What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal

theclearspot

Im interested in getting some Nepali landrace seeds when I visit Nepal. How likely am I to find anything like that in the mountains or will it be mixed genetics/dutch imports etc (sorry im not an expert on this so please excuse me if the question is dumb etc)....:comfort:

ahortator

Veteran
This one is one of the most sativa (or NLD) I have ever seen.

village: sauraha
elevation: 150m
classification: full on lowland terrai jungle sativa
aroma: temple ball, soapy, green, spice
notes: this plant is extremely stable and almost indestructible, i have had 5 females in 12oz cups in my mom room for over a year, they dont seem to care if theres no water, light, root space, pm, etc... they are prone to spider mites though, but they dont impact the plant that much. i have also bushmastered (pgr) them into bonsai sativas. should be a unique breeding tool.
471.jpg
It seems the same strain El Rubio shows in this post:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3180874&postcount=73

Have a good trip. Dam mara dam! Bom Shankar, bom Shiva!

Best regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

vostok

Veteran
Do make it to your journal with pics ..don't be like those Dutch GHS guys ..and bring some seeds back, but yeah you can spend a lifetime in them hills token and testing

good luck take good shoes, and a better bong ...lol

C

Cannabisso

Im interested in getting some Nepali landrace seeds when I visit Nepal. How likely am I to find anything like that in the mountains or will it be mixed genetics/dutch imports etc (sorry im not an expert on this so please excuse me if the question is dumb etc)....:comfort:

Enjoy your trip and stay safe.

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Google "nepali cannabis preservation collection project nov 2008"
Bodhi's pictures and notes, amazing info.

you can bet there are landraces, but you can also bet that anything that has polluted that region may have gone feral by genetically drifting due to the environmental triggers in the region, or has had compatibility with the local genetics and improved upon the already great strains in the region.