield! The TW is big dude, the nightshade what a fantastic color!!! The OG, ooooh my, dude you have got some great shots too. I think you should be checking the photo of the month nominations, I see some pics I might want to nominate!

Wonderful job, how long have you been growing if you don't mind me askin? Soo dialed. haha alright I'm gonna clean all this drool up off your floor and get outta here!! PEACE

Thanks cali, I really appreciate the feedback. I fell in love with the coco about 3 or 4 years ago, and have been doing the indoor thing for about 11 years. It's been alot of trial and error over time, and I have tried ALOT of different fertilizers and mediums (fried quite a few) :wallbash:. Coco is by far the easiest, and most forgiving medium I have ever used. And the H&G nutes are very high quality and consistant. Over the past few years, I have been perfecting the coco and there really isnt any other medium I would switch to as of now. I'm really hoping for at least 3-1/2 off the 2 lights. Anything over 4 would be a blessing tho....:D. Week 7 starts today, and I was late taking the pics last week. I will update twards the end of this week with some more shots. They are gonna get one more treatment of shooting powder, so hopefully they will be a little more swollen by the end of the show.

Thanks again bro.

green fingaz cheers!

Thanks esbe

Praxis

Your shooting powder costs more then $2.60 (I wish it was that cheap) try $26.00.

Great grow you got there and I am basically doing the same as you with 6 plants under cmh 400/250, h&g and NOT gonna use evil top booster this time lol.

Peace

max_well

Mo!
beautiful work here! And very clear documentation, thanks for the time you've put in to making your grow style very easy to understand.
In your early posts you mention that you veg under t-8 fluorescent light for ~10-14 days. I'm curious, do you veg for any time under your 1000 watt lights after you transplant into the 2 gallon bags? Also, do you top your plants at any point?
I've been trying to determine ideal container sizes for coco plants, as I have seen folks with big plants in small containers (relative to soil grows). Have you tried cutting down your coco amount per plant ?
thanks again, all the best
Max

cali mike

I have a similar setup- same trays and drip to waste except Im using the 6" x 6" Botanicare Boss Blocks. I have stuck with CNS 17 for coco the whole time with various additives. My question is would you suggest using the House and Garden Shooting powder in combination with CNS 17? You mentioned that it really helps "put on weight" how does it acomplish this? Have you ever used molasses and if not why do you not use it in this grow?

Thanks in advance for the answers and very nice setup and show diary.

CM

Mo Budz

Top notch! I gotta come back and peruse the whole thing! you deserve a nom for this for sure!:yoinks:
RM

Thanks Retardo.

Your shooting powder costs more then $2.60 (I wish it was that cheap) try $26.00.

Great grow you got there and I am basically doing the same as you with 6 plants under cmh 400/250, h&g and NOT gonna use evil top booster this time lol.

Peace

Thanks Praxis. That 2.60 on there is actually the ammount per gallon. I wish it actually broke down each nute's cost per mix with the total. But I get the shooting powder for about 20.00 (2 packs) per res change. Top booster has worked for me in the past, but I have also hurt my crops with it too, so I figure I can work without it.

Mo!
beautiful work here! And very clear documentation, thanks for the time you've put in to making your grow style very easy to understand.
In your early posts you mention that you veg under t-8 fluorescent light for ~10-14 days. I'm curious, do you veg for any time under your 1000 watt lights after you transplant into the 2 gallon bags? Also, do you top your plants at any point?
I've been trying to determine ideal container sizes for coco plants, as I have seen folks with big plants in small containers (relative to soil grows). Have you tried cutting down your coco amount per plant ?
thanks again, all the best
Max

Hey Max. I only veg under the T-8 fluoro's. My room always has something flowering in it, so I can't veg under the 1000's. I top them usually as soon as they are rooted when I transplant them into the 4" containers under the T-8's. If im doing a strain like grand daddy purps, I top them and I put 25 per light rather then 20 since its more of a compact strain. But for the most part I like to top them all after they are rooted. As far as container size, I used to run 1 gallon containers but I think I yeild better off of the 2 gallons. I have had some 2oz plants in 1 gals, but much more consistant yeilds in the 2 gals. Thanks again max, and I hope this helped clear things up a little.

I have a similar setup- same trays and drip to waste except Im using the 6" x 6" Botanicare Boss Blocks. I have stuck with CNS 17 for coco the whole time with various additives. My question is would you suggest using the House and Garden Shooting powder in combination with CNS 17? You mentioned that it really helps "put on weight" how does it acomplish this? Have you ever used molasses and if not why do you not use it in this grow?

Thanks in advance for the answers and very nice setup and show diary.

CM

Hey cali mike. I used to use the 8" boss cubes, but I cant stand the hydrating process of those things. Im not sure if you ever had this happen, but every now and then I would get one that was almost all root mat and very little coco. As far as using the shooting powder with the cns17, I'm sure it would work great. Base nutrients are preference and you can get great yeilds with alot of different nute lines.

The shooting powder is a late bloom flower stimulator like AN's overdrive and many others like it. I personally have had the best results in my finished product using shooting powder. When I used to run advanced nutrients, I was using all their bloom stimulators that their calculator called for, and never got results like I get now. Here is a link to what H&G says about their product.

http://www.house-garden.us/shooting%20pwdr%20report.pdf

I have never used molasses in any of my hydro grows. I've always been carefull what I add to my reservoir ever since running AN. Too many addatives has always caused me more problems then not, especially with the reservoirs getting nasty. I'm sure the molasses would have a positive effect on any microbial life in the coco, but it would be something I would have to do a controlled experiment with a small setup so i dont risk damaging a whole crop.

Thanks again everyone for all your interest. I will have more pics to come soon.

max_well

Thanks Mo
THis thread has been really thought provoking-- please keep us updated, I can't wait to see how this turns out!
One question about your nute regiment: you mentioned earlier that you fill your rez half up with RO water for the last few days of each week.. do you do this as a means of flushing? Is the remainder of this solution that is left in your rez what is accounting for the initial ppm amounts that are noted in each weeks fill up regiment? thanks in advance for clarification and good luck with the finish!
all the best
Max

Mo, top notch set up and program. Plants look so healthy and happy. I have no ?'s just praise. Thank you for posting your set up and your pics are HT worthy, if not better. Any updates on the GDP experiment?

Strong Work! A motivating thread for me.

Have you tried the Botanicare CocoGro Boss blocks? I am interested in switching to Coco and it looks like these blocks are readily available. Any advice is appreciated... thank you

Oregonic

Strong Work! A motivating thread for me.

Have you tried the Botanicare CocoGro Boss blocks? I am interested in switching to Coco and it looks like these blocks are readily available. Any advice is appreciated... thank you

He talked about those boss blocks in his last post, which was only three posts before yours -- if you spent your own time reading the whole thread you wouldn't have to waste others instead.

Thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious. I'm a little embarrassed. Especially since I read the thread and still glazed over that response.

After looking over the thread again, would you recommend the Boss Blocks for a first Coco grow?

Sorry again for asking a dumb question.