What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lambsbread or lambsbreath?

from my understanding these are two differnt strains...well i was gifted three of them not sure which one it is.....any picture and or feedback on these strains would be appreciated...especially pics in veg so i can figure out which it is..all info is great info

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I'm pretty sure lambsbread is oldschool jamaican sativa! something about Bob Marley.... not sure if this helps. L8r

G

Guest 18340

I'm pretty sure lambsbread is oldschool jamaican sativa! something about Bob Marley.... not sure if this helps. L8r

Yup, old school Jamaican sativa. I havent seen any since the late 80's in NY. Fuckin AWESOME smoke. Reported to be one of Bob Marley's fav smoke.:joint:
Oh, it was called Lambsbread in NY but I often heard people call it Lambsbreath.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my friend who goes to jamaica a couple of times a year says that Lambsbread is more of a regional name than a specific sativa.

i'm interested in any knowledge on this too as i have a Lambsbread dominant pheno of sharksbreath.

V.

Lambsbreath/ d is exactly as the magnificent verdante says....
Howard Marks in Jamaica... on youtube can help explain!
The names are frequently used interchange-ably!
LOL
GLUCK!

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Lambs Bread is old time Jamaican sativa, 20+ft tall, huge buds and really easy to spot from a police helicopter

No longer available in any form, even in Jamaica ...... sure people will sell you bud or seeds but they're nothing to do with real Lambs Bread

The last I saw off the Island was over 20yrs ago ...... there's none on the Island, despite much protestations that there is ..... believe me I've looked and even the Maroons tell me it's gone ..... all that collie weed in the 80's filled the air with pollen and it cross bred out in a few years

Whilst there's a big domestic market for it, which is mostly ignored because of $ involved in growing quick finishing hybrids for export, 7 weeks from seed to smoke isn't unusual, nor is a 'shopping list' from the buyer ..... I've seen some, all the requests are for White Widow/Rhino/Shark, NYCD, etc ....

With such a high turn over the plants need to be easy to trim, since a single 'herbstalk' is what the end product is, growing single cola hybrids makes much more sense .....

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Cannabiogen, keeps a pure Jamaican line, Jamaica 85'. Caribe is the hybrid they offer with their pure Jamaican.

Some years ago, I have the pleasure to grow two Jamaica 85' girls....the effect was like nothing I've ever tried before, you feel so happy and inna a very cool athmosphere, perfect to chat, meet friends, sing and laugh.

Jamaica 85' both girls.

Salud y Vida

G

Guest 18340

All I know is what I used to buy in the late 80's in NY was being called Lambsbread. And that it's no longer around, and hasn't been for a very long time. Unfortunately.
Whether it was actual Lambsbread or if their ever was an actual strain called Lambsbread, I don't know, I was too wasted to care...

Cannabiogen, keeps a pure Jamaican line, Jamaica 85'. Caribe is the hybrid they offer with their pure Jamaican.

Some years ago, I have the pleasure to grow two Jamaica 85' girls....the effect was like nothing I've ever tried before, you feel so happy and inna a very cool athmosphere, perfect to chat, meet friends, sing and laugh.

Jamaica 85' both girls.

Salud y Vida
Got a few caribes growing now just seedlings,will be making f-2s so i can find mom from a larger selection if i dont get lucky,Jam has always been tricking indoors

H

highsteppa

A friend of mine spent some time in JA in the late 70's and he said that Lambsbread isn't a strain, but that true lambsbread was made by pollinating a female plant very close to finish. The result was described as a plant that had developed swollen calyxes as it was about to make seed but harvested before any seed had begun to fill that void. He also said that this herb looked like corn on the cob from this treatment.

Also a Jamaican friend of mine froma while back said that some of the best herb grown (80's to early 90's)was called "Alaska". He said that this was the strain that Bunny Wailer grew on his farm and that it was very strong herb. Dosn't sound like pure sat...

Momerath

I've had Lambsbread from several clubs and personal growers and it is a real gem. Very tasty and exotic flavor, and very funky smell. Had a chance to score a clone or two but passed it up as I don't think it would finish outside where I am located. If I had an indoor setup I wouldn't hesitate to grow it, its def a special strain.
I wish you the best of luck HIGH you will certainly enjoy this lady :smile:

VirginHarvester

Veteran

Ras Pablo, I am searching for Jamaican 85 and cannot find. Do you know who carries it... still available?

Thanks.

VH

J

JackKerouac

So much Lambsbread at Reggae Rising this year. It smokes like a pure energetic sativa, although it was more dense and had a similar pallete to Stella Artois. I am not Martha Stewart, but it is "good things".

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Lambsbread yah man! Hard to know whats the real one nowadays. A friend came back from Jam with a lot of seeds he gave to me. A pack of 6 seeds was given to him by the singer Coco Tea who say it was "lambsbread".
I will grow them this winter...I had a old documentary in JA about ganja farmers that show some lambsbread and claim to be the best they have, i lost it :wallbash:

Peace

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lambsbread is what it sounds like when a Jamaican person says lambsbreath. Anyone who's smelled lambs burping knows the fresh green grass smell. It's a perfect metaphor.