What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ratchet Hangers

dddaver

Veteran
This might sound like a dumb question but I've never used them. I'm getting a small tent, 3'x3' and the hangers will only be holding about 13 lbs. They are normally sold in pairs. But I think I need 2 pair (4)? One for each corner of the light?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
they are usually rated by#weight
always go double the #weight you want to suspend at the very least
i use two per light,but there is a thing that attaches to the hood shaped like a ^ made of metal that hook onto

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
used the smallest ratchets one grow on two sunmax xxxl magnums. had one blowout raising the light. it was old though and i was being cheap. bought the heaviest duty ones after that

Bobby Boucher

Yeah.. No...

Had a bare 1kw'er fall on top of big momma 6-7 weeks into flower while I was out working some 10 years back. Brand new ratchet. The rope just.. snapped somehow. Killed my crop.

I have hung from them and tested them every which way.. haven't seen one fail, cept for the once, and I was lucky my plant was large enough to catch and cradle the light until I got home.

Fire hazards, imo. Big time.