What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double cola

G

I have a plant that's doing something I haven't seen in my limited growing experience of a few years.

One of the main tops has two colas growing from one stem. Is this common? Interesting.

Attachments

• 2018-10-25 048 - Copy (2400x1600).jpg
    2018-10-25 048 - Copy (2400x1600).jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I

Ignignokt

It can happen.... sometimes a thing called whorled phylotaxy happens too, where instead of splicing into 2 colas the main stem is kind of flat and grows an abnormal cola.

They might be completely different things, but your double cola stem might look a bit weird before the second cola branches out?

nickman

Veteran
It’s not that common... (not for me at least). But I e had it happen once or twice. I have a pic of it in my karma tester thread of karmas OG x biker kush ...