What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

black cherry (subcool)

POP

is there anyone out there that has or is growing subcools 'black cherry'?

not much info regarding grows.
i know its make up etc.. and that it was a limited edition.

im lucky enough to have a cut. i have had a little trouble cloning her, (i did accidently cross her with a hashberry, only a couple beans of which are waiting to be popped, in time) thankfully a friend is keeping her going who is very generous.

i must say its a beautiful smooth cherry infused smoke and i fully know why hes keeping this babe going. its aromas are truely wonderous. life would not be the same without her!

if sub has dumped her, why did sub dump her?

supersilverhaze is my queen
black cherry my princess.

anyone else been blessed with black cherry???

:lurk:

POP

22nd nov 2006

quote: "The last three years have been an amazing learning proccess and while I am honored so many like all my gear choices have to be made when a strain comes along that is conciderably better I have to make decisions on them. While BC is great I have strains that are much better and have better parents which makes them more stable lines.

You will see TGA stream line down to less than 10 strains this year".

Subcool

i got the info from BR**DBAY.
my friend and i both think that black cherry is head and shoulders above anything else we have tried from subcool.
we must hold a great pheno is all i can assume. only a madman would let her go.

shame on you sub! :spank:

PEACE

razlin

got some beans of em layin around but haven't popped em yet....you have any shots of some plants in flower say 40 day or past?

the flavor profile sounds right on with this one just haven't gotten around to runnin em.....good luck with em bro

raz

POP

razlin said:
got some beans of em layin around but haven't popped em yet....you have any shots of some plants in flower say 40 day or past?

the flavor profile sounds right on with this one just haven't gotten around to runnin em.....good luck with em bro

raz

hi raz, i'll have a pic of this gal for you in around 35 days as she has just been switched.

in meantime if ya wanna see black cherry in bloom there are couple pics on this forum if ya do a quick search
also there are some nice pics of her over at bre*dbay.

you just cant get that taste or aroma from pics! so get them beans poppin!

Last edited:

FKN CREEP

got some pics in my profile of a very cherry black cherry back cross i finished early a couple months back (better yield than the original seeds I carried.. I take unlabeled cuts as i'm kinda unorganized so i'm pretty sure she's running in my garden now.. we'll see.)

been growing it for a year. even though i have medical cuts, it's still my favorite smoke cause of the heavy stone and the surrupy taste. i've been running my seeds i made in hydro but i took it into a bed of ffof so hopefully the taste really comes out. i'll post some pics when the light comes on!

i personally consder myself more lucky to have the cherry than my medical cuts, at the current moment

i've crossed her to a ww from female seeds cause that's what i had for breeding at the time.. i think it created a very interesting hybrid that had sativa influence with a chocolate/coffee taste and a super stone. cross them cherry girls, i've been very satisfied with the results so far! definitely more breeding projects are coming with the cherry.. i wanna cross her to an ecsd boy or maybe a nice, heavy sativa like the jack

need some pollen boys.. i chucked what looked like ww male stupidly a couple months back.. boy was vigirous! ohwell.. i needed the space.

Last edited:

POP

cheers fkn creep.

your ww cross sounds something! especially the 'super stone' aspect.
i have had a few jacks (jtr) in my garden and can tell you all i'll miss when she goes is the heavy yeilding phenotype. jacks tastes and effects are imo nothin special. they had big expectations for her in the cup, i could not see why myself. jack returned with nothing :badday:
if you gotta cross her with a jtr, aim for yeild!

b.c aint a bad yeilder herself.

its a real relief to see another grower holding black cherry in high regard.
and you say at this moment in time she rivals your best medical cuts too

:headbange

man i wonder what some oil from your ww cross would do? :bashhead:

thnxs for your reply. look forward to your bc pics if she's in ya garden this time round!?

hmmm black cherry; she is a smooth tastey lady, her flesh smells of blackcurrant cordial,
she tastes fruitfully similar and will make you smile.
then she'll knock you the fuck out!

PEACE

Last edited:

mcbean

ello

ello

pop
i did take 3 cutting in flower and just stuck them in a plastic dixie cup and changed water (distiled water) every day, just haven a problem getting out of flower lol and im at 18/6 so i gotta bump the time up - i think what caused them to stay in flower was i had them under a 24/7 flo as a clone from a 600w and the flo wasent strong enough to get it to revert(just a guess) but none the less they will revert. lol

had a good friend give me the ones he got and i must say that i to love this blk cherry girl, crossed the 3 i had with a abg, cc and a sharkk and the cross are looking good so far.
i like it when the base of the the fan leaves curl in ward just a little and full of goo. the smell and taste is killer, just wish i had a male but il be happy with keepimg this one a clone.
if your just usen water to clone with make sure its changes every 1-2 days..
good luck with yours

peace

acidfire

Hi POP. :wave:
I grew 3 seeds and ended up with 3 females of 2 phenos.
Unfortunately I got a case of stem rot halfway through flower so the buds never really developed size-wise, however, the cold fall brought out some pretty colours.
My friend and I both lost the two cuttings, so all I have left is seeds for now.
After gifting 4 seeds away, I have 3 left in addition to the few dozen blackcherry x sour bubble seeds I made last season.

On the up side, this is very tasty potent weed.
I ran out of it almost immediatly.
Reminded me of blackberry cobler.

Black pheno:

Purple pheno:

Purple on the left, Black on the right:

Black pregnent(for the first time):

Black pheno in flower:

Purple pheno in flower:

Closeups of black:

POP

thanks for contributing guys! :smile:

*mcbean*
good to see you got the black cherry going on!
could you go into a little more detail on your 3 crosses please? good to see you spreading the genes! one love!
cheers for the tips on your cloning method, i may give it a try. first though, im going to attempt my first ever reveg using black cherry. canna wait for that!
any pics of your b.c cut mcbean? the more pics of b.c. up here the better!
there dont seem to be much black cherry around at all, and pic comparisons would be greatfully welcomed. if poss of course. :headbange

*acidfire*
you lucky lucky grower!
to have a cut is an honour. but to have seeds! all i can say is you have been blessed with a gift!
i see you have 2 phenos. in comparing pics i think my cut more resembles that of your black pheno. although i have a lack of colours in my grows (using 400w in closet) which is to be expected, i do think if i had cooler conditions she would show some. there are hints of colour late on in flowering. the leaf structures are very similar imo but still look slightly different. maybe i have a pheno no3 here, i dunno. but thanks for showing us those acidfire!
your cross with sour bubble sounds knockout! gimme gimme gimme! any pics?
i urge you to try and breed them 3 remaining beans!
thanks again for those pics. very helpfull :headbange

:wave:
PEACE

SuperStoned

Great plants and pic's! It sounds like a great strain, shame its been dropped.
I'm just sexing some jc2 and agent orange, hoping at least one winner of each.
Interested to see how your cherry's turn out POP's :D

D

Darkstarlive

Dannyboy has a pheno thats straight up Cherry Flavor/Aroma, a good yielder and outstanding stone and the unmistakable cherry taste and smell.

Peace...

acidfire

Thanks for the kind words.

I will start all the beans at once when I move and re-setup my indoor.
The sour bubble will dominate the cross, so I will have to make alot of f2s and then begin the search.
Once found, cross her with a black cherry f1 male.

Never know though, could find a dannyboy leaning female and a blackrussian leaning female in my 3 remaining seeds. :jump:

Oh BTW im sure there is more info on BC on the 13reed13ay forums.

mcbean

ello pop

lets see the sharkk is a afgani x great white shark cross i kept going for 3 years, the (cc)cotton candy im not sure on the make up right now but i do have the info some place here. it is lite in color really sticky and not as dense as i think it should be so with luck the bc genes can help that out.

the abg is the same with the info as the cc, the abg i have is really sticky if not topped is puts out a huge top and thats the only prob with the abg, it get so fat and tight that the inner part is white to a lite green so i top it now.

so i made crosses with it in hopes to get one that dosent get so tight so the light gets to the inner top better.

now the bc is like acidfire's but not as black in the leaf but close and a little fatter in the leaf.

the only reason i crossed the bc with the pollen from the sharkk, cc and abg
is i had problems with a batch of soil or the bc was really picky and got no males so i figured to make crosses to at least keep some of the genes going and who knows i might get a good or bad surprize lol. from what im seeing now, they are turning out really nice so far.

to be honest i dont have the bc pic's or any other's any longer as i try not to keep any pic's around for safty reasons. if i still did i would post them for you. with the way things are now i had to delete my reg account and open a new one. being in a country that puts the screws to small home med growers (3-4plants) as this one does i dont think ill be posting any pic's for some time.(that sucks).... even when i hit the 50 post make lol

i agree that this strain not being kept around is sad indeed. even the none cured samples i took set me down and cant figure out why they didnt keep it.
to bad i didnt get any males would have loved to make some f2's. this is about as much info as i feel safe in posting as not to give away my old account. im sure you understand.

i will keep watching yours to see how they turn out cause its one of those strains that says love me. i know one thing it sure helps me stay off the pain pills the doc gives me and helps me stay asleep for 8 hrs vs the 2-3hrs a nite i was getting before and after 3 years lack of sleep i feel a lot better.
i hope some of this makes sense cause i had to take a pill tonite do to the pain level is up and the pain pill really makes it hard to think clearly or none functional lol.

peace

b8man

Veteran
Hmmm.... I've got 10 TGA Black Cherry seeds sitting at home. As I hadn't heard anything about them I thought ppl must have been dissapointed. Subcool managed to piss-off a fair few ppl about the time of it's release so it was hard to get answers to questions.

Are there any smoke reports around? It was a pretty whacky ol' cross if i remember rightly.

b8

POP

thanks again everyone for all the info and updates!
its just great to see B.C alive and kicking!

*b8man*
i'll do a smoke rep after harvest.
i urge you to pop them beans! :headbange

not much change in 6 days but here she is again.

mcbean

howdy

b8man:
i liked mine, just wished i had more if it.
the only thing i can say is if you get a male make some beans. or if ya dont want them id be happy to take them off your hands:) the bc was smooth sweet cheery taste, sticky for sure.

pop:
i really like that one you have going in the pics, shes looking good, great job.
also do you have any info on what was used to make the bc?

peace

POP

cheers mcbean. i got a keeper im sure.
heres black cherry make up. (AirborneG13 x C99 X Ortega x C99 X Blackberry x CherryAk47- Ultimate Cherry Dannyboy pheno )

:jawdrop:

mcbean

howdy pop

i think you do have a keeper and a taste one a that. thank you for the info on the bc and look forward in seeing the end result.

peace