What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help with picking an auto for outdoors?

rocket high

Veteran
re-potting today to 3 litre pots so will bury them deep like dargo says ... i must say these seedlings really are going for it .... they're going to be big when fully mature..
will post a pic later when ive done it ;)

rocket high

Veteran
cool bigtower ..the more the merrier ;)
well ive done my re-potting i put them as far down as possible ... and this is what they look like the now ignore the cable in the fore picture ive tucked it away now :)

they will be going into these atami 6.5 litre pots when they've out grown the 3 litre pots ;)

Hey Rocket...been away for a few and just got back....listen man...with "true" autos it is always best to plant in the container they will finish in...the reason for this is because auto's have such short vegetation time...veg time=root time.....if you are wasting most of your root making time in transplant shock...then your yield will suffer considerably...these plant are done when they are done...there is no slowing them down....just my 2 cents...good luck man!

You sold me. This is the strain I'm going to use for my first outdoor grow.

Auto AK(LowLife)
This ones for yield. Auto AK should be a building block for making larger autoflowers with a yield 28g-50g+. The knock on auto ak is thats its resin production isn't the greatest but its potency is still very nice. Definitely produces a nice day buzz. This strain takes a good amount of nutes pretty well.

Says it all imo :)

rocket high

Veteran
here we are day 18 the girls are enjoying a day in the sun ...they love it ;)
one or two have a bit of nute burn ...dont know how because they are in potting soil ..weird
but all's good

those plants are tiny for alomst being 3 weeks old, they should be about ten inches not 3. next run u should try a differant soil or ammed it more. with the high number u should end up with something, best of luck

your seeds sprouted n streched due to what i imagine being a 4000k ish cfls with all the light were its all white green light with a tad of yellow, u need 6400k bulbs next time. not nit picking but i had a similar thing happen to my autos vegging under a hps , streched to all hell, and with the short veg of an auto, each day really counts.

rocket high

Veteran
hey iwannatokeNbone this is my first run with soil and auto's am a hydro guy at heart....so ive made mistakes like¬ not putting them in the pot they should finnish in ... i thought the compost was fine but its not :( .
I used westland potting compost but next pott up am using new horizon compost ..for lighting am using t5ho cfl's and natural sun light ..i must admit they are tiny for 3 weeks ..it's trial and error for me the now but i'll know better next time ..that potting soil is shit:no: .it's stronger than it should be because of the nute burn...westland crap ....poor little bastards have had it hard from the off .. i dont mind nit picking at all ;) all comments welcome:wave:

its a bummer how a batch kind of go arye(cant spell) so quickly, im starting to think making seeds n having greater numbers is the only way to do it with theese autos, basic common sense really, i have a goal i want to acheive with them, i want to make the best ''on a scale of one to ten'' a '7' weed i can n have on a conveyour belt of lazienss pumping out decent gpw every 60ish days, ill get there. i like my smoke light anyways, just my preferance so they work well for me, just want to get them smoooooth n clean to burn and im happy.

keep your head up rocket, might get some very enjoyable nuggs.

Kerouac

I'm going to run some sour 60 this year , hopefully does alright with mold but our wet weather isn't usually until October so I should be in the clear.

rocket high

Veteran
its a bummer how a batch kind of go arye(cant spell) so quickly, im starting to think making seeds n having greater numbers is the only way to do it with theese autos, basic common sense really, i have a goal i want to acheive with them, i want to make the best ''on a scale of one to ten'' a '7' weed i can n have on a conveyour belt of lazienss pumping out decent gpw every 60ish days, ill get there. i like my smoke light anyways, just my preferance so they work well for me, just want to get them smoooooth n clean to burn and im happy.

keep your head up rocket, might get some very enjoyable nuggs.

thanks i wannatokeNbone i understand your logic ..we want decent weed as quick as we can ... but some times you have to give up a bit of quality for the speed these things finish ..such is life .... :biggrin:

since they've had a good day or two of strong sunlight they've perked up some .. so a good sunny day or two always helps :)

hi kerou im not going to go as far as october ...am stopping in late august ..as you said MOLD is a killer in this country... just to be safe ;)

rocket high

Veteran
Hears a pic of the pen we've half built on a nice windy hill side... sturdy as hell tho.. no deer are gonna get near them i hope.

Also got some veg compost, not ideal but it will have to do at the moment :)
chicken wire is going round the bottom and vegetable netting is going over the top to stop deer top feeding ;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nice work man, seems your going about things in a organized fashion. yeah those deer can be a pain in the ass, i went to check my spot today and the one roll of chicken wire that i didn't sew closed on top had the seedling eaten down to the stem. so yeah make sure the buggers can't top feed, lol. anyway look forward to seeing more pics of your spot and your preparations etc. do you have water nearby? anyway good luck for your season man.

:wave:

rocket high

Veteran
thanks gaiusmarius ...sorry to hear about your little seedling getting murdered by dear its happend to me too ..i feel your pain ;)

yes i do have a water source, it's a little stream ..but i want to use a water collector so its just rain water ...with no nasties in it really..
it's because am lazy and cant be arsed hauling water up to the girls tbh

good luck with your grow bud :biggrin:

rocket high

Veteran
Here we are day 32.....a little nute burnt and a little burnt from my t5's .....they bolt when im sleeping it's as if they know am sleeping the little shits ...lol

but it looks good they are starting to stink now so they need to go out ...probably this mon or tue's .....so happy days right now :biggrin:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks gaiusmarius ...sorry to hear about your little seedling getting murdered by dear its happend to me too ..i feel your pain ;)

yes i do have a water source, it's a little stream ..but i want to use a water collector so its just rain water ...with no nasties in it really..
it's because am lazy and cant be arsed hauling water up to the girls tbh

good luck with your grow bud :biggrin:

what can i say, i guess it's time had come, :) that deer or what ever it was, was just an instrument of fate....rofl

anyone it has been replaced, this time i actually dug a hole and added some nice earth, so the new one in that place should have a nicer time of it root wise. i also sew the cage closed on top with some green wire.

anyway what do you mean by water catcher? i have made a gully around the plants to help catch more water when it rains on that slope. do you mean that? or some thing set up to catch rain water for you to water them when you arrive?

plants are looking good man, i bet they can't wait to hit that sunshine.

rocket high

Veteran
am not a wizz on photoshop but heres a diagram of what i mean ...
it just catches water for my lazy ass am going to make wicks that come off this as well so i dont have to worry about them drying out when im not there :)

am going to finish the fort 2morrow i'll post some pics then... to show you what ive been up to ;)

rocket high

Veteran
set out this morn ..it was nice and sunny but the enevitable happend ...it started raining so i didn't get much done but got some pics of the site and some eagles ...mobile photo's so their crap sorry...
picture.php