What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'In Search of the ULTIMATE SATIVA and INDICA'....(Rare Land-Race Hunting.)

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Possibly - he is 'Up Country' - and sorting out things before he gives us any data on where he was - so as to be secure in his seed hunt - and not worry about any outside influences that may inhibit or derail his quest?

We can all think of possible negative things that may have happened to him - but let us think and wish positive things for him - perhaps our collective best wishes will help him somehow - someway?

*Oh - someone sent me some seeds in some trail-mix today - and I don't know what variety they are - so if the sender see's this can he/she PM me the details?

View Image

Brilliant! I'd say stocks in trail mix companies will go through the roof! LOL

Peace
BM

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Maybe yes Gypsy, but this trail mix its more like bird food and prank.

:tiphat:

Oh hey.... it's no prank. At least in Canada.
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/plants/...s/d-96-03/eng/1312380810386/1312381018330#a14

Look at 1.5 Commodities Exempt
Having said that, you have to be convincing with a destination or web address to make it seem legit because with a big old bag of hemp seed the border agent might check. If you address it to the "London Urban Birders Club", and have a one page website (like a free WIX page), you're golden.

Until we have instant star trek DNA Sequencing tricorders, it's up to the border agent. So be a little convincing.

O

[omerta]

Oh hey.... it's no prank. At least in Canada.
https://www.inspection.gc.ca/plants...s/d-96-03/eng/1312380810386/1312381018330#a14

Look at 1.5 Commodities Exempt
Having said that, you have to be convincing with a destination or web address to make it seem legit because with a big old bag of hemp seed the border agent might check. If you address it to the "London Urban Birders Club", and have a one page website (like a free WIX page), you're golden.

Until we have instant star trek DNA Sequencing tricorders, it's up to the border agent. So be a little convincing.

I think its about original sealed bags, other way, why they make that law if its so easy to circumvent, that dont make any sense.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I managed to find out where these Jagerscnitzel seeds came from - that were in the trail-mix - so it all good.

They are a server fund donation - from a legal state - oh what a palava - lol.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I think its about original sealed bags, other way, why they make that law if its so easy to circumvent, that dont make any sense.

I had 2 shipments not make it because of "Foreign Contaminants" Aka: dirty with sticks/stems, leaf matter, etc. Both were in plastic bags within Burlap bags and sealed like they do small coffee bags. Were they dirty? My guy says No. But we're talking 3rd world people here. So who knows.

O

[omerta]

This is great news Gypsy, story have happy ending. I was pretty sure this is bad joke. How many You find there?

You still raise a server founds and looking for vendors ?

S

Sertaiz

i think we are bullshitting to try and distract from that elephant.. ..all hopes are in the mountains, taking it all in. making some good friends. or stealth mode. one day we will hear from him, that rascally rhino

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I wrote before this was one of the best threads ever.
But, This is intense. I have never checked on a thread so many times in a week.
Every time I see this thread pop up on "My I.C." I'm hoping for good news.
More good thoughts being sent his way.

onefinity

This is a very cool thread.

Personally would like to see someone find true heirloom mexicans like true Acapulco Gold or Zacatecas Purple that survived untouched since the 70's. Spiritual stuff. Laughter inducing stuff. Also the "tripping grass" that came out of southeast asia

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi !

All the best from a fellow traveler !

Does the seed hunter plan to pay the Bhutan visa fee (200USD per day) ? Or he has his entries ?

Titoon

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
He did tell us that he had acquired a visa for Bhutan - and that he was prepared to pay the now $350 per day fee to visit that nation, which includes a personal guide - a while back.

We still have not heard from him in maybe 2 weeks now - so am a bit worried and concerned for his safety - hopefully he will be in touch soon.

Hi !

All the best from a fellow traveler !

Does the seed hunter plan to pay the Bhutan visa fee (200USD per day) ? Or he has his entries ?

Titoon

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
When I was traveling I was terrible at notifying anyone where I was. I will assume he is having a great time and finding some amazing farms.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I would check in to this thread in a year or so :D It's way past peak growing season and these things take time any way.

Kudos for having Bhutan and Xinjian on the list btw! Although Bhutanese strains probably are near identical to Nepalese ones there is less chance of contamination from western genetics on the Bhutanese side. In Nepal they have grown western and wld hashplant genetics side by side with local plants for decades (which is still only a drop in the ocean) but the Bhutanese landraces are very likely to be pure.

Xinjian is a wild card for sure. I don't know if the sativa hashplant of the old still persist but I wish you luck in finding it.

Since you're open to suggestions maybe the Altay mountain range could be worth exploring!