What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A5 selfed?

RizlaMan

Dubi,

Any plans to self the A5 and sell resultant the feminized seeds?

Almost 20 years ago I lived in Maastricht, Limburg, NL and smoked an incredible strain referred to as A2. This A2 strain was generally not sold in coffeeshops but in the rare times it was the strain was called A5. I cannot be the only person who would love to have a pure version of this strain again.

Does Ace have any plans to self the plant, breed it to it self, and release the resultant seeds?

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
or maybe people could back cross Neville's haze to NL#5 and work to the A5 line.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
A5 is a parental plant Neville selected as a mother for strains like Neville’s haze. It’s a breeders plant and so is C5.
Most exciting thing is the work good breeders do with these heirlooms. I’m more excited about the new work Ace is doing with them... I’ve heard things... gooood things.. maybe Dubi will elaborate:)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Dubi,

Any plans to self the A5 and sell resultant the feminized seeds?

Almost 20 years ago I lived in Maastricht, Limburg, NL and smoked an incredible strain referred to as A2. This A2 strain was generally not sold in coffeeshops but in the rare times it was the strain was called A5. I cannot be the only person who would love to have a pure version of this strain again.

Does Ace have any plans to self the plant, breed it to it self, and release the resultant seeds?

G `day RM

There were a few different NL#5 Hz A cuts .
Two infamous ones were diesel and mango .

There were more than 1 C5 as well .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

JohnnyChicago

First time I read of A2. It was one of the best Hazes I ever had and we could get if for damn cheap.... Would really like to know what it was. Could have been something like HK x HazeA, but I have no clue. It had for sure the incense power of the Haze A, but the high was not as strong as A5.

Gry

May be selfing, on the website there were 10 left last night, and there are now 11.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I had asked Dubi awhile ago and he had said they wouldn't be selfing this or the nevilles haze cut either.

Koondense

Veteran
I believe it's about respecting the clone owner's wish not to self the A5 but using it according to the project they have with Ace, hybridizing it with ace sativas.

Cheers

Spaventa

Veteran
Selfing doesn’t produce homogenous offspring identical to the original plant. There will be infinite combinations of both it’s dominant and recessive genetics traits.
Few will be even close and you might need to grow out many to find anything comparable. Every seed has its own unique potential.
F1 crosses have as good a chance of producing a phenotype with the dominant traits of one parent in a packet of ten plus you get hybrid vigour. Selfed and backcrossed plants won’t ever have the elite quality of the original.

THC123

Veteran
True, I have some selfed SPG clones and I have had the original clone for years. I already popped quite some beans and many very fruity sweet plants but I have yet to find a plnt that is identical or 90-99% like the original...They smell real good but the elite clone had a special dankness that I havent found in the s1 seeds.

RizlaMan

First time I read of A2. It was one of the best Hazes I ever had and we could get if for damn cheap.... Would really like to know what it was. Could have been something like HK x HazeA, but I have no clue. It had for sure the incense power of the Haze A, but the high was not as strong as A5.

The A2 I experienced came from a German named Hartmut that I befriended while in Limburg. He had another friend who shall remain unnamed who had the cut. I was lucky enough to find about 20 seeds in numerous buds and smuggle them back. 19/20 were female. Unfortunately, a friend had the lone male and didn't breed it back. It was a very sativa plant with a mango-esque flavor. It would 'get you high like you used to get high'. The only thing I've had since that came close was a NLxHaze (Sterling Haze) from Nirvana.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Or maybe a C5 backcross?? :)

G `day Spav

I`ve grown C5 x Ortega , C5 x La nina , C5 x Doors , C5 x Jack Herer , C5 x Malawi .

ATM I have C5 x NL#5 Hz A just gone into flower .

You might notice a pattern ?

C5 x Ortega was closest to Mum .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I dont know more about sterling have,but the old NL x haze from nirvana was very strong,mostly sativa,i hope they had just change name but not the genetic...
About A5,C5,neville haze,nl5,eccetera...maybe,with a actual legalization in many country ,some people could make available those old strains......

JohnnyChicago

With the legalisation they all want make quick money and working with sativas isn't quick. What's called legalisation is indeed a cannabis regulation, and under these regulations working with tall long flowering sativas isn't proifitable as working with commercial strains.

Look at the new breeders in the legal states, they don't seem to do much more breeding and testing than the illegal use to do...

Spaventa

Veteran
We need to keep a couple of things in mind regarding Neville’s old NL#5 x Hazes.
They did not come from a good size pool. Neville only got 3 seeds to grow that were worth keeping and ALL these legend strains and clones are based on crosses of two of those plants, Haze A and Haze C.
Breeders like Ace are selecting genes from bigger pools these days. I have the A5 and you know what? a well chosen Panama Haze is better smoke and has more aroma and taste. Tikal has more flavour than S5 or Core cut too.
Not everything they do is up my street, I’m not into the Malawi crosses so much.

Latest posts

Latest posts