What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In House Genetics "elite" line

GSPfan

Veteran
Anybody have any experience or an opinion on the elite seeds from In House Genetics? I just saw a post on ig from In House asking if people think black velvet cookies X purple hulk should be an elite. I criticized them because elite packs are $300 while the rest are mostly $100 or less. In House then erased my message (and other responses to me) and changed their post obviously concerned about looking bad.
So does anybody have experience with purple hulk? I'm thinking the elite line is just a scam and not worth the money. Bad business imo.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good call GSP.

I'm of the opinion...
Elites are found... not produced!

Advertising an "elite" series is nothing more than a bunch of hype!

GSPfan

Veteran
I totally agree MJPassion. It also makes me wonder how good their non elite seeds are. I bought a pack of 00 kush breath that wasn't "elite" seeds. So by their own definition I won't find anything elite?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It seems their shooting themselves in the feet by advertising like that. Lmao!

Wonder who would win in a cage match...
Purple Hulk or Grape Ape?
I'm being facetious. :)

M

meowmeowmeow

I agree with everyone here.
To me it's a marketing ploy/strategy.
With this game I see it like playing the lottery...some you sctrach and win, but most are losers.

Now with that being said...I have 3 of the Silver Back's (GG#4 x Black Cherry Pie) going right now about 3 inches high and they look promising. :woohoo:

Jonny Lan

I was a test grower for him. No the purple hulk crosses weren't elite. out of 3 strains 7 seeds roughly each only found 2 keepers. the black cherry line had elites in it though and he didn't classify them as such so....

This is my first run with IHG. I grabbed a 5 pack of Platinum Buffalo a few months back and recently popped two of them. These were 125 for 5 fems. I paid more for these beans than the Kali Mist fems i purchased earlier this year.

This pair of PB look to be 2 indica phenos. One of them was purple and a little stunted at first then it took off. The other had lighter green leaves and green petioles. Not sure if I feel that IHG is legit until i get these ladies closer to harvest. I plan to flip next week. They were just potted into those 5g's yesterday.

GSPfan

Veteran
Thanks for the info Jonny Lan. The black cherry line sounds great but I'm a little put off by breeders that push out a lot of strains without proving themselves like bodhi or topdawg have done. Doesn't mean that they don't have fire tho.

Jonny Lan

Thanks for the info Jonny Lan. The black cherry line sounds great but I'm a little put off by breeders that push out a lot of strains without proving themselves like bodhi or topdawg have done. Doesn't mean that they don't have fire tho.
if didn't get them as testers wouldn't have went forth and bought it. when i was offered the testers there was come franchise gear i was eyeing at the time.

idiit

Veteran
I've ordered several packs of IHG. there are different disributors for their beans and some of their distributors look to me to be new to the seed biz.

purple sherbert and platinum have really got my interest. the ihg guys say their platinum ( uw/permafrost) line translates frost better than any other genetics they have worked with. a super frosty breeder strain based on uw ( university of Washington cut concurrent with the more famous g-13 cut at the same time). indnguy was fanatical in his search for the uw cut. if ihg puts out uw s1's i'm in! :)

the purple sherbert freebies look awesome.

they offer ogkb cookies fems puro if i'm reading their strain description ogkb v2 correctly.

the way you get the elite brand descriptor is by word of mouth, performance and resultant customer satisfaction.

personally, i'd be surprised if many of ihg stains don't earn "elite" status just like cookies and glue have.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I've ordered several packs of IHG. there are different disributors for their beans and some of their distributors look to me to be new to the seed biz.

purple sherbert and platinum have really got my interest. the ihg guys say their platinum ( uw/permafrost) line translates frost better than any other genetics they have worked with. a super frosty breeder strain based on uw ( university of Washington cut concurrent with the more famous g-13 cut at the same time). indnguy was fanatical in his search for the uw cut. if ihg puts out uw s1's i'm in! :)

the purple sherbert freebies look awesome.

they offer ogkb cookies fems puro if i'm reading their strain description ogkb v2 correctly.

the way you get the elite brand descriptor is by word of mouth, performance and resultant customer satisfaction.

personally, i'd be surprised if many of ihg stains don't earn "elite" status just like cookies and glue have.

On stax it says that the OGKB V2.1 is basically an OGKB bx. OGKB x Dosido(OGKB x Face-Off OGbx1) .

Jonny Lan

grew 5 strains for in-house ill list the favs in order first being the best

Mother of cherries
Black Cherry Pie
OG Hulk Breath (un released he let me name it)
Twisted Velvet
Purple Sherb

Mind u i do believe in pheno hunting and because i had bad luck with the last strain doesn't mean u will

dannykarey

This season I grew from IHG;

Forum cookie X Dosido - 3 plants, 3 fems
Gorilla Glue #4 X Dosido - 3 plants, 3 fems
Ring of Fire (wifi43/OOkushbreath) - 3 plants - 1 fem, 2 males
Cherry Gorilla (silverback - GG4 X Black Cherry Pie) - 1 female

I was pretty happy with all of them, the cookie/Dosido plants were the least potent...decent daytime smoke but made great concentrates FWIW.....Though I'm not sure if IHG has released this cross yet?

Itching like a mofo to pop more Ring of Fire, the 1 female I grew was frosty as fuk and very potent though small yielding.

I plan on ordering more for sure though I still have OOkushbreath, Purple sherbert, Animal Pie and Double-O-sido to try.

Cheers,

Danny

Last edited:

highsteppa

Veteran
grew 5 strains for in-house ill list the favs in order first being the best

Mother of cherries
Black Cherry Pie
OG Hulk Breath (un released he let me name it)
Twisted Velvet
Purple Sherb

Mind u i do believe in pheno hunting and because i had bad luck with the last strain doesn't mean u will

Cool that the mother of cherries was your fav, and that they work with the mob cut...I'm sure one could find keepers but $300 a pack is overkill. It all looks like cookies, yawn. Imo breeders need to make something original or at least aspire to create something that can be the next cookies or glue (I like both). If that's what folks want...maybe the next wedding cake is in there. And if you want something purple they got you. Good vibes to them!

idiit

Veteran
you take purp sherbert and cross it with something like a Nepalese based satori with sum purps to her. satori's got phenos so strong ppl can't smoke 'em. seriously potent. then you got something to breed with.

M

meowmeowmeow

Marketing is #1 in seed breeding, so I would of thought most would just drop the 'elite' discussion. I don't know them and not kissing ass, but it seemed to re-spark this up so mission accomplished I guess....huh? :biggrin:

I have plenty of his their gear myself. Have grown the Cherry Gorilla. The pics are on here.

As for the price of the packs.......I've got packs for $40 thru them directly, so if it's too much don't buy it.

These guys are 1 of many newish breeders in the game. I've always said they give people who grow what they want. Sounds like a successful plan for them.

They have always been pleasant and top notch on customer service too from a biz pov.

YetiOG

In house popped up pretty quick and has alot of lines. They have some neat looking stuff but not enough info and deffinitly not enough of a rep for me to pay 300 for a pack. Not a whole lot thats worth 300 for a pack of dope seeds. 200 usd i can justify but beyond that id rather buy several packs of bodhi, loompa or something else rad.
Relentless has alot of crosses that are a much better price and also better reviewed. Theres so much crazy killer between 100 and 200 $usd i dont see the point in spending more. Id rather get lots of killer stuff than just a bit

LostTribe

Premium user
I checked out IHG a while back and decided the purple hulk was not the way to go. I grabbed the crystal cookies though started to run one out in bloom but it was vegged way too big so had to get the axe. Have not revisited them since but still have the genetics. I did recently pop some DVG false teeth though. Still in veg.

Latest posts

Latest posts