What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mi5 Grow Journal - Growing With CANNA

catness

Ya from your pics I think your okay man they dont look like male preflowers from those pictures, but just small new growth areas. It is deceiving though and I understand the concern, no one wants a hermie.

dargo

Day 19:

picture.php

picture.php

I selected a girl for my seed run.
picture.php

This is an unknown normal strain im going to cross with the Mi5, I was going to do with with the auto ak47 x auto hindu kush pollen but it didnt keep :(

I had to do some last min tieing down as she got to tall for the small space she is in.
picture.php

picture.php

Bighill

Well you should keep an eye on them. Suspect growth like that has turned out to be nanners on sum occasions for me. I seen some nanners on 2 snowryders last run, it gives it away when they come out of the middle of mature buds :).

Early hermies i have found will shoot out large amounts of balls and hairs, you'll know for sure when you see it.

That one in the photo would get put nearest to the door in my room and inspected up and down daily. If you can stay on top of the nanners you can still finish it out without seeding everything but it's baby sitting time for sure. Wouldn't make seeds with the herms ither.

Edit: After more insection I think those are imature nanners you have there... They sure don't look like leaves, nice torpeado looking bastards coming out with friends.. For sure you have hairs on it too? I couldn't find any in that pic. Maybe a stud?

BH

i also have a russian rocket fuel thats turned out to be a hermi, showed male first the through out a lone pistol, i asked stitch about the hermi problems as alot of people seem to be getting nanners off his stuff, but he never replied.

dargo

It was a ball sack and not a mong branch :( if you look lin the bottom photo (out of the maybe hermie photos) you can see 2 hairs, there behind and on the oposite side to the sack sticking out from the back. ther is just as much white hairs as on the other girls.

Kids go to school in 20 mins so il be able to get the plants out and have another inspection.

Il have to see if I can message stitch or get him to join this thread?

dargo

just having a look now, my biggest best girl is definetly a hermie, 2 of the other girls are now definetly hermies, comparing the ones im not sure about yet with the ones I know are hermies (how they looked a few days ago) id say that out of 10 Mi5 seeds I have 8 hermies, 1 male and 1 is a unknown runt.

dargo

Just emailed the seedbank to let them know :( Im so pissed!!! ive taken them all out my grow cab and put them under the 125w flowering cfl in the space above my grow cab. I dont want to waste my hps on them at the moment. I moved the unknown normal strain under the hps and put the timer on 12/12

I was tempted to put the male Mi5 in with her but if all his siblings are hermies the chances are his offspring might have hermie trait.

Atleast il have some space when my cheese cutting come!

Mr.Meds

Yup, that's the stuff. You can find plenty of threads with people saying it worked for them and all male flowers fell off. Quicker you can get it the better. I hope my RRF and stuff don't herm out.

dargo

I noticed that the plants under the 125w cfl grow wayyyyyyyyyy slower then the hps, hopefully by putting them all under the cfl it will slow down any nut growth untill my reverse arrives

dargo

Just got a reply to my email......

Hi i am afraid the law in the UK is rather strict on selling cannabis seeds.

we can sell them only as souvenirs so cannot discuss anything to do with growing or germination as that would put us in a position where we would be inciting you to break the law

if you have any issues you would need to contact the seedbank direct

sorry to be so formal but another UK seed vendor has just gone to prison for 18 months for 'incitement to grow

:(

I have seen this before. And I don't blame them for not share. You probably have to watch your back pretty closely being an online seed vendor.

dargo

I noticed that most of the ball sacks are on the 4th internode (if that means anything?) it looks like where I get a mong branch on 1 side if another mong branch dosent grow on the other side il get a nut sack grow there instead.

I cant see any sacks anywhere else, ive picked off everything I can see and checked each one from top to bottom side to side and they all look clear ( i know it only take 1 bannana to drop with the fan on and it could seed everything, but if im going to lose it all anyway what have I got to lose? ive moved them back under the 250w hps in the hope that they wont grow any more balls.

Im still completly gutted, but got to move forward :)

picture.php

picture.php

dargo

(I forgot to say apart from 1 or 2 the rest are all between 11" - 1ft in height, think its day 21)

Thats what I did :)

I would say its a pain to have to check them a couple of times a day, but hey! i get to sit with the girls a couple of times a day. I dont think il ever grow tierd of just sitting there watching them grow.

I got the duchmaster reverse on the way so hopefully all bases are covered.

Can anyone think of a reason why they would produce sacks on the 4th internode o on the oposite side to where a mong branch is growing where you would expect another mong branch to grow.

I have 1 girl that hasnt grown any male organs, also my male hasnt shown any hermie signs, so it looks like I can still do a seed run. If all goes to plan it will be intresting to see if the seeds show hermie traits when I grow them in the summer