What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Super "Super Auto" Test Grow Thread

dargo

Hi and welcome to the super auto test grow, il be growing Annapurn, Nirvana Sky & Number one (il also be growing jet47, Purple Mazar & Speedy Gonzales which are also from....I cant name anything other than strain on here so google the strain sames and find out)

I just got my beans delivered :jump: I got some tree pots on standby, just germinating them and hopefully into the pots in 24-48 hours.

Some are going in the greenhouse, some are going in gurrilla spots, some will be tied down while others will grow tall, I might even try a bit of topping on one seen as they take much longer then regular autos.

Im also going to (if its not to much of a pain in the a** to water) tie a square drain downpipe behind a fence post so it dosnt look like the is anything there, il then plant a super auto bean in there and tie her down accross either the top or the middle fence wire, I think if I do the top it might just look like loads of weed plants in a row, but if I tie her down accross the middle wire on the fence the branches wont grow much taller than the top of the fence and it will blend in better....if any of that makes sence lol..... il take a photo and draw on it what i want to do and attach it on here.

Photos to follow......

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Gonna follow this one if you dont mind.
Just got myself those same beans, Merci mon ami ;) , and i intend to germ them asap.
It would be good to share/compare results when the time comes.
I will start a thread for myself as soon as i start the process :)
Respect and all the best

I'll think I'll subscribe as well, if you don't mind. I've always been interested in Autoflowers for Guerilla gardening, but I've always been disappointed with their relatively low yield and potency.

uptosumpn

Veteran
Def. subed' for this one...I will be byuing some of these beans too!...as I want tall, over a oz per plant seeds...I will be ordering purple mazar, mach 3, cobra & sonic...company name by the way is "*****"....And, I got some of those tree pots too![the mini 9] they are the shit! Oh, how long did it take for you to get your beans BTW??

Last edited by a moderator:

Muddy

I'm also planning on trying some Jet47 soon. Will be ordering them this or next week.

Dargo, have you tried topping autos before? I had an unplanned experiment in topping last year when my goats ate the tops off of two Mi5s. They were at 4 weeks and hadn't flowered yet. Flowering was delayed by a week while they recovered. One produced 4 branches and the other 3. Overall height and yields were slightly below the one that wasn't topped.

dargo

I cant understand how I managed to do this? but when I put my seeds into paper towels I didnt wet them lol, I sealed the plates with tape and when I checked them today they was all still sat there bone dry. the thing is I did 3 seperate plates so I didnt get the seeds mixed up, and I didnt wet any of them lol. its that hbd mashing me up! anyways I have now wet the paer towels and hopfully tommorrow will see some life........

I've always been disappointed with their relatively low yield and potency.

Ive allways been happy with there high yeilds and high potency :D which ones have you tried?

I got some of those tree pots too![the mini 9] they are the shit!

Got a link to them? mine are BIG but not the tall thin ones

Dargo, have you tried topping autos before?

Never tried as I have plenty of head room in my grow cab & as the autos I have grown are all around 10 weeks from seed didnt want to stress them to much. however now im in the greenhouse and these "super autos" claim to reach 1.5 - 2.5 meters I will need to do something to stop them hitting the roof, so a little topping on 1 and lst on another will be in order, the ones going in gurrilla spots will grow wont need any height restricting, apart from the one I want to do across the fence (see my paintshop skills below)

Attachments

• fencelst.jpg
    fencelst.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 15
T

thepike1984

Can someone define "super auto"? Also whats the deal with some of them coming in super fems and some being normal fems?

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yes Dargo!
I Know you'l nail this one to the floor bro! Good Luck man!
I was trying my hardest to get my hands on some new/next generation so-called Super Auto's, i Got Big Buddhas Automatic( NL x Mex Ruderalis x Bonkers) Paradise's Automaria(Yield outdoor 350g approx P/P) & SweetSeeds Big-Devil(350g p/p), & i have more, but these girls are supposed to be larger yielding Auto's than previously being bred & improved taste/aroma & flavour & yield, hence the 'Super' auto thing, i presume im in the correct ball-park with these strains being Super Auto's & most of the beans are going outdoor! So we'll see what they are saying soon enough. Planting Outdoor time for these is around 2nd wk in June to July 1st(would be a good time), i think this will be about perfect. Good Luck with the show Darg!, i'll be adding these to my future lists if they perform well for you.
Peace & Respect............Scroger! ;)

Def. subed' for this one...I will be byuing some of these beans too!...as I want tall, over a oz per plant seeds...I will be ordering purple mazar, mach 3, cobra & sonic...company name by the way is "*****"....And, I got some of those tree pots too![the mini 9] they are the shit! Oh, how long did it take for you to get your beans BTW??

Hey if your looking for yield you should take a look at onyx, a few people on this site have had great yield

uptosumpn

Veteran
got em' already!^^^ they are for my next crop along with M15 & Ak47, also HBD for good measure....

dargo

Can someone define "super auto"? Also whats the deal with some of them coming in super fems and some being normal fems?

Yes Dargo!
I Know you'l nail this one to the floor bro! Good Luck man!
I was trying my hardest to get my hands on some new/next generation so-called Super Auto's, i Got Big Buddhas Automatic( NL x Mex Ruderalis x Bonkers) Paradise's Automaria(Yield outdoor 350g approx P/P) & SweetSeeds Big-Devil(350g p/p), & i have more, but these girls are supposed to be larger yielding Auto's than previously being bred & improved taste/aroma & flavour & yield, hence the 'Super' auto thing, i presume im in the correct ball-park with these strains being Super Auto's & most of the beans are going outdoor! So we'll see what they are saying soon enough. Planting Outdoor time for these is around 2nd wk in June to July 1st(would be a good time), i think this will be about perfect. Good Luck with the show Darg!, i'll be adding these to my future lists if they perform well for you.
Peace & Respect............Scroger! ;)

I think (but dont hold me to it) the term "super auto" refers to Annapurn, Nirvana Sky & Number one, I belive (again dont hold me to this) that there the first in a new wave of autos "super autos" that DONT have any lowryder in them, I think it has russian ruderalis in it.

Yield: 110g - 250g per plant - sound pretty super to me

super fems and normal fems, the super fems are just fem beans of the super autos (the 3 I listed above) and the normal fems are feb beans of there other autos, jet47, purple mazar, speedy g & the list goes on

got em' already!^^^ they are for my next crop along with M15 & Ak47, also HBD for good measure....

Mi5 & HBD mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:yummy:

Ive allways been happy with there high yeilds and high potency :D which ones have you tried?
Sorry, I should've specified. Disappointed in reports of their "relatively" (when compared to full-season plants) yields and potency.

I haven't grown in years, and I'm not sure when that will change.

I still think autos are some of the best things for outdoor growers (or indoor growers with limited time or space).

ETA: This is the first I've heard of these "super autos." They look really promising.

dargo

IMO most bad reports come from people who have never grown an auto and just heard other bad reports from people that havnt grown any.......and so on............ or people that have never done a grow before and expected the autos to grow themselfs only to be devistated and anti auto when they get a poop harvest (if they even get to harvest).

Anyways, onto the super autos..... Im hoping to put them in pots today but I wanted to add some worm castings to the mix and cant get them untill tommorrow, Id like them to go straight into there final pots to avoid any risk of stunting there growth when transplanting. The weather is slowly getting warmer here, I cant belive how cold its been considering them time of year. photos to follow when there is something to take a picture of

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Darg,
It seems to me that ***** wer'nt the first to produce Super-Auto's, the way i take it, its about Yield & Flavour improvements etc, 'Automaria' is supposed to be yielding upto 300gP/P and so is the 'Big Devil' also. I think these two definately qualify as Super-Auto's compared to LR crosses/yields or the original AF's, ive got high hopes for the 'BB Automatic' aswell, according to what it says on the packet, that has got LR genes in it, but i still have high hopes for the yield, The Bonkers & Mexican Rudi genes convince me it has yield potential outdoor. I want a crack at these BBAutomatic's in DWC & i'll keep a few of the beans back, i gotta see what they can do indoor under perfect conditions, Flavour description sounds exquiste man!
I have got several of ****** SAF's on the way also & im really looking forward to adding these to my outdoor collection. For me AF's are the perfect answer to getting fully finished Bud Outdoor in our Northern Hemisphere Conditions before the end of the summer, whereas before it couldent be done to full potential, now we are looking at major yielding SAF's, its getting better all the time. Loving the Show Darg, Any Pic updates Bro?
Good-Luck..&..Peace.........Scroger!

dargo

im watching a big devil grow on a uk forum, looks promising. is it a 120 days? are you doing grow logs for yours?

I didnt pot them today, wormcastings tomorrow and into there pots followed by photos. if going to do the fence lst idea in my back garden incase I need to water frequently and so i dont have to keep going back to a spot to tie her down

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Buddy,
PM me the link to that BD grow please man, & yeah sure i'll be doing some kind of 'Journal or 'Showthread so i'll give you a shout when their flying the flag bro! I been trying to get my hands on that Tom potting mix the J'A'B stuff you recommended, im gonna get 5-6 bags of that and ammend with Lime pellets, EWC, Seaweed/Kelp & some Guano & even some tricontinol &or some other growth promoting hormones if i can afford it at the time, its all for my teas most of it, im gonna try my best to get a real good well balanced mix for all the SAF's going Guerilla, they cost enough & it'd be a shame to drop them in a bollocks mix. Loving your Fence ScrOG idea, ingenious man & you gave me ideas when you first mentioned it, its a winner & well camo'ed up imo! Nice Job Bro! I'll be watching your progress bro1
Peace & Respect.......Scroger! ;)

dargo

local hydro shop is moving :( and they dont open sundays now :( no worm casting for me this mix.

I put the number 1's and the nirvana skys in the dirt today, tap roots are looking a bit small for over 3 days in the paper towels, the annapurna's havnt done anything yet :(
I have 4 of each but germinated 3 of each

I also put 12 Jet 47's into germinate today so things are starting to take off :)

Nirvana sky

picture.php

Number 1

picture.php

I put them in 6l pots as i wanted to give them a indoors headstart as its still really cold at night, but slowly getting better

picture.php

dargo

Just a quick one to say 8 out of 12 "jet 47" have about 3mm of taproot about 22 hours after going into wet paper towels, hopefully a sign of good things to come

Latest posts

Latest posts