Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Can any 4 LEDs match 4 600w sodium lamps?

Thread Title Search
Can any 4 LEDs match 4 600w sodium lamps? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2019, 05:21 PM #11
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medfinder View Post
i am using 4 to 1 socket adapters that concentrate 6000 lumens on 6in rockwool net potted in deep water 3 gallon buckets filled with bubbling organic fertilizer at 850 ppm..

getting better results than my 600 watt blockbuster or bare bulb hps.

using 1/2 the electricity and cooling costs...

harbour freight 24 bulb outdoor strings with 4 to 1 adapters...

View Image

View Image

View Image

phenotype expression of any strain must be dialed in...

finding the elite genetic to DO it to....PRICELESS.
Hey Medfinder…...So you`re runnin 96 screw in bulbs with the plastic cutoff in what size room....also.....still tryin ta figure out howta use all the bulbs with em being that close together in the 4 n 1 adapters......thanks in advance.....

Peace.....DHF..... …..

Old 05-31-2019, 05:22 PM #12
944s2

944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in a SOG View Post
Hlg 550 is an easy option.. that will woop a 600 in many regards.. there are a couple options for eu sellers..

Apart from initial cost you'll wonder why you waited so long when you fire it up..
Lost,,
Do theses leds penetrate deep down in to the plants,,,,s2
944s2 is offline Quote

Old 05-31-2019, 07:15 PM #13
jaded1

jaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to alljaded1 is a name known to all
Penetration is very good with them and light spread is a lot better than a 600 hps 944

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:02 PM #14
Medfinder

Medfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud of
Lets see the costs
Genesis 1:29 (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

James 1:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Last edited by Medfinder; 05-31-2019 at 08:15 PM..
Medfinder is offline Quote

Old 05-31-2019, 08:11 PM #15
Medfinder

Medfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
Hey Medfinder…...So you`re runnin 96 screw in bulbs with the plastic cutoff in what size room....also.....still tryin ta figure out howta use all the bulbs with em being that close together in the 4 n 1 adapters......thanks in advance.....

Peace.....DHF..... …..
avoid ceramic bulb bases...to much heat 60 watt rated single bulb drop on 14 ga outdoor black wire

96 at 14 watts..1340 watts. max.

of course there are lower wattage bulbs and smaller strings.

ive found a 15 amp runs the pumps lights and a 6in fan with 75 watts to spare.

i used to use in winter 2 light mover 600watt bare bulb...with ac...double bill not as much smell taste and trichome and terp out put for some reason

harbor frieght 12 string..coupon 16.27...20 3 gal buckets 28 dollars...24 net pots 112 dollars...pumps 62 dollars..6 in roickwool 135 dollars...nutes...50...bublbs both 5000 and 2700 k 68 dollars..

around 600 bucks...42 ounces? trim and cured..low balled in socal at 2200 an lb.

knowing a great clone monger is essential if you dont do your own seeds

hmm..gushing...

Genesis 1:29 (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

James 1:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Medfinder is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2019, 05:12 PM #16
944s2

944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor
So after endless research and talking to the two hydro shops I been using for over 16 years and forum members ,,the information about Quantam boards,,, ceramic metal halide,,leds etc
So even a quantum board etc that can put out 600w will be as warm as the equivalent 600w sodium,,,
Now looking at concentrating on a very large humidifier that will bring the humidity up
and let the air con and exhaust look after the temps,,
Pretty sure some will disagree but I wanted 4 leds to replace 4 sodium’s,
all 600w and units must be plug and play,,
main purpose to bring temps down,,
,NO supplemental lighting just a straight 4 unit plug and play swop ,,,,
Not possible I now believe but I stand corrected if proven otherwise,
Thanks for reading ,,,,s2
944s2 is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2019, 02:54 AM #17
xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nice
HLG 550's run around 140-160 degrees from my recording. With four of these heats minimal in comparison with the four 600 watt bulbs I was running.

Manidoo Seeds - Capturing the Spirit of Star Plants from around the world in Spirit Seeds bringing medicine to the people.

xxPeacePipexx is online now Quote

Old 06-05-2019, 04:12 AM #18
popta

popta has a spectacular aura aboutpopta has a spectacular aura aboutpopta has a spectacular aura aboutpopta has a spectacular aura about
For the much lower price of one plastic curtain, a second timer, and potentially one more piece of air duct, u could split the room and flip-flop the lights. You've just cut your cooling needs in half.
popta is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:38 PM #19
944s2

Quote:
Originally Posted by popta View Post
For the much lower price of one plastic curtain, a second timer, and potentially one more piece of air duct, u could split the room and flip-flop the lights. You've just cut your cooling needs in half.
That’s something I considered much earlier but a busy residential building that’s listed and listed trees also so Gardeners tending to that a few times a week,,,
Ever smelt a moby air con unit that’s ducting out a big indoor run?
No protection like a big old 12 in Rhino filter just a stench of pure unadulterated cannabis that during the day would gets us a visit in about 20 mins lol,,,
Hence,,,lights only runnable at nights,,,
Great bit of practical advice for a newbie though popta ,,,
Cheers s2
944s2 is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2019, 11:44 AM #20
yts farmer

yts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to allyts farmer is a name known to all
That's a tough question to answer.

There's plenty of ppfd etc info out there but not much translation into grams per watt.

I did see 1 guy actually state he gets 12.5 zips of top quality dense buds per fixture when he uses grownorthern telos 0010 and those fittings are 300w each, so that equates to more than 1gpw. He did say he probably could increase his yield with some training though.

@£520 a fitting its quite a high initial outlay but youll never need to buy replacement bulbs.

Peace.
yts farmer is offline Quote