What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texas growers unite

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I grow indoors near Dallas. :) Im growing Dutch Passions Oasis right now.

wisc2 - I got busted in Ellis co. back in the 80's, for less than an 8th, must have been the same officer. :mad:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Texas

Texas

Im here to represent Austin. Ive just started growing (last year), and just finished a couple of weeks ago my first crop. I grew 8 strains, 6 of those nirvana, the other 2 clones (SSH, and MTF).

I think ive scouted out a pretty nice spot for this years outdoor crop, and if things go as planned, hopefully ill have an outdoor grow underwell as well. I should have some pics on my comp, of the dry and finished product here in the next couple of days, ill try and post them.

bartender187

wisc2

It was the late 80's, and it was ellis, they love to get people going up and down I35. I hate to think what woulda happened if he found the 1/4 I still had hidden in the car:D

G

Austin in the house , Alright!! love that town, Lake Travis rocks

Ellis, Kaufman, Henderson, etc........ Weed Nazi's the whole lot

What sucks is there usually chasin speed labs and coke and us peacefull puffers get caught in the dragnet.

Oh well, I'm off to Hawaii talk to you all in a week or so

Texas Kid

DoctorDro

Hawaii

Hawaii

@ Texas Kid What Island/part of Hawaii will you be going to?

I am looking forward to my trip to Kona (the big insland) in June. I'm really looking forward to that helicopter ride over the volcanoes. I hope I can score some buds for that ride.;)

Anyway, have lots fun...I know I will:p

Buds in Kona?

Buds in Kona?

Check the beaches, walk around Alii Drive in the evening, you should find something. Usually $60 for an 1/8. Be careful. Don't PO the local boys!

medicine man

tokeAcola

I recently had to shut down my indoor stealth project for security reasons. I've got some Skunk #1's and Apollo 11 g4's that are going outside around central TX pretty soon.

6th street Austin rocks!:D

Have fun in Hawaii! Tell us all about it!

Last edited:
G

SuperToker and Tokacola, belly up to the bar

I just got back from Maui....still in a fog

Maui rocks, stayed down at the Hana end for 5 days. It doesn't get anymore relaxing, the weather was great, food was great, and of course the smoke was out of this world.

Big winner this trip was outdoor greenhouse AK-47. perfectly cured puffy, sugar incrusted buds. Damn, I got a tear in my eye just thinking about it.

Nuhiku Indica outdoor was killer and mold resistant because of all the rain right around Nuhiku. I got about 8 seeds out of this guy, so we should have some goodies before long.

And finally some Hilo bud from the Big Island....wow is all I can say about this stuff. I got 1 seed out of this guy, off to the races.

Good to be home........Sucks to be home, you know what I mean.

Back to the grind

Texas Kid

Dr. Dro- Big Island rocks for bud, but there a different group overthere or at least the growers I know over yonder. Puna Bud, Dog, and some grapefruity diesel was available and killer.

Second the don't piss local boys off over there. They still have what they call "kill a howlie day" and if your not anything but a white boy that's you. Watch out for "stink eye or a shitty look it usually tells the whole story. Don't get me wrong I am a Texas boy, if you want to look a me shitty and mumble under your breath at me, we're gettin on right now. I have no problem throwin down if needed but, over there you will dissappear or get the shit beat out of you.

But I have a great time everytime I go

No complaints at all

Texas Kid

Hey Texas Kid

Hey Texas Kid

Sounds like you had a good time when you were "next door". I used to see Maui everyday when I was I was working up north. It is true about the "stink eye" but I have not encountered much, mostly just the opposite, but there are probably some areas it's best to avoid unless you have local friends with you. I guess if I was a native I would be pretty pissed at what the outsiders have done here.
The Big Island is a beautiful mix of every race, religion and whatever you can think of. There is no majority, so we are all a minority here. Native Hawaiian, Japanese, honkies like me, Filipino, Portuguese, Tongan, Korean, mixed and everything in between....all one big happy family.
It appears that Birthdays, Weddings and Funerals are all celebrated the same way here. Everyone is invited to the beach or a park. Bring food, a musical instrument and be ready to "talk story" all day.
I wish I could meet everyone that comes over here and give them an aloha package of buds and seeds. But I am legal now and have to keep it that way. Laying in a jail cell facing 15 years can do that to a guy.

peace,
medicine man

G

Med Man and all

Just got back and it was unbelievable!!!

Got into Maui late on thursday and stayed at a buddies place in Haiku. Blazed some killer AK47 greenhouse grown that just made you comatose. Drove the next morning to Hana. What a low key, slow your ass down kinda place. What an awesome place to be physically, mentally, spiritually you name the ally it was great.

I'm with on the tolerece being a little better now more welcome feeling from locals. I first started going over on a regular basis in early '90's and I think it was worse then as far as "stink eye" Bear in mind though I'm running with a Hawaiian, a Hopa (chinese hawaiian), and some crazy white boys. Believe me and I've been on both sides, that hawaiian and Hopa with ya gets you a lot of passes. There places and things I wouldn't dream of doing without locals in support. "Talk Story" I love that phrase. Standin around burnin one "chewin tha fat" so to say talkin about the next or the last adventure.

I've only been back a day, haven't slept in a couple days, and I'm ready to go back and stay this time. What a better way to live. People don't care about your job, your car, your money, size of your house..all that mainland shit, It's all about harmony, what are your hobbies, how was your last hike, the water was great tuesday, etc..... The job over there is a necesary evil to cover your practical needs that's it. Everything else is about working on yourself through sport, meditation, activities, and community. That's the value supreme right there. It's about quality of life not status or possesions just living,being a better person. Status and value in the community come from something totally different. I've seen Hawaiians sit and figure what is the bare minimun I can work and cover my bills to afford them more leisure, recreation time and time to contribute in some way to the overall community. You might say well anybody can do that just a lazy beach bum attitude, not a care in the world, I could do that tomorrow if I wanted. The difference is we talk about like some distant dream or wouldn't be nice to or when I retire. To Hawaiians it's not a pipe dream, they just do it, live now. Mainland brainwash would never let you do that, always a reason we not and they just do it. Man I love that place.

I'll come see ya next time I'm over and we'll hang out. I'll take the inner island or something for a day.

Take care

Texas Kid

Last edited:
G

Alright, I'm gonna jump on in here! I'm growing indoors in West TX. I think it's kinda cool how we're all growing about the same strains. I've got BogBubble and Apollo 11 G4 in flower right now. Lonestar is gonna be smellin' funky all over in a little while!!:D To the Funkytown growers, big props that's my hometown!

G

Cheeba

It does look like we are all stocking up on the same brutal strains.

I've got Mazars in flower with LSD and Bogbubble in veg just waiting for me to take clones and throw the parents in veg

But I'm indoor on the sly with my grow

What is a good rule of thumb for the outdoor season here in Texas? Never grown out doors but thinking about it. Something new to screw with.

Texas Kid

G

Bump---

I see alot more Texas outlaws makin their way here.

Thought I'd check back in with yall.

Tex

G

once a texas grower

once a texas grower

just wanted to put my $.02 on Texas. Just recently relocated to Oregon from the DFW area. Cops around there are the worst. I was driving away from Pantera's house in Dalworthington Area got busted two house away from their front gate. Just finished some good christmas bud that was in town. Car smelled to high hell, cop was like WTF are you doing here. Told him me and my wife were just stopping by for christmas pics w/ the band, i have a inside friend who's close w/ the band. Anyways after a 30 min search of my car and person he finally let me go. Thank GOD he didn't find the 1/2 oz or the pipe. Karma must have been with me, because i was still on probation. Learned quick that Texas cops and highway patrols are not to fuc# with. Unfortanely, i have two relatives who are PIGS. Damn those two bastards.

G

Damn HE
I grew up in North Arlington and we didn't even go to Dalworthington Gardens unless you absolutely had to. Kickin it with Pantera is a good reason though(Vinny and Dimebag rule the "Clubhouse"). I used to watch them and Warlock, Rhodes a bunch of different local warehouse bands around Arlington in the 80's. Going down of Greenville to the Basement and fukn jammin.

The cops definatley have a different take on your civil rights down here for sure. I am in the one town that has more cops per capita than any other city and they are the "Stormtroopers of Death" all the way. You really have to walk the line without crossing it or you'll get popped. That's half the reason I smoke, stressin on the cops for no reason.

HE the Pacific N.W. beautiful place, a little rainy for me but, that's just me.

Tex

G

weathers getting better

weathers getting better

Tex,

Good to here that you are doing well in the Texas area. Too much heat for me, cops and weather that is. I will be making a trip to the big A, Austin in the next week. I have a friend's wedding he wants me to attend. I hope to score some good smoke, but not looking forward to the prices. Oregon prices are a lot more friendly too me at least. Maybe the people i deal with in Texas aren't as cool as you. Most seem to be real rednecks as*holes who don't like to share. Don't get me wrong i was born and raised in Texas but ran away as fast as I could. Texas is still a big part of me. Just needed a break from the border police for a while.