What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Archive Seeds- The Vision ( Ohio Lemon G x Do-si-do)

EvergreenState

Awesome, Uhmaaazing, Incredible Part 2

Awesome, Uhmaaazing, Incredible Part 2

Self esteem is something that is BUILT and not something that is automatically given from the very beginning of a human beings growth. One of the members of the Toyoda family, the founders of the Toyota( In Japanese culture changing the name of the company supposedly brings good luck) company said once that people were always praising him for his great successes. He said the only problem with that is that they do not see the million times he failed.
The true BUILDING of character and self esteem is based on being able to perseverve and not give up after many, many failures. Real achievement, real self esteem and real greatness, requires extremely hard work over, usually a very long period of time and requires strength to not give up and to keep trying after many failures. Then when success does come your way, your self esteem is hightened when you look back with pride on your perseverance to keep on trying after many failures.
Self esteem built up to the highest level without these struggles is almost totally worthless because it is not built over a long period of time, does not require strength of character and the perseverance required overcoming many failures. There is no foundation built under that self esteem and that is why it is so fragile and easily crumbles. As we see when we watch the news, you can see the crumbling on display in the form of shouting, screaming, hitting and name calling. Otherwise known as a temper tantrum.
What should be taught is that self esteem is built. It requires encouragement when facing many failures and teaching that perseverance will eventually lead to success; enhanced self esteem will follow.
An example of today's self esteem building would be teaching a young child how to draw. Let's say the lesson that day is teaching the children to get things in their proper proportions. Lets say they are drawing animals and the teacher shows them how to get the head the right size in regards to the rest of the body.
The teacher today goes around the room looking at the drawings. She sees a child's drawing and the head is way out of proportion to the rest of the body. Today's teacher praises the child and tells them that what they have done is just awesome and amazing. She finds something she likes about the drawing, oh I like that you colored the cow blue. The kid smiles, is happy and feels good about herself. Mission accomplished because it's all about feelings these days.
The child skips home happy as a lark, shows the picture to her mom, the mom tells her that's UHMAAAZING and puts it up on the frig. The child is now supposedly accomplished at drawing and her shallow, heightened sense of self esteem is boosted out of proportion and the start of a delusional reality is well on the way.
People who know me know that I love basketball; well I used to until the 3 pointer and a total lack of defense brought on by the newer generation's need for constant, instant gratification, led the league to change the game. Score, score, score every second or I will be bored. No need to pass the ball around and work hard with teammates and coaches to figure out how to score. Defensive players can no longer touch offensive players and all you need to do is drive and kick it out to spot up 3 point shooters who jack up low percentage shots. The struggle in the games and therefore the interest in the game, has been greatly diminished.
Anyway I still watch from time to time and everybody knows I've had a lifelong interest in the game. I was asked the other day what I thought of the WNBA. I said the top 20 rated boys high school teams in my state would demolish the best WNBA team. The boys are all much bigger, stronger, faster and can jump much higher. It's all to do with the physical difference between men and women. I don't watch the WNBA because, almost no one else does either, look at the attendance and tv viewer stats., the quality of play is very low compared the men's game and if not subsidized financially by the NBA, it would not even exist.
When I answered this question I was told that I was a misogynist and a sexist. So I don't watch the WNBA, not because it's a much lower quality of play compared to other types of basketball on offer and I prefer to watch a higher quality of play, it's because I hate women. I guess I have to tell my friends at work, my neighbors and family members who happen to be women and who I am close to, that I now hate them and can no longer associate with them.
Awesome, uhmaaazing, incredible.

EvergreenState

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

I broke a bud off a branch about 4 days ago, it's pretty dry now and I'm going to smoke it after I take care of some business today.
First impressions after checking this bud and others with the scope this morning. Very resinous and extremely ( Eyes watering, gagging and coughing) loud. Intense Pinesol cleaner smell. Bodes well for the smoke session.
I may harvest some upper buds today if I like the smoke session effects. I have no idea how manys of flower it is. I look, smell, taste, feel and go by that.
picture.php

EvergreenState

The bud I sampled had about 10-15% amber heads. I'd say about 70% clear heads. So it's young, hsrvested early and like most clear resin, the initial high hits full speed within 10 minutes and is very intense initially and is very potent. Full body and head buzz. Deep, pain killing, relaxing bud that doesn't put you to sleep. Lasts a long time and you look really stoned. I love this stone and I'm really happy I seeded these plants. There's a lot to work with here. Great flavor and smell. Groovy baby.:party:

EvergreenState

picture.php
If I was going to grade these I'd probably take 4 or 5 of these seeds out of this cookie jar for not being A grade. Probably 30 A grade seeds after harvesting 2 buds. The future is bright.
picture.php

EvergreenState

Harvested some top buds 4 days ago and harvested more today. Working my way down as they ripen.
My light also has grow and a bloom switches and you are supposed to use both lights during bloom but I've shut off the grow light at this point, with only the very reddish bloom light doing the remainder of the work.
picture.php

EvergreenState

My experience has been that all buds ripen at a different rate, kind of like apples on an apple tree. Not all of the apples ripen at the same rate and each time you go out to harvest some apples, you only pick the ripe ones.
It's a much slower process and you have make note of when you pick what buds. Although I'm not real strict about that either. I pick buds up by the stem and the lightweight ones are dropped into a paper bag for a couple of days; typically after 4 or 5 days of drying. I leave them in the bags for a couple of days in order to draw out the inner moisture. Then I let them dry out in the open for a couple of days before jarring up.
It's slow and not exact but it's stress free.

EvergreenState

Gave a new friend, who I'd never treated before with anything I'd grown, a couple of joints made with recently dried, The Vision, bud; no curing at all. Here is his report.
Okay so holy shit that bud you gave me is good as hell👌. My girl and I smoked the skinnier joint Lastnight and were THOROUGHLY
impressed.....like wow. Not even just saying that cuz we’re buddies,I don’t even know how I’d critique it. It burned slow,tasted good as hell(first drag I took I knew it was gonna be good) and gave me a super good high. Nicely done man,I can’t believe you grew somthing that tasty👍👍👍
This is a guy who only buys dispensary pot. I told him he hasn't really had bud that was carefully grown and would probably be very surprised at the difference. He was.
These joints were made from buds that were finger fucked like crazy because I was breaking them down to get the seeds out. So I'm sure a lot of resin was removed in the process. Also there was no cure at all and he and his girl loved it regardless. You know you've done well when you get this kind of review.
I'm really happy that, The Vision from Archive Seeds, turned out so well and it's not even close to what it will be after cure. Also these were heavily seeded plants which probably reduced the resin production and bud size somewhat.
You're going to have to be patient with this strain. It's not the fastest vegger in the world and you need to top it, at the very least, twice. I vegged them until they were about 26 inches/66cm tall. I grew them in small, 1/2 gallon, approx. two liters, pots. I think they can be big and bushy when grown in a more normal size pot; 2 gallons for hempy style, like I grew or at least 5 gallons for soilless or soil.
Very fragrant, great flavor and potent, long lasting high. My last two grows have been with Mars Hydro leds and Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect nutrients. I've not yet perfected using these nutrients but I've had my most fragrant and flavorful buds ever using this lighting and nutrient combination.
The Vision is a strain I highly recommend and I'd bet my last dollar that concentrates would be out of this world flavorful. Highest recommendation.

EvergreenState

Letting them die the old fashioned way. I brought them out from under a light and putting them in front of a west facing window.
I've harvested about 4 times. The lowers still have too much green to harvest.
I'll let this late fall, low light in the gray northwest of the usa and water only, take these girls to the end.
picture.php

EvergreenState

Thanks DTOG. I love seeing buds with seeds in them too. The flavors that are starting to come on are heavenly to me. This heavy burnt rubber, fuely smell and taste is great. A totally satisfying deep, rich flavor.
Like a well cured cigar and this bud hasn't cured at all. The future is bright for these new seeds.

EvergreenState

At least a couple hundred seeds so far. I'm harvesting seeds as I use bud, so I've probably used up about an 1/8th of the bud. I'm guessing I'll end up with about 5-7 hundred seeds, maybe more. I can't believe what people charge for seeds.
I had 2 very modestly sized plants and I'm going to get maybe 700 or more seeds. If I had about 10 good size seeded plants, I'd have probably 5 thousand or more seeds. That selling seeds gig is a good gig if you can get it.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts