What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my work ive done over the years

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what more you want to hear joint operation?
you got me mixed up?

ive never begged for cuts or even asked for them
they have been freely passed to me by friends with no retrictions at all
i stick by my restrictions on cuts ive been passed

peace

L

Luther Burbank

My two cents, which at this point I should know better and just keep to myself. I've run a bunch from ojd/tru's partnership and found most of it STELLAR. That said, if all you're doing is bumping elites together and doing one-offs and not actually doing progeny testing and work, you shouldn't be hyping yourself up as a breeder or seedsman. There's barely enough time for anyone to run the numbers to properly keep five or sox lines active. When I see a wall of "strains" or crosses from *anyone* alarm bells go off. You guys wouldn't be bickering like this if you'd been casually breeding cabbage or irises; kill the ego, because frankly not enough work has been done on these lines to justify getting at each others throats.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what joint stuff have you run ?

there no ego over here
far from it
i test all of my stuff exstensivly and all over the boards
have done for years
so with my stuff people can check out all the testers thredas and decide whether they are worth buying

i do hybrids with hard to get cuts or the best cuts i have available
and s1 of special cuts
thats what people want these days
i never claimed to be a top breeder, i know what i am
real breeders like nevil dont exist anymore
if you could see the industry inside out you would be surpised by alot of what you see
hardly any companys actualy make thier own seeds any more, i do
and will continue to untill i retire
i know the industry as ive been working in it for years and before that was all over it with just growing the best seeds i could find for bud and i can stand proud that i am a hands on breeder who really still breeds his own stuff unlike most out there

any more q's please do fire away
ive got nothing to hide

peace

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
C'mon guys... can't we all just get a bong???

There is no reason to get at each others throats over a few seeds...a few plants...or even worse a few dollars.

We shouldn't be so willing to toss out old friendships over a few bumps in the road. I'd love to see you guys find some mutual ground to respect each other again.

If there is anything I've learned - these types of squabbles aren't good for either of your businesses.

There is plenty of room in "the game" for all of us...each of you has a journey and it will be slightly different and slowly become more distinguished from the work you did collectively. Don't hesitate to give credit where it is due and don't be too proud to admit the times where you were nothing more than a cog facilitating something larger...

I hate seeing this kind of bitterness develop between people that used to be friends...

Life is short. We only get once chance at it.

Good vibes to both of you...

dank.Frank

Tulku

friends and business never get along very well in the end, just turns to shit every time.

Whoever it is that can take some credit for Connossieur's list of goodies can have a pat on the back from me, i know it's not what you want but it's all i'm gonna give.

Loved the SSSDH by the way....

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok guys ive update the full list ive done over the years
check it out on first page

my work

peace

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ojd is doing what any other breeder out there is doing because that is what the market wants pheno hunting.

Now if all his lines were worked then the chances of you finding that one and million pheno are slim to none because all the plants would be uniform. So guess what guys he is doing exactly what all other breeders are doing nowadays. Like he said guys like Neville, dj short are extinct breeders kinda like dinosaurs of the canna world.

Now TRUECANNABLISS you came out with your gsc thread about a year or more ago and nothing has come about of this project I have yet to see. All I see on the forums are people complaining about your one and only strain terparella with people complaining about shit wispy buds.

Keep doing what you do ojd fuck the haters you know there will always be someone out there talking shit saying he is a hack. Well I have news almost all breeders or chuckers now a days don't put in any work either, they cross plants to make F1 hybrids like ojd said people want to pheno hunt or grow fem seeds of elites.

Just my 2 penny's.

L

Luther Burbank

Ojd: chemmy jones, white jones, cheese n chaze, and a few others I believe were from your stock: your version of the sssdh and such. The white jones wasa great great cross.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one luther
im sure you found some nice things in them
yeah the white jones came out great

and for the record true had nothing to do with any of these hybrids
he selcted a male that was used later(credit for that)but had no input on any of the hybrids i made with it or wasnt even consulted about it at the time as he was not part of connoisseur

so i guess soma claims all my g13haze line as half his?
i bet he doesnt
males and females get passed around
if you dont want people using them you should pass the cuts with restrictions(remeber we were all good friends back then so there was nothing ever said to me)

i cant stand here when my name gets pulled through the mud
so dont expect me to

peace

Folklore

I was the one who complained bout True's Terperella. Yes I only ran 5 beans but for someone who claims in their tag line that 'Selection is my art', I dont see any decent selecting with this strain. And for True to come along and say sorry, yes there is a shitty pheno, AFTER the line is released, further shows that selection perhaps really isnt his art. Where are the pics he said he was gonna put up ages ago? Wheres the evidence of testing?

Maybe spend less time instagraming yr latest tshirt and get back to yr 'art', no?

I've run CSG's gear for a while now and will continue to do so. Absolutely no probs with SSSDH, Lemon n Lime Jones, Granddady Purple and my current grow of OJD's gifted ECSDH.

Laters

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks folklore and others
happy some people see through the breeze

peace

Mikenite69

Veteran
Yes folklore I was referring to your grow with terparella and how shitty the phenos were. I mean not for nothing I have seen plants from nirvana come out better than what I saw.

Plus I don't like the fact true came out with a gsc thread and talks about testers that never came or even crosses for that fact. Plus to charge 100$ for beans a pack at some sites for that terparella I would of been pissed to get plants like folklore got.

I have a ton of ojds gear in the fridge that most was kindly gifted to me from a generous member. (Thanks you know who you are).

I plan to get more of his gear in the future when my money is looking better because all I see coming out of his gear is dank!!

Not to mention I also saw a thread where a guy just got out of prison for growing and he lost everything and ojd offered to help him get back on his feet now if that isn't someone who cares for others and isn't all about the money then I don't know what else to say.

Keep doing what your doing and good things will keep happening for you ojd.

DJXX

Veteran
i am a seed junkie and i tell you one thing...i have more keepers moms from Connoisseur than anyone else...getn ready to add a couple more from his sssdh fems project...my ecsd x sssdh is straight up bad assss...and the casey x sssdh too...i honestly can't believe that anyone would call you out on anything...DJXX

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks folklore and others
happy some people see through the breeze

peace
as you know I have been running your strains for the last few years so I have no "axe to grind",its just sad to see two mates fall out,,,
whatever the politics of he said this and the other said that ,the bottom line is lifes too short to be falling out especially when you have been good friends in the past,,,, ,,,a bit idealistic I know but its never too late to have a "sit down",,,,
cmon your both nice people and pretty sure you can sort this so avoiding any repeats in the future,,,,s2:tiphat:

Last edited:

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ya the best thing is to just try to move past it wether it be as friends or foes but it was clearly a jab started by true coming in a thread started by ojd and airing dirty laundry out so I don't fault ojd for defending himself.

S2 is right life is short maybe you guys can work through it and either stay friends or cut ties and move on in your own directions.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I'm an avid fan, and supporter of OJD-CSG. Their work is awesome, I don't believe into the blasphemy...
Keep up the good work!

kaneboy

Im not getting involved in this dispute but connoisseur genetics is my number 1 place to go when I'm after something cause almost aways I can find keepers of high grade herb within a 100 buck bill and thats mighty hard when its seeds not a clone from the dispensary, legendary cuts start from seed but im not going there , I wish ojd you would do a sour diesel run sum day aint seen much strait sour d round since rez

ozibogan

I don't really care for who originally bred certain strains and so forth but I do appreciate that co's like CSG are making seeds of cuts otherwise unavailable to people like us aussies and from what I've run, every strain is legit and pretty much turns out just as advertised unlike some other breeders.
Now when are these GSC crosses gonna be available at seedbanks, I've been checking like everyday incase I miss out!