What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

161 watts easyryder grow in a pc

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks seedling and Dr Dog
The case was only 89 dollars! It was on sale at this online computer store that was closing..It took forever to find but it was worth it
Just putting the scrubber back on..keep you all posted...
Just 1 question..it seems silly using a scrubber for smell when you have to open the case every so often anyways to water, feed etc.
Anyone have answers to this??

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
well if you are beginning to grow, you will be opening a lot more than every once in a while

And for the short period you will have it open, the smell will quickly dissapate. As opposed to having a "chute" of stinky air being pumped out like a febreeze noticeable

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks dr Dog..yeah, you are right..have you (or anyone else?) found a small scrubber that works.. if i fill the scrubber even a touch it seems to get blocked..UGh
this is the second time now I've had to redo it..
this is my first micro grow so I need all the help I can get!
I like the autoflowers though..Is there any autoflowers that are very strong smoke? i see many aren't but there has to be some strain..
thanks all

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
161 watts easyryder grow in a pc

hey everyone! Just thought I'd share my grow..Took alot of redoing to get here but its finally on! Its a Lian Li aluminum server case and I have 1.35 cubic feet of space to work with.. 6 lights with 161 watts of assorted cfl's which put out 10600 lumens too

temps never go higher than 77 which seems pretty good considering such a small space but its all good!
The exhaust is a Delta 151 cfm fan and there is a fan blowing on the lights up top..as you can see, I have lights up the side so the plant will get the full effect of the cfl's..One exhaust is just for hot summer days.

the easy-ryder is 5 days old now

A few pics to show..
look forward to any feedback

hilbie

when u realize your going to pull around 10 grams your 90 dollars plus other expenses and near 3 month time investment in growing the plant makes it not really worth the .3 oucne of erb you could of just bought. not to be neg but to engage in illegael activity for 70+days for around 100 bucks worth of smoke isnt too bright-

*mr.mike*

Depending on how big/deep the pots you use are, you might be able to get four plants in there, if you train or lean them... maybe an ounce every 10 weeks or so.

But once you have pots, medium, water, etc., in there, you'll have less air, too... It could get anywhere in between "easy bake oven" to rubber underwear in there. I hope the vents are good.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks for your insight...I don't have tons of room to grow so this is fine for now..Have any of you ever checked out the micro grows thread..People in there with less space than me and they are growing 1 oz plus in some cases

any feedback is good feedback I guess huh...
i live in a town of 7000 people and trying to find ANYTHING here is next to impossible so 89 bucks isn't too bad...
I've seen people get a heck of alot more than 10 grams too..All good.. Thanks all for at least dropping by...
the case has run 18-24 hours for 6 straight days now with pot, soil etc and hasn't gotten over 79 degrees which isn't bad...
after this run, I am using it for a mom and clones anyways..
I have a 151 cfm delta fan with speed control to suck out all the hot air..I have pics showing the heat leaving the case at 82 degrees!
thanks for stopping by

hilbie

even if u get the holy grail 28 gram harvest which is a very slim chance its still about a 3 month investment, 70 -75 for auto ak+ 5-7 days drying. maybe the erb would sell for 300 for an O maybe little more maybe little less, for around a 100 bucks a month u could just buy it, i know u said its hard to find but just speaking some common sense to u- pc growing is really more of a novelty simply because nobody can surport their habbit with one-

check dr buds 2 sq feet sog
guy gets like 20 odd plants in a sq foot or 2 and has excellent results he claims he can pull 2g dry per watt with cfls, i do not think the man is a lier in the slightest and plenty people are adopting his technique, i myself may try it out

peace and good karma good look on your grow! very nice mini harvest

hlbie i think the point here is the mans giving it as much as he can dedicate to it and fareplay to him for that maybe he is happy with the results he will atain?///

C

ChynaRyder

There are a lot of places in this f*cked up country where you just cannot buy anything worth shelling out the bucks for...no matter what your budget. I live in just one of those places. Good on ya, BC, and good luck with your grow. At least you are GROWING.:joint:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey thanks Gene-weaver...you are so right
Check the micro grow forums sometime(hilbie) there is much to learn and so many have perpetual grows in pc's too ..I'll be building another bigger one next spring so this will be the mother/clone box..its not like I want tons of herb anyways
If I can put 161 watts in a case which when everything in it is accounted for, and have 1.35 cubic space with 10600 lumens, thats not bad..alot of the pc cases can't handle that much heat but with help from you all here, I am pulling it off
Not bad..
This is just for fun too..I think its amazing that you can grow something in pc case!Hilarious!!
I came to the auto flower forums because I think auto's are amazing too! Hope I can just enjoy this and learn from you here..
Thats what its all about for me..
I have lots of killer bud that is medical for me so, as I said its all about the fun..why so serious anyways... With this as a clone box later , its fine with me..I don't think ANYONE could afford to buy auto seeds all the time and this forum teaches people how to get free seeds from your grows anyways

C

cyber echo

Alot of people buy a strain only once. You should make a seed run with ur first grow. Just select the best looking male and female with most desirable traits and pollinate. If you do it right, you can get a shit ton of seeds. Build up ur seed bank bro

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
coming from you mdanzig is a HUGE compliment..thanks..
I was trying to find some of your strains with absolutely no luck..can anyone recommend any?
Thanks too cyber echo...I need a little info to research on the seed run thing..can you or anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks all