What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rubbermaid Micro-grow

So, I really wanna do one of these Rubbermaid micro-grows, except I want to make a couple improvements...first thing's first, I would add a bottom Rubbermaid that would be a bigass (25-50 gallon) LOS no-till bed (later I might try to run a DWC through it) I would run a SOG through the bed first and then a ScrOG to compare the yields...I'm thinking maybe some COB LEDs mounted to the very top Rubbermaid (maybe some side-mounting too) as opposed to CFLs to help control the heat factor of such a small space.

Do you guys think this will work? Are there considerations I need to vigilant with? Are there any tutorials I absolutely must read thoroughly before undertaking a project like this? Etc. (Also specific products w/ links are very appreciated).

So the design I finally landed on is somewhere between Red_Greenery & Blue-Adept's Rubbermaid builds...I'll add a tub on the bottom that will serve as a 25+ gallon LOS-bed for SOGging, I'm going to build long darkroom louvers for the sides of the middle box, and want to add a couple T5HOs for supplemental lighting later in flowering, the main light will be an HLG-65, since the micro-grow is so short I think that light will suffice, if not the next one up isn't much more expensive.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I think you'd like this

Sub Irrigation Planter (SIP)
[iframe1]JnqxIbBlVos[/iframe1]
-
[iframe1]xpopShfmyrY[/iframe1]