What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Strains To Make Hash With?

Almost all the Papaya Strains from Oni Seed are some major Hash yielders and for sure bascially anything with GMO in it. Yields and Terps on these.
Also R- Kiem Seeds Strain Haribo is a great strain for Hash giving around 15% return with the right Pheno.
This would be my bet.

JockBudman

From what I've read, I'd say you're looking for something with a loose flower structure, copious resin production and glands with good sized stalks that will make the heads easier to dislodge.

Most hashplants as they're sold are tight budding with small glands which is great for bag appeal and passing through many hands before being smoked, but not great for dislodging gland heads in a traditional sift.

If I was you, I'd look at real seed company and try to get some landrace strains from the middle East. A lot of them produce very "sativa" looking plants with open flowers and dry resin.

Just for reference, here's a plant I grew from a cross of aghan hashplant and Afghan kush

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Poorly grown and very low yielding but you can see the loose structure with plenty of sugar leaf and lots of resin. Would've made decent sift if I'd had a few more of them.

Basically you want the opposite of what most people look for in a plant these days :laughing:

Carraxe

Veteran
I'd choose plants that have been developed in hash producing countries like Taskenti from Uzbekistan, and several others from Pakistan and Afghanistan. They have the kind of big glands and special smells that make the real hash.

jjonahjameson

From what I've read, I'd say you're looking for something with a loose flower structure, copious resin production and glands with good sized stalks that will make the heads easier to dislodge.

Most hashplants as they're sold are tight budding with small glands which is great for bag appeal and passing through many hands before being smoked, but not great for dislodging gland heads in a traditional sift.
I second this.
I have some strains foxtail a lot, and those are terrific because more exposed surface area with trichomes. It's just easier. We don't make the hash the traditional middle Eastern way so I agree wholeheartedly. Loose flower structure. Especially for quantity.
Denser buds are harder simply because you have to break them up, and that's fine but very time consuming.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, Bubba Hash from ACE might be a good line to look into if you want hashy stuff. Afghan Kush from WOS is another good hashy and cheap line to look into.
My three BHs are only in veg and these all ready have some seriously hashy and spicey notes on them.

-
-
One thing i can recommend is adding CBD rich plant into your home made hash mix. It will make your home made extract feel more like real hashish made in Central Asia, Lebanon or Marocco. It will take some of the edge of the THC rush making the effect abit calmer and "kinder"; more comfortable. Try it. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the amount of flower you use for your extract, if you have a CBD rich plant that is at least 10% CBD.

Barney's CBD Critical Cure (cbd version of their Critical Kush) has some very strong plants in the line that are easily over 10% CBD with a good bit of THC as well. Big yields, nice citrusy kushy skunky aromas and a good amount of oily resin on some of them.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
once made bho from dinafem bubba kush cbd because the potency was to weak for me. yield was good and smoking that stuff was like smoking real good hash.
you should dev add some cbd strain to your hash

MD84

Personally i wouldn't bother with the oldschool 'hashplants'. The terps and frost coverage you get on the newschool varieties simply blow them out of the water imho. Which is probably why some of these traditional hash producing areas are now using the newer vars themselves. There's been alot of breeding and selecting going on since these early 'hash' strains were found......

therevverend

Veteran
I've never tried The White itself but I'd think it would make excellent hashish. The hybrids I've tried have been great. I've tried Bodhi's White lotus, White x Snow Lotus. Produced ridiculous amounts of resin. Ancient OG is just as good, I was making balls of finger hashish and scraping the scissors multiple times from trimming a branch or two. When you're trimming you get a feel for how resinous a plant is and it's crazy the difference between Ancient Og and basically anything else.

Another one I remember from years back is White Russian, the flowers themselves were nice but not special, the hash production was off the charts. Beautiful silver color, great hashy taste, the best ganja is not always the best hashplant. Another Bodhi that impressed me was Love Triangle. Another Snow Lotus hybrid. I'd like to make hashish out of Original Glue or one of it's hybrids, it has the look, the silver frost that makes the best hashish. You can make hash out of any ganja, all you need is resin and a screen, but certain plants are producers.

Personally i wouldn't bother with the oldschool 'hashplants'.

Actually 'Old School Hashplant', Bodhi's (PNW Hashplant x 88G13HP) is a good one. You need to be selective, there's heavy wide leaf Afghan types that really aren't that resinous. Anything with 88G13HP is going to be worth trying. A lot of newer hybrids have a sticky type of resin, doesn't shed off the plant easily. I wouldn't go for a lot of the 'loud terp' type stuff. It's too greasy, dry resin works better. 88G13HP has that dry resin that's got a different type of stickiness. On the other hand you'll find something that's very sticky, Glue type, that sheds resin like crazy. If you get it cold, dry ice, water extraction, or sift in the winter when it's cold, and you'll be amazed how much keeps coming off the flowers.

MD84

I've never tried The White itself but I'd think it would make excellent hashish. The hybrids I've tried have been great. I've tried Bodhi's White lotus, White x Snow Lotus. Produced ridiculous amounts of resin. Ancient OG is just as good, I was making balls of finger hashish and scraping the scissors multiple times from trimming a branch or two. When you're trimming you get a feel for how resinous a plant is and it's crazy the difference between Ancient Og and basically anything else.

Another one I remember from years back is White Russian, the flowers themselves were nice but not special, the hash production was off the charts. Beautiful silver color, great hashy taste, the best ganja is not always the best hashplant. Another Bodhi that impressed me was Love Triangle. Another Snow Lotus hybrid. I'd like to make hashish out of Original Glue or one of it's hybrids, it has the look, the silver frost that makes the best hashish. You can make hash out of any ganja, all you need is resin and a screen, but certain plants are producers.

Actually 'Old School Hashplant', Bodhi's (PNW Hashplant x 88G13HP) is a good one. You need to be selective, there's heavy wide leaf Afghan types that really aren't that resinous. Anything with 88G13HP is going to be worth trying. A lot of newer hybrids have a sticky type of resin, doesn't shed off the plant easily. I wouldn't go for a lot of the 'loud terp' type stuff. It's too greasy, dry resin works better. 88G13HP has that dry resin that's got a different type of stickiness. On the other hand you'll find something that's very sticky, Glue type, that sheds resin like crazy. If you get it cold, dry ice, water extraction, or sift in the winter when it's cold, and you'll be amazed how much keeps coming off the flowers.

Depends what your final goals are imo. It may suit the OP but these are not varieties i'd look to for hash making. The white is particularly bland and that's just not what i personally like from hashish. For me there's no such thing as 'too greasy'. It just takes more skill to handle and process such material. But again, i guess it depends on your goals. The varieties that have produced most for me were strawberry banana which was pretty shitty terpwise and GG4 which was a monster for extracts.

grayeyes

Connect up with Angus and get yourself some Lebanese. Find out what has been going on for 100's of years.

Latest posts

Latest posts