What's new

Quiet fan recommendations

DanTheReggaeFan

Does anyone have any recommendations for quiet fans? Both extraction and oscillating please. My new flat has paper think walls and sound is a real issue at the moment. I've got fan controllers to dim them down but it's not really helping with temps. Its getting to around 30c with only a 400w whilst I'm vegging and I wanted to flower under 600w so they would defo fry under that.

R

Rab.C

i have paper walls also i use a iso max 6ins and you cant here it running

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok Dan,,,
This won’t be cheap but it will do the trick,,,
1 boxed acoustic exhaust
Acoustic ducting to fit to the exhaust,,,
Stand outside the door and if done correctly then you won’t be able to hear nowt,,,
A Honeywell oscillating fan will make a slight noise but it don’t travel imho,,
Best of luck,,,,,s2

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
For exhaust, use a big fan & run on the lowest setting. I had the standard 4" & I was always battling temps. I now use an 8" on low. Better airflow & much quieter. But I don't use a carbon filter which are pricey if you need an 8".

tbd

Hydro8

For the exhaust, insulated exhaust ducting will cut noise down, hanging the fan on a rubber strap will also help. Can fans get their air from the ducting so you could build a insulated box around it to absorb noise.

Oscillating fans vary in noise levels you can go into a store that has floor models and test them, usually the cheaper the fan the more noise it will make.

Mountainkush

While a little less powerful than a similarly price inline fan, I’ve had good luck with the vortex s-line fans. All I hear is the air moving so with some better ducting it should be pretty silent. My bedroom is next to my grow room and I can’t hear them through the wall. I have 2 running full power.

troutman

Seed Whore
To add a little distraction to cover the fan noise.

You could set up a radio or TV on a timer to go on during the day.

Latest posts

Latest posts