What's new

1st time grow day 35 flower

Scooba Steve

Hello all, and thank you in advance for your time!

My friend has a bagseed, presumably mexi schwag, plant that they have been flowering for just about 35 days now. The plant has been scrogged and veg'd for about 5-6 weeks.

Over the last couple days the center of the plant has been yellowing on the upper leaves that receive the most light, and they wanted to know if this was due to the typical flowering process burning all the nitrogen, or if this could perhaps be an irregular nutrient deficiency.

The leaves have been turning a uniform yellow from the outer edges inward, not just from the very tip, and then a slight rust color.

They due not have a ph meter unfortunately, and this is their very first grow.

Thank you again!

Gunny

That's really weird...

What type nutrients are you using and how often?

How close is the light?

Temps? (lights on AND off)

Answer's to those questions may help you in isolating the problem.

Scooba Steve

No nutes at all, except for slow release ones, it's Scott brand soil I believe.
Have fed it about a 1 TBSP of molasses per gallon of water every feeding during flower.

Lights are 210W CFL's about 3-4" from the plant

Temps range from 82-86 during the day and around 70 at night.

Nortin

Ive heard that at like 84-86 flowering starts to retard, I think if you can get you temp into the mid to 70's they may be happier.
Also the soil......scotts?? please god dont ever let your friend use that crap again. Get some good organic soil....its way better. Maybe like black gold orange bag. I think in my opinion and I am a constant student so i could be wrong but it appears to be nitro burn. Maybe try leaching the soil heavily let it dry and go from there, that should atleast give you a cleaner slate. Also how often have you been leaching the soil, You gotta flush out your plants ever week or two to prevent salt and nute build up. Check out whats in that scotts soil....that stuff can cause you to grow a third eye!! Peace

P.S. In my opinion PH meter is a must have..tell your friend you can get a oakton ph1 on ebay for around 55-60 dollars, the garden is never the place to cut corners. Knowing your PH is just one last thing you have to be concerned about when stuff like this pops up and it makes it that much easier to fix. Some people grow without gadgets....weed also can grow completley unattended in a ditch.......Ill stick with the stuff that was babied in a nice mary j spa any day. Good luck with it!

Scooba Steve

Will try to get the temps down, and unfortunately they didn't check for any local nursery's before starting the project, big mistake on their part.

I'm not sure about the nitro burn though, I could be way of base here, but there has not been any problems yet with any nute burn yet, and they have not added any N. I was wondering if it could actually be a Phosphorus deficiency?

And btw, they do have a meter, but unfortunately the battery is dead...

xOOx

here's what i have learned over time

the more you try to fix it, the worse it will get.

hard to say if its used up all the nutrients in the soil or not, but thats doubtful. could be a lockout too, because of ph. could be that's just the nature of that unknown strain. it yellows at 35

but here's the deal, first grow

just let the weed do its thing. you don't smoke those leaves anyway.. just keep watering it on schedule, i wouldn't use the molasses anymore -- isn't that second or third grow? lol

xoox