What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CAN ALL TESTERS READ THIS ABOUT FEMINIZED SEEDS

Puday

Yeah, I've seen this happen too with several different gears. Usually it's a single male preflower or two on the lower branches as soon as the plant starts to show sex, but these are the only one(s) and they never multiply or cause future hermi problems.

It's a tough call to keep a seemingly hermi plant around but the truth is, some of the fem seeds have this harmless trait, and if OJD is saying that a certain line does this but it's nothing to worry about ... I would agree and not worry too much about it.

As far as breeding with fem plants goes, especially ones with these male pre-flowers ... that's above my head, but growing and smoking them shouldn't be an issue at all.

Puday

foxylady

Ohhhhhhhh....... I wish I knew this before, I have thrown so many away!
not even thinking to give them a chance... I guess We Live and Learn ;)

Thanks

Foxy :ying:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
ojd,
Do you believe sex is controlled by genetics?
If a male flower pops up early, med, or late in flowering, or in pre-flowering is that because the genetics allow that? Or did the male flowers just manifest themselves from nothing? While maybe less bad then male flowers that do make problems and seeds, I would advise to not use them. They obviously have the genes to make male flowers, and like begets like. The progeny will also.
I have seen this in many many un-feminzed seeds, so many I can not count.
I would be careful what you tell others until you are sure.
-SamS

ojd,
If a male flower pops up early, med, or late in flowering, or in pre-flowering is that because the genetics allow that? Or did the male flowers just manifest themselves from nothing? While maybe less bad then male flowers that do make problems and seeds, I would advise to not use them. They obviously have the genes to make male flowers, and like begets like. The progeny will also.
-SamS

I have wondered whether this happens when seeds are from the same plant that was reversed. Like a carry over effect from the silver treatment.. It's a weird one cause the seedling will show a few male flowers early, but when flowered totally female. And clones taken from that plant never show a male flower again.

I haven't seen this in regular seeds, just from fem seeds. And only a a subset of seedlings show it, never all.

Is this an inheritable trait or is it some somatic trait /response to feminized crosses? Anyways, curious to know...

jaype

Hey ojd I know this may not be the right place to ask but I was wanting to know if I can still get some more of the Strawberry Dogshit seeds? I grew a couple of them that I got from a friend and it was some of the dankest shit I have smoked in years. I would love to have some more so if you could let me know I would even do a grow log for some if you only have a few of them or whatever. Thanks you can either send me a message or respond here.

Big-Narstie

ojd,
-SamS

Bump.

blooper

not always but i usually find at least 1-2 seeds per plant. i don't ever see any pollen sacks, must be tucked away with the innermost budsites so i'm guessing it's an all female crops sort of last ditch effort to reproduce.

i've grown the seeds out if it turns out the plant is a keeper and i forgot to take clones and so far they have all been female and identical to the plant they came from as far as i can tell so it seems like they're pretty good at throwing a just enough pollen to make a seed or two.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
i would like to talk about an issue that happens with feminized seeds

i cant tell you why it happens ive just seen it over the years with mine and others companies feminized seeds

when you come to age of sexing your plants feminized seeds can first show male preflowers on the main tips of growing shoots
sometimes its 1 shoot sometimes its all the shoots(these are pre flowers)
but what ive expierienced is that with in a week they start to throw female pistils and stop producing male preflowers with in a few weeks you will forget about it because it becomes 100% female with no male parts to be found anywhere(the only male parts will be the pre floewers) that have disapeard by the huge nugs that have grown over them

i know this sounds strange but so are feminized seeds

the male parts that show when first sexing do not have enough time to produce a proper male flower or enough time to open so i never pick them off incase it causes stress

ive never had seeds from 1 of these plants

i am only talking about pre flower male parts, not normal hermi's

if male parts show up any other time in flower they are a standard hermi and you do whatver you got to do whether its pick balls of or just throw to the trash

i would like to show a picture of a said plant that started of with male pre flowers and is fully female now and in the flush as we speak
the plant is new york city jones x GS Cookies

hope this helps you guys from throwing away good plants

peace

Thank you OJD, on this strange phenomenon that I had no idea was possible.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes it is and I still cant explain why this happens and is only with Feminized seeds.again this is with every company out there that has ever made Feminized seeds, but most people just throw them in the bin as soon as they see it and i understand but did this thread years back to warn my Feminized seed growers and maybe save some plants being thrown away.

Again if they dont stop putting out balls or a nanner after the pre flower stage past 2 weeks flower they are just a plain hermie
Thank you OJD, on this strange phenomenon that I had no idea was possible.

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
can the opposite happen too? showing female preflowers and turn male ?

well i ask this because i kept a plant in veg for a year, it was one of the slowest veggers i ve ever seen...

it showed pistils, i gave cuts to s1 and he can confirm it too, cuts had female preflowers.

but when he changed the lightcycle to 12/12 ---- all turned full male.
i said to him.. haha good joke..
i put the "mother" into flower... than 12 days later
picture.php

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If they are Feminized then yes.
I've never seen or heard of that with Regs myself.
Unless you thought it was fem , some people judge way to early getting scared it will pollinate and that takes weeks to grow a ball and release pollen from seeing a tiny green spec suspected of being Male and not even a ball
can the opposite happen too? showing female preflowers and turn male ?

well i ask this because i kept a plant in veg for a year, it was one of the slowest veggers i ve ever seen...

it showed pistils, i gave cuts to s1 and he can confirm it too, cuts had female preflowers.

but when he changed the lightcycle to 12/12 ---- all turned full male.
i said to him.. haha good joke..
i put the "mother" into flower... than 12 days later
View Image

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i dont know it was fem, or regular, i was gifted with a seedling like here is your jack herer grow it... but now it is full male, i can t even find the things i thought those were calyxes with hairs.. it is still alive, i want to make some torture on it. cuts are in veg never touched by 12/12

but i have seen exactly the same with autofems, i was very sceptical about it is a female but at the end it grew buds

ugly duckling.. it was an rqs northernlights auto

attachment.php
attachment.php

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been running females for over 15 years and any beans were caused by a light leak or phenos I leave a week or two longer that self the odd bean,,,,s2

Latest posts

Latest posts