What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help with picking an auto for outdoors?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
beautiful countryside.

i like your pen, think it will serve you very well with the auto's as they shouldn't end up too big.

mine are a pure indica strain, but i'm sure they will still get 1.5 meters tall.

you'll be pulling your buds while mine are just starting to bud :)

:joint: puff puff pass :wave:

rocket high

Veteran
well you say they wont grow tall well the fast buds wont but the big devils are meant to grow 1.5-2.0 meter's tall being super auto's this might cause problems .... but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it ...
going to take the girl's down tomorrow night under the safety of darkness need to get some torches for this dont want to break a leg in the middle of nowhere lol

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
oh, i thought they were both auto strains, so you will also have to build your fence higher at some point? glad to hear you got some normal strains too, they should yield a bit better in the end. while the autos will be ready nice and early. best of both worlds eh?

rocket high

Veteran
here's a update ..
picture.php

The pen is almost finnished the girls are going in tonight thank god :)...here's some pics

JGP

Woah rocket pal.. looks like Ray Mears has moved into your plot and he's building a fort :) Nice work man when you planting out?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
girls? make a pen to keep your girls!? hehe :laughing:

dude nice work, you will not be feeding any deer this season. you guys really put some work in that fence.

are you gonna try camo it a bit? or is no one expected to go walkies near there being a marsh?

whats the fence on the floor for? did you already say?

rocket high

Veteran
heres a update from tonight's mission ....there was a lot of stumbling around,tree branches in eyes, wet feet , and we had two cardboard boxes and torches to carry ....funny but not funny at the same time "if you know what i mean" got there in the end tho .:)
we will repot them tomorrow and do a few adujstments to suit .....

all out and sound so far ... will update tomorrow ;)

rocket high

Veteran
girls? make a pen to keep your girls!? hehe :laughing:

dude nice work, you will not be feeding any deer this season. you guys really put some work in that fence.

are you gonna try camo it a bit? or is no one expected to go walkies near there being a marsh?

whats the fence on the floor for? did you already say?

hi gaiusmarius nobody will see it or be able to get to it esp when the barbed wire is going round it ;)

Yes im going to try and cammo it with some brush and stuff well thats the plan :)

the deck(fence on the floor) is there because its on a hill side so i want the girl's to be level so it's siting on pegs on the one side
icon14.gif

and because its on a hill the deer can't jump up the hill to get in so it has its advantages that way too

at last there out ...am happy at that :biggrin:

nealcook420

Hey man I hope you don't mind but I have easyryder, big devil, HBD, Mi5, RRF, Onyx & Auto Blueberry outside and I have noticed that the Easy Ryder is the best outdoors and I want to show u pics. I only have indoor pics of HBD(it is 34" & 38" in DWC) & big devil(24" & 21") but I have bothe strains and lots more growind outside and I always have mold problems as well but with regular strains. We'll see if the mold gets us this year with the A.F.s

rocket high

Veteran
no probs nealcook420 every body's welcome to show what they got :tiphat:
looking good will have a look at your profile later
easy rider's huh will need to look into that ..dont think i have enough time left this year..maybe next year ;)

rocket high

Veteran
update from today

re-potted the girl's exept one big devil ..because i miscalculated the amount of compost i needed so fell short by one DAMN
one of the big devil's just didn't like the repot and fell limp (root shock i think) you can see it in one of the pic's hope she picks up soon

also put more meshing up and some chicken wire around the bottom and barbed wire but dont have a pic of it will get one tomorrow when i repot that lonley big devil .
i also put some capillary mat under the pots when i get the rain catcher ready it should be fully functioning ...

its also been cammo'd :tiphat:

THC123

Veteran
Nice grow

small tips for autos next time

Don't repot them. You cannot slow down their momentum.
Just start m in peat pots or cardboard pots and as soon as they have one pair of leaves , put em in their final container(preferably straight into the earth)

Don't use a strong soilmix , you can always feed later , after a month

If you do it like is they can become pretty big outdoors

rocket high

Veteran
Nice grow

Just start m in peat pots or cardboard pots and as soon as they have one pair of leaves , put em in their final container(preferably straight into the earth)

hi thc123 ..yep ive made mistakes along the way no doubt no more repotting for the auto's ..they start what they finnish in from now on
icon14.gif

They had pretty good roots too but one big devil has taken exception to the re-potting big time

we live and learn :biggrin:

Nice grow

I really dont understand how any1 shock's any plant during transplant..My 1st indoor run off 12 fem auto's were repotted 3 times..average 40-50 grams in 70 days...So y not repot them?

I agree with u if ur using fem seeds, but wasting all that time and space in plots for males isnt for everyone..But whatever works for u, do it...

THC123

Veteran
I really dont understand how any1 shock's any plant during transplant..My 1st indoor run off 12 fem auto's were repotted 3 times..average 40-50 grams in 70 days...So y not repot them?

I agree with u if ur using fem seeds, but wasting all that time and space in plots for males isnt for everyone..But whatever works for u, do it..

i was merely explaining how i have gotten the best results with af

if you don't repot they will get the max out of their short veg cycle

of course indoor space is limited , the sun costs money and so different tactics may be used , i'm talking outdoors